BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Clearout begins at Rovers

Still not 100% sure what I feel about these exits. In terms of ex Premiership Football Club Blackburn Rovers these are poor moves as both players have top experience and could bring positives to the team/young players at the club.

In terms of BRFC today, a ruined structure of a club that looks right at home as a mid table championship side, then surely it makes sense to let high earning players go who aren't part of our managers plans. We can Venkys bash all day and this is 100% justified but one day has to come were we start having to acknowledge (I didn't say accept as we as fans can never accept what these charlatans have done to my club) our situation and decisions have to be made, in our plight can we carry these two players high wages I'd probably say no.

Fair.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At most Clubs other teams pay YOU for your best players. At Rovers WE have to pay to make our best players leave.

This is the true cost of having owners who haven't got a clue what they're doing.

VENKYS you are a disgrace...

At most Clubs other teams pay YOU for your best players. At Rovers WE have to pay to make our best players leave.

This is the true cost of having owners who haven't got a clue what they're doing.

VENKYS you are a disgrace...

Amen to that Azuri :tu:

Much like Samba, no? Roberts?

The

For me, there are some players who would not put up with Kean's bullshit and toe the line. Such players were soon the subject of rumours about bad attitudes and refusing to play (wonder where they started?).

Much like Samba (and others), Givet gets a free pass for any issues during the VenKean era. They destroyed something inside a large percentage of Rovers fans (there are still some who won't come back for that reason), isn't it probable they destroyed something inside half the players? (I could include Nelsen, Diouf, N'Zonzi, Hoilett, Emerton, Salgado, Roberts, Robinson in that list too).

Remember, for a long time, it looked like Kean would not be sacked no matter how badly we did or how many relegations we suffered. That's pretty soul destroying stuff.

Wow Stuart. You're really going to use Samba as an example of a misrepresented character? Behave yourself!

I don't care how you want to spin it. Yes the players were clearly unhappy with goings on at the club but there are ways and means to express that. Salgado, Emerton and Nelsen acted with a touch of dignity. But im afraid that isn't something which the likes of Samba and Givet possess.

I'm still amazed that some fans sympathise with that sort of behaviour from players who are happy to take home tens of thousands a week. Those poor poor sods. That attitude and those actions would literally not be tolerated by any other profession in the world.

Obviously you want the best value, but inflated wages are just part and parcel of the modern game. We have a go at the players but all of us would be the same, ie get the most money you can while you can.

In terms of attitude, players like Nelsen are rare breeds, most players are a holes!

Key is having a manager who can handle it hence why man management key trait for good managers...

Well, wages and attitude aside, what we've lost is two players who were quality for us in the premiership, and have played at a standard many of our current team can only dream of.

Those eager to see both Peds and Givet shifted will point out bad attitude, poor form, not fitting in or needed... but a certain top manager we had before Venkys crashed the party had both men down as first team regulars. Big Sam found uses for both players in what was a top 10 premier league team. In light of that all this not good enough/unmanageable/don't fit the system doesn't wash. The problem is rookie managers, poor tactics, turmoil off the field and bad man-management. A good manager would have made both of these guys assets in a promotion push.

Which is why one has gone to Turkey, and the other has joined a French 2nd division side?

Allardyce was here three years ago. That's a long time in football.

In a pre-season match at Kilmarnock a few seasons ago Givet had words with Dunn. The next thing Givet is motioning to the bench that he wanted to come off. Not because he was injured but because him and Dunn had a fall out. We didn't see him for few weeks after that and we were absolutely desperate for centre halves. That little episode told me so much about Givet.

In a pre-season match at Kilmarnock a few seasons ago Givet had words with Dunn. The next thing Givet is motioning to the bench that he wanted to come off. Not because he was injured but because him and Dunn had a fall out. We didn't see him for few weeks after that and we were absolutely desperate for centre halves. That little episode told me so much about Givet.

The main thing being he is French

Wow Stuart. You're really going to use Samba as an example of a misrepresented character? Behave yourself!

I don't care how you want to spin it. Yes the players were clearly unhappy with goings on at the club but there are ways and means to express that. Salgado, Emerton and Nelsen acted with a touch of dignity. But im afraid that isn't something which the likes of Samba and Givet possess.

I'm still amazed that some fans sympathise with that sort of behaviour from players who are happy to take home tens of thousands a week. Those poor poor sods. That attitude and those actions would literally not be tolerated by any other profession in the world.

For me it's a fairly even playing field at PL in terms of wages so if the money is a deciding factor I suggest you stop watching football at this level and stick to amateur clubs.

