BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Clearout begins at Rovers

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Say what you want about Nicko but, I think he's well informed.

The stuff about Rosado, if correct and I wouldn't bet against it, is staggering and ridiculous.

And some supporters wonder why we have financial problems.

Alan Nixon @reluctantnicko Protected account 12m

@mozrover Looking about for strikers. MGP will have had money to go. Rosado pay-off ridiculous ...

Alan Nixon @reluctantnicko Protected account 5m

@imy1875 @mozrover Not a kick in the arse off 1m

OK rob :blink: ............ So who is Paulo Jorge and what does he look and what position does he play then?

He sits on the Reserve team bench rubbing his hands at stealing a living. He sometimes ventures out onto the pitch at half time to see if he can muster the energy to kick a football :)

Where are you getting the 10K a week from? If so utterly criminal, flabbergastingly bad. With contracts like that we need the whole portu-fakes out of the club asap.

Think it was mentioned a while back that all these Portugese came in on 10k pw. Agents are still running this club! i just wonder how much of all this money flying out of the club ends up in a Venky back pocket :(

Think it was mentioned a while back that all these Portugese came in on 10k pw. Agents are still running this club! i just wonder how much of all this money flying out of the club ends up in a Venky back pocket :(

I'm in the wrong line of work and don't know the right - or more likely wrong sort of - people.

Struggling to see how they got those ludicrous deals even with Shebby pushing them through - surely the CEO, finance person, tea lady could've seen they were suicidal contracts and said something.

I'm in the wrong line of work and don't know the right - or more likely wrong sort of - people.

Struggling to see how they got those ludicrous deals even with Shebby pushing them through - surely the CEO, finance person, tea lady could've seen they were suicidal contracts and said something.

I suppose he could have said they would be replacing players on 20/30k pw soon and got away with it that way. Then again it could be a way of bleeding money out of the club for someone high up,who knows how much these players do actually end up with. All very murky.

I think someone says this means we've probably paid half his contract up. If he had 2 years to go and was on £10K a week that would have cost somewhere around £500,000. That must be our gate money for about 5 or 6 home games. Gravy train rolls on.

Not saying that rumours of pay offs are correct but if he was on 10 k p.w. and we paid off half that would cost 250k.

Not saying that rumours of pay offs are correct but if he was on 10 k p.w. and we paid off half that would cost 250k.

Depends on remaining length of contract.

All and sundry seem to get 3 or 4 years these days eg Etuhu, Judge, Marrow etc.

Utter madness I think.

Pleased to see Rosado leave. shouldn't have been signed in the first place. not suited to this league. simple as. another signing by a certain Global advisor

Good luck to him.

Don't think he needs too much luck after supposedly pocketing close on £1million.

Rasado was never given a chance really ... Got caught up in all the politics at the club..........

The Huddersfield game keeps being mentioned but which player doesn't make a few mistakes...

Find it hard that the people in charge are blinded to the constant mistakes of Lowe yet all around him people are being pushed out......

Lowe .Morris . Ollson have Alll been given chance after chance yet still here.......

Don't pretend to know anything about any alleged politics behind the scenes but I think this is a very good post. I can't understand how players who fairly obviously have no ability like Lowe and Marcus are picked time and time again yet other players with technical ability like Nunes and Rosado who'd probably need game time to adjust to the pace of the English Leagues can't even get a look in.

Are you trying to make any sort of actual point with this post or is it just yet another completely gratuitous swipe at me?

You needn't bother really. That's jim's job.

I'll make way then. Btw, it was a serious question. I've never seen the guy, but that in itself tells me that our last 5 (can't keep count nowadays) managers, all struggling to turn us into a winning side didn't see him as good enough to compete with our crap midfield. Says it all really.

So did you rate him Rev?

It does seem strange that the likes of Benfica can see something in him and we couldn't. I'd have thought that given Rochina's injury, it might have given the lad a chance to stake a claim. Let him do his flash stuff behind Rhodes and not worry about silly back passes and boring things like tackling. Still, not to be. Can't say i'll lose too much sleep over it.

Could be wrong, but don't a lot of the top clubs in Portugal and Spain have massive youth set-ups, literally with 100's of players on the books, and lending players to the smaller clubs? Also, players seem to be kept on to a higher age than in the UK, in order to fully develop.

• Backroom

I don't recall ever seeing Rosado live and as I mentioned the only thing I remember of him is his Derbyshire moment at Huddersfield

I do think Nunes looks better than Olsson though and is always behind him in the pecking order

Say what you want about Nicko but, I think he's well informed.

The stuff about Rosado, if correct and I wouldn't bet against it, is staggering and ridiculous.

And some supporters wonder why we have financial problems.

Alan Nixon ‏@reluctantnicko Protected account 12m

@mozrover Looking about for strikers. MGP will have had money to go. Rosado pay-off ridiculous ...

Alan Nixon ‏@reluctantnicko Protected account 5m

@imy1875 @mozrover Not a kick in the arse off 1m

Nixon certainly has very good communication links to the agents involved at Rovers very good links.

Was rosado the one who played at Boro last Boxing Day? He was kean. Clueless. A luxury with no end product. Strange how we had to pay him up, again. A lot of that going on in the next week I'd imagine.

If it was him at Boro he was worse than useless. I was at the game but wasn't Singh doing co-commentary on Radio Lancs and talked him up at every opportunity. That and what I saw was enough for me to say we are well shut.

I'll make way then. Btw, it was a serious question. I've never seen the guy, but that in itself tells me that our last 5 (can't keep count nowadays) managers, all struggling to turn us into a winning side didn't see him as good enough to compete with our crap midfield. Says it all really.

So did you rate him Rev?

All I'd heard about him was negative stuff then when he came on against Everton (Ok it was only a friendly) I thought he looked very useful indeed. I posted the other day that I didn't know if he was the answer to our prayers etc but I'd like to have seen more of him.

As I understand it you rated MGP and 5 managers didn't pick him much either last season and now he's also been allowed to leave. You may feel he hasn't been given a fair crack of the whip this season. I'd disagree as you probably would with me about the 2 Portugese players. Can't see it proves anything.

Was rosado the one who played at Boro last Boxing Day? He was kean. Clueless. A luxury with no end product. Strange how we had to pay him up, again. A lot of that going on in the next week I'd imagine.

I think you're right, Bob.

In the interests of "fair play" (i.e. complying with FFP), we are going to have to spunk a load of money at @#/?-poor players to buy out their contracts because we won't be allowed to pay them from next season.

The question in my mind is, where is this money coming from? Venkys cash or mortgaged parachute payments? In either case, it leaves a lot of questions.

If it was him at Boro he was worse than useless. I was at the game but wasn't Singh doing co-commentary on Radio Lancs and talked him up at every opportunity. That and what I saw was enough for me to say we are well shut.

It was him, can't think which anyone of the other useless Portugeezers on big money contracts it will have been playing central mid. As jim wilkinson pointed out on twitter today (well worth a follow btw v entertaining) I think you're right about Singh's comments. After Kean came Singh. Good God.

What bad luck we've had, poor Venkys.

Archived