BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Clearout begins at Rovers

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One thing is for sure...signing a load of "dead certs" isn't the right thing to do either! After all any team with Dann, Ollson, Robinson, Etuhu, Murphy, Rhodes and best had to go up...NOT!!

I'm not saying it will work but we have to give GB time. The signings have been solid but inexpensive and he is obviously choosing people they've worked with because he wants the right characters in the dressing room...there's a lot to be said for the devil you know!!

Going forward, he has to start casting his net further a field and buying ypung talented proven players such as cresswell from Ipswich or Chris woods from Leicester but for now I'm happy for GB to go for what he knows..

I do however believe that it is vitally important that assuming we do lose Robbo, Dann, Ollson, Murphy, Etuhu, peds and Rochina along with CKR and Bentley we NEED to reinvest in some actual ready made quality...like Spearing, Kevin Doyle maybe adomah or Ben Marshall or nick Powell

A big month and a half for GB. If he can get rid, and then add some proven quality to the solid signings he's made then there's no reason we cannot push for promotion. To not buy/loan the quality I have spoken about will leave us in mid table...

he is obviously choosing people they've worked with because he wants the right characters in the dressing room...there's a lot to be said for the devil you know!!

Or, when the whole thing goes tits up, he's got a dressing room just happy to be there.....no dissenting voices etc....maybe he is feathering his nest for the inevitable sacking in 6 months.

If you think the key reason we got relegated and struggled last year was simply because a few players left then you must need the same kind of help that I do :P

We replaced players of quality and character with unambitious, disinterested dross. Sure we had poor management to boot but most clubs who are low-mid table and who sell their best (and strongest character wise) 1st team players will end up a division or two down. I'm quite suprised that you purport not to be able to see it.

One thing is for sure...signing a load of "dead certs" isn't the right thing to do either! After all any team with Dann, Ollson, Robinson, Etuhu, Murphy, Rhodes and best had to go up...NOT!!

Correct Mani. Not many of that lot will ever play as 1st choice in the Prem again imo. In fact I can't think that any of them apart from possibly Rhodes would have got anywhere near our promoted team in 2000. If we can pot any of those, Rodes excepted, it will be a bloody God send!

We replaced players of quality and character with unambitious, disinterested dross. Sure we had poor management to boot but most clubs who are low-mid table and who sell their best (and strongest character wise) 1st team players will end up a division or two down. I'm quite suprised that you purport not to be able to see it.

See what?

On reflection surprised we only got 2.5m for olsson. Young international with prem experience and I'm pretty sure he had a few years left on his contract. There wasn't a clause in there or anything was there?

Why was being touted around??? He wanted out because of Kean, Jones and his agent made the first moves because of him. How do you think they knew about the clause?

Because Big Sam rang his mate Ferguson and told him. His way of getting back at Kean and the Venkys.

• Backroom

On reflection surprised we only got 2.5m for olsson. Young international with prem experience and I'm pretty sure he had a few years left on his contract. There wasn't a clause in there or anything was there?

No, he's just vastly overrated by most people on here. £2.5/£3M is about what I'd expect for a left-back who is fast but can't really tackle or cross. His being an international is a moot point because he plays for Sweden and basically has no competition for that spot.

No, he's just vastly overrated by most people on here. £2.5/£3M is about what I'd expect for a left-back who is fast but can't really tackle or cross. His being an international is a moot point because he plays for Sweden and basically has no competition for that spot.

+10

I think that's the 4th time I've seen you make that identical point Abbey.

What was your view of Andrews? Take it you believe him to be a top player as he was purchased by a prem team. Ade Akinbiyi once cost over £5m when bought by a prem team, does that mean that he's a very good player according to your logic?

My personal view, for what it's worth. Martin Olsson is a decent left back, personally think he's better on the wing as he's not always so good definsively. I think he's been a good servant to the club, however it was clear last year that he wanted to go. It was clear before the season started and it was clear throughout the season. Are we better off recouping some money and clearing a higher earner off the wage bill if he doesn't want to be here?? My view is that we probably are.