Take the money out of it and you still have human beings who can be injured, fatigued, insulted, and humiliated. And lied about. (Unless you are privvy to what Samba was thinking and doing at that time? :unsure:)

Samba, Givet, Nelsen amongst others must have looked at Kean as manager and wondered what the hell was going on.

You are going to pretend that life under Kean was normal for a professional football club? Behave yourself, yourself.

Obviously you want the best value, but inflated wages are just part and parcel of the modern game. We have a go at the players but all of us would be the same, ie get the most money you can while you can.

In terms of attitude, players like Nelsen are rare breeds, most players are a holes!

Key is having a manager who can handle it hence why man management key trait for good managers...

Surely most players will be guided by their agents.

Which is why one has gone to Turkey, and the other has joined a French 2nd division side?Allardyce was here three years ago. That's a long time in football.

Blue bloods point was that we have sold an entire squad of very good players and replaced them with players who will never achieve that level of performance. How can anyone argue against that?

What's you verdict on Givets performance against Huddersfield earlier this year?

For me it's a fairly even playing field at PL in terms of wages so if the money is a deciding factor I suggest you stop watching football at this level and stick to amateur clubs.

Take the money out of it and you still have human beings who can be injured, fatigued, insulted, and humiliated. And lied about. (Unless you are privvy to what Samba was thinking and doing at that time? :unsure:)

Samba, Givet, Nelsen amongst others must have looked at Kean as manager and wondered what the hell was going on.

You are going to pretend that life under Kean was normal for a professional football club? Behave yourself, yourself.

No idea what the level playing field in terms if wages has to do with anything. I wasnt suggesting that Givet was on any more or less than anyone else. Just that he was well paid and treated the clubs fans with contempt by refusing to play etc....

No I'm not saying life was normal under Kean. Far from it. But thr vast majority if thr squad managed to retain some dignity and treat fans with respect.

Oh and the next time I'm at work and watch my boss make a decision which I think is detrimental to me or the business I'll be sure to tell him I'm only human and ive got feelings and frustrations which is why I'll be taking the rest of the week off.

His behaviour just doesn't wash with me. And I suspect im not alone. Hence why the club weren't inundated with offers for him.

Anyway, you've got your point if view and so have I. Neither will change so I suppose its in the interest of the thread to move on.

Blue bloods point was that we have sold an entire squad of very good players and replaced them with players who will never achieve that level of performance. How can anyone argue against that?

What's you verdict on Givets performance against Huddersfield earlier this year?

I'd say Givet was excellent against Huddersfield earlier in the year, but I'd say he was extremely poor against Blackpool away when he played before that. I'd say Amarillo's point is people seem to remember Givet and Pedersen from 3 years ago when basing opinions when in reality they haven't (like many others) been in good form for a few years.

I can't comment, Den. But I did see him against Carlisle, and if that was his attempt to stake a first-team place or put himself in the shop window, then it's no wonder he's joined the French lower league.

No idea what the level playing field in terms if wages has to do with anything. I wasnt suggesting that Givet was on any more or less than anyone else. Just that he was well paid and treated the clubs fans with contempt by refusing to play etc....

No I'm not saying life was normal under Kean. Far from it. But thr vast majority if thr squad managed to retain some dignity and treat fans with respect.

Oh and the next time I'm at work and watch my boss make a decision which I think is detrimental to me or the business I'll be sure to tell him I'm only human and ive got feelings and frustrations which is why I'll be taking the rest of the week off.

His behaviour just doesn't wash with me. And I suspect im not alone. Hence why the club weren't inundated with offers for him.

Anyway, you've got your point if view and so have I. Neither will change so I suppose its in the interest of the thread to move on.

Your final paragraph is probably right but just by way of explanation, since my point obviously wasn't clear...

The wages within all PL clubs are pretty similar so it's not so simple as saying that the money should mean they just suck it up and get on with it.

If they can see a player at another club on the same amount of money being managed properly by a proper manager, and then look at who is in charge of them (someone who is not only @#/? but is "unsackable") they are going to get pretty frustrated, maybe even disillusioned. Plenty of players did.

To illustrate my point, next time you are at work (for the sake of argument you are very well paid in your field) and your boss (who for the sake of argument is a great bloke who is good at his job) is replaced by some numpty who cleans the toilet but who is mates with the owner, and who is absolutely @#/? at his new job, and talks @#/?, and blames everyone else (including you) for his failings, please make sure that your performance doesn't drop by a single percent. Oh and don't look for another job, or complain, or look unhappy. Just suck it up and get on with it.

After all you are being paid.

For what it's worth I think Givet has been pretty dignified throughout this troubled period. But he's gone now and you are right, we should move on too.

