BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Clearout begins at Rovers

One word answer for you Muddboy. Frenchman.

btw seems I'm not alone....

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." —General George S. Patton

"Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without your accordion." —Norman Schwartzkopf

"We can stand here like the French, or we can do something about it." —Marge Simpson

"As far as I'm concerned, war always means failure." —Jacques Chirac, President of France .... "As far as France is concerned, you're right." —Rush Limbaugh

"The only time France wants us to go to war is when the German Army is sitting in Paris sipping coffee." —Regis Philbin

"You know, the French remind me a little bit of an aging actress of the 1940s who was still trying to dine out on her looks but doesn't have the face for it." —John McCain, U.S. Senator from Arizona

"They've taken their own precautions against Al Qaeda. To prepare for an attack, each Frenchman is urged to keep duct tape, a white flag, and a three-day supply of mistresses in the house." —Argus Hamilton

"The only way the French are going in is if we tell them we found truffles in Iraq." —Dennis Miller

"I don't know why people are surprised that France won't help us get Saddam out of Iraq. After all, France wouldn't help us get the Germans out of France!" —Jay Leno

"The last time the French asked for 'more proof,' it came marching into Paris under a German flag." —David Letterman

How many Frenchmen does it take to change a light bulb? One. He holds the bulb and all of Europe revolves around him.

Next time there's a war in Europe, the loser has to keep France.

^_^

ROFLMAO, so funny and yet so true.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

So long!

Good news all round I suppose, great defender but has been really poor in his attitude at times and it seems he was never going to play

Givet's been available on a free for longer than MGP.

He wouldn't leave without a large pay off. He seems to have got his wish.

Don't believe everything you read on here.

As Stuart says he's one of our last quality player to get shifted out, Venkys your job is done :angry2:

Givet's been available on a free for longer than MGP.

He wouldn't leave without a large pay off. He seems to have got his wish.

Neithet did Pedersen.He came back to England this week to negotiate the terms of his departure which no doubt cost an arm and a leg.

Excellent couple of days work getting both Pedersen and Givet off the wage bill though. One was a nice lad off the pitch who gave up the ghost on it long ago and the other always gave 110% on the pitch but seems to have been an unsettling influence off it for quite a while.

Well, wages and attitude aside, what we've lost is two players who were quality for us in the premiership, and have played at a standard many of our current team can only dream of.

Those eager to see both Peds and Givet shifted will point out bad attitude, poor form, not fitting in or needed... but a certain top manager we had before Venkys crashed the party had both men down as first team regulars. Big Sam found uses for both players in what was a top 10 premier league team. In light of that all this not good enough/unmanageable/don't fit the system doesn't wash. The problem is rookie managers, poor tactics, turmoil off the field and bad man-management. A good manager would have made both of these guys assets in a promotion push.

As it is we don't have an experienced manager to do that, for the same reason we don't want these guys - money.

All the best to Gael as he returns to his hometown of Arles.

I hope he finds happiness there, it certainly seems an idyllic setting and Arles-Avignon appear to be a decent family type club.

Time for both Rovers and Gael to move on I think, looks like a good outcome has been achieved.

Always liked Givet. He never really got a decent run in the side (I've not looked but I bet he's never played more than 25 games a season). Did well at left back for us, was a good centre half. Clearly though it was time he went at the end, was never going to get games for some reason - and that's what players need.

All the best Givet.

All the best to MGP as well. Great servant, played at the highest level at the club and scored some fantastic goals. The bitterness displayed by some really does take the biscuit when others (e.g. Etuhu) don't even play.

Where is he by the way? Injured? With what? Hasn't played since Christmas. Another wrong un bought by Kean, Singh and Co for which the club will pay the price for a long long time.

Oh Venkys, you haven't a jar of glue have you?

Well, wages and attitude aside, what we've lost is two players who were quality for us in the premiership, and have played at a standard many of our current team can only dream of.

Those eager to see both Peds and Givet shifted will point out bad attitude, poor form, not fitting in or needed... but a certain top manager we had before Venkys crashed the party had both men down as first team regulars. Big Sam found uses for both players in what was a top 10 premier league team. In light of that all this not good enough/unmanageable/don't fit the system doesn't wash. The problem is rookie managers, poor tactics, turmoil off the field and bad man-management. A good manager would have made both of these guys assets in a promotion push.

As it is we don't have an experienced manager to do that, for the same reason we don't want these guys - money.

Abso @#/? lutely!

In reality the clear-out began years ago when Venkys took over. In that time we have cleared out virtually all of the players who could have played in the Premier League and kept us there and replaced them with inferior ones who couldn't.

Now we are trying to clear out those as well, at great expense, hopefully to the owners.

You really truly could not make it up.

Top defender, met him a couple of times, nice enough to me - liked to be challenged and just wants to win.

Good, established managers could keep him in check and we won't have that for a long time.

All the best Gael!

Venkys and Jerome Anderson are a compete disgrace, should never be allowed near our club again.

Yes big Sam got a tune out of Givet and yes he was a regular in a top ten PL outfit. But that was 3-4 years ago now. Peraonally speaking, if he hadnt acted like such an arse in the last few years I'd have rather seen him stay and take Danns place. But that says more about my opinion of Dann's ability than it does about Givet's. However imo and despite his touching goodbyes, I think he has treated Rovers fans with utter contempt and I won't be sorry to see him leave. It's common to hear people say he performed like a warrior on the pitch. But sadly off the pitch he performed like a stroppy toddler.

Yes big Sam got a tune out of Givet and yes he was a regular in a top ten PL outfit. But that was 3-4 years ago now. Peraonally speaking, if he hadnt acted like such an arse in the last few years I'd have rather seen him stay and take Danns place. But that says more about my opinion of Dann's ability than it does about Givet's. However imo and despite his touching goodbyes, I think he has treated Rovers fans with utter contempt and I won't be sorry to see him leave. It's common to hear people say he performed like a warrior on the pitch. But sadly off the pitch he performed like a stroppy toddler.

Much like Samba, no? Roberts?

For me, there are some players who would not put up with Kean's bullshit and toe the line. Such players were soon the subject of rumours about bad attitudes and refusing to play (wonder where they started?).

Much like Samba (and others), Givet gets a free pass for any issues during the VenKean era. They destroyed something inside a large percentage of Rovers fans (there are still some who won't come back for that reason), isn't it probable they destroyed something inside half the players? (I could include Nelsen, Diouf, N'Zonzi, Hoilett, Emerton, Salgado, Roberts, Robinson in that list too).

Remember, for a long time, it looked like Kean would not be sacked no matter how badly we did or how many relegations we suffered. That's pretty soul destroying stuff.

Bob on.

He didn't look that quality against Carlisle.

How would you know :rock:

The time to worry about Givet went a long time ago, he's been mismanaged, treated badly by the club, and due to that has attitude problems. If Allardyce had still been here he'd probably have been made captain imo, the situation would never have gotten as far as it did.

Still not 100% sure what I feel about these exits. In terms of ex Premiership Football Club Blackburn Rovers these are poor moves as both players have top experience and could bring positives to the team/young players at the club.

In terms of BRFC today, a ruined structure of a club that looks right at home as a mid table championship side, then surely it makes sense to let high earning players go who aren't part of our managers plans. We can Venkys bash all day and this is 100% justified but one day has to come were we start having to acknowledge (I didn't say accept as we as fans can never accept what these charlatans have done to my club) our situation and decisions have to be made, in our plight can we carry these two players high wages I'd probably say no.

Archived