BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Clearout begins at Rovers

The kid we loaned to Bury, Forrester scored a tidy goal today. He looks like he might have the physique to make a career for himself. If he proves to be a natural goal scorer he might suddenly look like a shrewd piece of business.

I totally agree PV, he's definitely one to watch for the future. Problem with all the kids these days, it's what's between their ears that really is the all important defining quality.

On that score the jury's out.

Nowt wrong with that - enjoy ! Also, some nice spicy reds from that region.

I agree but gives me gout!

I've a bloody cellar full

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pains me to say it but Rhodes joined us because he thought we were PL bound and the wages were good !

I think he's a pretty intelligent guy and will realise that either Bolton or Wigan will get there before we do !

As far the fee, hopefully, the rupee will drop with our supporters very soon and they will realise that Rovers are, IMO, 'boracic lint' and very soon it will be 'bargain sale time'.

Wigan possibly - Bolton are in the same financial trouble as us, will suffer the same drop in income if not promoted - and are currently lower in the table. As far as our finances are concerned - yes we have issues with FFP - which are well documented - what nobody knows outside Pune is how far the Venky's will bank roll us. Yes there are limits under FFP as to how much they can - but there are also loop holes around development etc.

Interesting that Rhodes odds now collapsed to just evens to join Wigan !

Whelan is an old fox and I think he would love to put one over on the Venky's.

No smoke without fire.

Coyley or wee Dougie - Jordan, make your mind up time.

That corresponds with a rumour that was doing the rounds in JW upper just after half time today.

Rhodes to Wigan for 10m by Tuesday.

I hope and suspect it's a load of old cobblers, Whelan's too tight, but if we sell Rhodes to a direct rival that would be it for me.

Wigan possibly - Bolton are in the same financial trouble as us, will suffer the same drop in income if not promoted - and are currently lower in the table. As far as our finances are concerned - yes we have issues with FFP - which are well documented - what nobody knows outside Pune is how far the Venky's will bank roll us. Yes there are limits under FFP as to how much they can - but there are also loop holes around development etc.

You only need to look at Rovers' actions over recent months to realise that we are, IMO, financially hamstrung.

Forget all about FFP - I think it's a red herring and there are ways around it.

Bottom line is that, IMO, we haven't a pot to p1ss in and an agency such as DBRS would rate us at D & D !

That corresponds with a rumour that was doing the rounds in JW upper just after half time today.

I hope and suspect it's a load of old cobblers, Whelan's too tight, but if we sell Rhodes to a direct rival that would be it for me.

I agree that I doubt Whelan would spend that amount of money - but why would selling to a direct rival be it for you ? Even in Jack's day we sold to our rivals - so why should now be different ? If they are prepared to pay £10m - it will represent a small profit for Rovers - and the chance to sort our finances out. As for the impact on the team - will all depend on how much money GB is allowed - and of course whether he spends well. Even after his two goals today - still think there is a possibility that selling Rhodes will actual help the team pattern and subsequently our chances in the league (but admit it would represent a gamble).

Whelan's savvy, he knows that Rhodes' goals could just be the difference !

Huge, huge monies to be gained if Wigan promoted at first attempt.

You only need to look at Rovers' actions over recent months to realise that we are, IMO, financially hamstrung.

Forget all about FFP - I think it's a red herring and there are ways around it.

Bottom line is that, IMO, we haven't a pot to p1ss in and some agency such as DBRS would rate us at D & D !

Nobody outside Pune - including yourself and Nicko - knows how far Venky's will bank roll their "baby". As you said - this is just "your opinion" - not based on insider information from Pune which in reality is the only thing that counts at this moment in time (btw - not saying you are wrong - just that the truth is nobody knows)

Nobody outside Pune - including yourself and Nicko - knows how far Venky's will bank roll their "baby". As you said - this is just "your opinion" - not based on insider information from Pune which in reality is the only thing that counts at this moment in time (btw - not saying you are wrong - just that the truth is nobody knows)

Hey, not saying I have 'insider information' but as I have said on a number of occasions recently, no longer going down the route of stating what my opinions are based upon.

I still don't think there'll be anything in it it's probably the bookies catching a whiff of the rumour and overcompensating accordingly.

I don 't think we'd stand in Rhodes way if a Prem Club came in and he wanted to go. On the other hand I don't think we'd consider selling to a Championship rival at this stage of the season.

Supposedly a story about Rhodes in the Sunday people. Nicko replied to one Rovers fan and said "don't jump to conclusions" when the fan said it doesn't sound like good news for Rovers. Could be that we want to offer him a new deal.

We won't sell for less than £10m I don't believe. A championship club won't pay that and I'm not convinced a prem club would either. If they do, then I'd snap up beccio and sharp. Beccio could easily get 30 goals and be a good replacement for Rhodes if he goes.

I still don't think there'll be anything in it it's probably the bookies catching a whiff of the rumour and overcompensating accordingly.