Overrated enough to join a premier team.

I think that's the 4th time I've seen you make that identical point Abbey.

What was your view of Andrews? Take it you believe him to be a top player as he was purchased by a prem team. Ade Akinbiyi once cost over £5m when bought by a prem team, does that mean that he's a very good player according to your logic?

Was about to type the same. I don't understand the point. Olsson is a known entity with Prem experience, and a full international. Yet he isn't interested in a Championship slog hence him leaving.

Can't argue with that. As you said before, the downgrading started with Venky's and Kean.

I am old enough to remember Alf Thornton's reflections on our previous loss of top flight status. He was always saying that relegation was the price of selling good players and replacing them with lesser ones.

I just don't know enough about what really happened. I could only look on from the stands.It seemed that Samba downed tools and wanted away -even before Venky's. P.Jones' exit was particularly disappointing for all sorts of reasons, not least the cut price. Emerton I only understood later in the context of Salgado/Nelsen etc.

Unlike the 60's situation described by Alf Thornton,where we had to sell to survive economically, the 2010 Rovers was dismantled...to make money in the short term for.Anderson, Kean et al....only to cost BRFC millions through relegation. It really was too hard to bear...but I need to move on.

Does moving on mean I have to accept the unacceptable?...BRFC appears to have been betrayed from within, as well as abused by carpetbaggers( politest term I can think of)

Nevertheless, it still seems possible to put together a much better team than we saw last season. Early signs are mixed, but more good than bad, I would say. The next few weeks will show us...but how many Venky's transfer windows have we said that about?

Remember, it's the hope that hurts...

Kean was a disaster and Samba signed how many contracts before leaving was it two? one was even a rumoured record breaker for us.

He signed a new contract in Feb 2011... while Kean was running the show, and after his little bitch about Allardyce leaving.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1352852/Chris-Samba-does-U-turn-signs-new-Blackburn-deal-2015.html

The guy was just another Lucash Neil who used the situation at the club for his own advantage. I think that was proven when his 'next step' was to some unpronounceable Russian club who offered him £100,000 a week.

• Backroom

He signed a new contract in Feb 2011... while Kean was running the show, and after his little bitch about Allardyce leaving.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1352852/Chris-Samba-does-U-turn-signs-new-Blackburn-deal-2015.html

The guy was just another Lucash Neil who used the situation at the club for his own advantage. I think that was proven when his 'next step' was to some unpronounceable Russian club who offered him £100,000 a week.

Agree with Topman on this one TBH. samba was acting like a dick wayyyy before Kean became manager. I can remember being furious with him during Allardyce's tenure a couple of times - phantom injuries, mainly.

Can't be denied the guy was an excellent defender for us and was replaced by inferior players, but doesn't make him any less of a bellend.

Kinell! We moved out two Jones's a Samba and a Hoilett ............. and we got relegated. There is a feeling of deja vu about these ins and outs.

Jones, Rochina and Olsson came from the better half of our squad. [/quot

Funny, QPR gained a Hoilett and a Samba, and got relegated

Kinell! We moved out two Jones's a Samba and a Hoilett ............. and we got relegated. There is a feeling of deja vu about these ins and outs.

Jones, Rochina and Olsson came from the better half of our squad. [/quot

Funny, QPR gained a Hoilett and a Samba, and got relegated

success breeds success

RAR (Rhodes and Rochina) like SAS (Shearer and Sutton)

Except one stands for an elite squadron of men with combat skills so honed they could take you down with a sneeze and the other sounds like the noise a gay lion might make. But I take your point neophox.

Agree with Topman on this one TBH. samba was acting like a dick wayyyy before Kean became manager. I can remember being furious with him during Allardyce's tenure a couple of times - phantom injuries, mainly.

Can't be denied the guy was an excellent defender for us and was replaced by inferior players, but doesn't make him any less of a bellend.

Spot on. Yet some on here had him as the Anti Venkys/Kean/Anderson resistance poster boy. Deluded doesn't cover it.

Archived