You're a poster whose opinion I respect so I don't want to fall out with you but we clearly are miles apart on this one. Still happy to buy you that pint though, next time you get over for a match! :)

Your final paragraph is probably right but just by way of explanation, since my point obviously wasn't clear...

The wages within all PL clubs are pretty similar so it's not so simple as saying that the money should mean they just suck it up and get on with it.

If they can see a player at another club on the same amount of money being managed properly by a proper manager, and then look at who is in charge of them (someone who is not only kean but is "unsackable") they are going to get pretty frustrated, maybe even disillusioned. Plenty of players did.

To illustrate my point, next time you are at work (for the sake of argument you are very well paid in your field) and your boss (who for the sake of argument is a great bloke who is good at his job) is replaced by some numpty who cleans the toilet but who is mates with the owner, and who is absolutely kean at his new job, and talks keans, and blames everyone else (including you) for his failings, please make sure that your performance doesn't drop by a single percent. Oh and don't look for another job, or complain, or look unhappy. Just suck it up and get on with it.

After all you are being paid.

For what it's worth I think Givet has been pretty dignified throughout this troubled period. But he's gone now and you are right, we should move on too.

You're a poster whose opinion I respect so I don't want to fall out with you but we clearly are miles apart on this one. Still happy to buy you that pint though, next time you get over for a match! :)

Same goes for me Stu. I would like to reply (especially the work scenario) but it would only continue the cycle and we'd only end up where we currently are anyway. So I shall graciously bow out of this one.

But thats not an admission of defeat!!!!! :-)

Part of the reason that Givet left Marseille was that he fell out with the management at the time. He's clearly not the easiest of characters and I don't think he handled himself particularly well during his final 18 months or so with us. I can understand players being unhappy with the way that they are treated or frustrated by a lack of first team opportunities, but no player should ever refuse to play or make himself unavailable for selection unless there are seriously unpleasant things going on at the club or behind the scenes.

Am I right in saying that only Robbo and Dunn remain from Sams 1st team squad when Venky's took over?

And yesterday I think only Dann, Rhodes and Best were signings made by the imposter who were playing or on the bench (and we could potentially lose some of them before Monday is out). What a remarkable turn around in less than a year and proof of what a total shyster the man is.

And yesterday I think only Dann, Rhodes and Best were signings made by the imposter who were playing or on the bench (and we could potentially lose some of them before Monday is out). What a remarkable turn around in less than a year and proof of what a total shyster the man is.

An unbelievable two hat!

GB is doing a great job in righting so many wrongs.

Exactly! You are not alone.

Some people give themselves permission to behave badly. Others don't.

Sure, life was crap under Kean, but Givet and Samba both had personal responsibility to earn rather then steal the megabucks that BRFC was putting into their bank accounts.

All the direct quotes I ever read from Givet and Samba could be summed up by the phrase," Oh Poor Me!"...

Don't worry, I haven't forgotten who really brought the club to its knees, though. Also, I can't block the feeling that things are getting much better.

Let's just hope that Venky's don't bring it all crashing down again in the next few hours!

Wonder if we are planning to pay off the remainder of Kean's deadwood now the window has closed. Unless we can ship Ribeiro, Olsson, Jorge..etc out on loan I reckon we'd be better getting them out of the club rather than them hanging around. If Venkys are prepared to fund this it would be better to get it done before FFP is in place because we'll be £10M worse off next year before we start and won't be able to aford any pasengers.

Wonder if we are planning to pay off the remainder of Kean's deadwood now the window has closed. Unless we can ship Ribeiro, Olsson, Jorge..etc out on loan I reckon we'd be better getting them out of the club rather than them hanging around. If Venkys are prepared to fund this it would be better to get it done before FFP is in place because we'll be £10M worse off next year before we start and won't be able to aford any pasengers.

You mean 50m better off after we're promoted!

Without promotion then that will happen in the summer because there'll be no choice i don't think. The big sales will come and the money be go straight out in paying anyone and everyone off probably. Another golden time for the agents etc :(

Without promotion then that will happen in the summer because there'll be no choice i don't think. The big sales will come and the money be go straight out in paying anyone and everyone off probably. Another golden time for the agents etc :(

There's still 117? Points to play for. We could quite easily go up or finish nowhere. Too early to say.

As far as the clear out goes there's probably only Rhodes, Etuhu and Robinson left on huge wages.

Rhodes is worth every penny, if (and it's a big if) Robinson can get back to full mobility and fitness he could be an important player in the second half of the season. Etuhu will have to up his game considerably if he wants to feature judging by Saturday but generally the clearout's gone reasonably well.

Edit: 123 points left to play for. Can't add up.

Archived