I don 't think we'd stand in Rhodes way if a Prem Club came in and he wanted to go. On the other hand I don't think we'd consider selling to a Championship rival at this stage of the season.

Under normal circumstances, would agree, however, I don't think our financial circumstances are normal !

Interesting that Rhodes odds now collapsed to just evens to join Wigan !

Whelan is an old fox and I think he would love to put one over on the Venky's.

No smoke without fire.

Coyley or wee Dougie - Jordan, make your mind up time.

What's wrong - you thought people might be enjoying today's win too much that you decided to do some Mercer-style scaremongering?

What's wrong - you thought people might be enjoying today's win too much that you decided to do some Mercer-style scaremongering?

Not at all !

I am enjoying today's win. Had a great BBQ and the wine is flowing. Having said that, we are where we are and, unfortunately, the window is an obvious threat to us keeping the couple of key players that we have.

I don't think we'll sell Rhodes. As Mercerman has said, there's a lot of money riding on promotion. But it's for that very reason I disagree with him about Rhodes. As I believe Venkys want the PL money, they won't be selling a proven Championship goal scorer on the cheap.

I predict we'll get promoted this season.

Before you order the van with square wheels and tin windows, my rationale is:

Venkys want to get back to the intended gravy train of The Premier League.

Venkys may just have realised the errors of their previous ways

The whys and wherefors of FFP are still open to debate

Keep your powder dry because after all there are 2 transfer windows in a season. Spend little initially and see how we do until Jan. if recent seasons are anything to go by, a charge can be made from January after the competition have already shot their load.

Not saying that's how it is but surely it's feasible?...

• Backroom

The thing to remember in regards to Rhodes is that we have him on some monster wages for this division. Any club that wants him not only has to pay what is likely to be a hefty transfer fee of £8M+, but will also have to shell out a sum that is way above Championship average on wages too.

The thing to remember in regards to Rhodes is that we have him on some monster wages for this division. Any club that wants him not only has to pay what is likely to be a hefty transfer fee of £8M+, but will also have to shell out a sum that is way above Championship average on wages too.

There's still a Burtons in Sarlat DE, even though they're a thing of the past in UK.

To coin the old phrase, I'll show my arse in Burtons window, if Rhodes is sold to a Championship rival before 2 September.

I don't expect to be revealing my white bits!

They are above us and in no danger of bankruptcy.

Is that really saying much?

As for bankruptcy, they don't spend anything on the club that's why. It won't last forever when they are giving away £10m winnings to ex-chairmen.

I predict we'll get promoted this season.

Before you order the van with square wheels and tin windows, my rationale is:

Venkys want to get back to the intended gravy train of The Premier League.

Venkys may just have realised the errors of their previous ways

The whys and wherefors of FFP are still open to debate

Keep your powder dry because after all there are 2 transfer windows in a season. Spend little initially and see how we do until Jan. if recent seasons are anything to go by, a charge can be made from January after the competition have already shot their load.

Not saying that's how it is but surely it's feasible?...

You're in cuckoo land ...................see a doctor asap.

Rhodes won't be joining Bolton or Wigan.

You can add it to the same pile as Sheff Wed going up last year, and Venky's selling up in pre-season.

If this were a cheap police drama then the starring detective would conclude that the ramblings of a man who readily admits to being a compulsive gambler and binge drinker are essentially works of fiction driven by paranoia and need for attention.

However this is not a cheap police detective drama and I happen to love Mercerman. So stick that in your pipe and smoke it you cynical specimen Toppers.

Really?

You think Whelan will spend £8m+ and huge wages for Rhodes?

Is this the same penny-pinching wheeler-dealer Dave Whelan we all know and love?

He's not in the habit of splashing the cash very often.

January 2004 23px-Flag_of_Grenada.svg.png Jason Roberts West Bromwich Albion £2,000,000

August 2005 23px-Flag_of_Senegal.svg.png Henri Camara Wolverhampton Wanderers £3,000,000

July 2006 23px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Emile Heskey Birmingham City £5,500,000

January 2009 23px-Flag_of_France.svg.png Charles N'Zogbia Newcastle United £7,000,000

Not at all !

I am enjoying today's win. Had a great BBQ and the wine is flowing. Having said that, we are where we are and, unfortunately, the window is an obvious threat to us keeping the couple of key players that we have.

Did you actually go to the match today Merce?

Or was it just wine club with wee dougie and wee Sean and wee cock nose? Cause from where I'm sat ! And I'll chuck another one of those in now ! For intent, you don't actually support our team do you ? ! !

But Mein Gott! The drama !

You know about as much as I do about Rovers and the transfer window. Feck all.

If this were a cheap police drama then the starring detective would conclude that the ramblings of a man who readily admits to being a compulsive gambler and binge drinker are essentially works of fiction driven by paranoia and need for attention.

However this is not a cheap police detective drama and I happen to love Mercerman. So stick that in your pipe and smoke it you cynical specimen Toppers.

:lol:

Touché.

Archived