BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Clearout begins at Rovers

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Viduka, Jelavic and Steven Fletcher are the only recent ones to have made an impact in the Prem that I can think of. Jelavic looks to have suffered from second season syndrome but he's still a decent player.

Thanks. All I could think of were the ones who flopped. But there isn't a mass of players making the grade as they come south.

It's Glasgow, I think it's considered a shock if you don't have a fight there on a night out. (I've never been mind.)

Im from Glasgow.. and was shocked to read the forum rules.. no abuse or text spelling :o lol

Sensible, he probably won't get a sniff at Rovers considering the amount of strikers already competing for a single spot.

Agree, it's best off if we loan all our youngsters out who got minutes last night as they wo t be near the squad come the opening day at derby an reserve team football is no good for their development

Same old Ruben.

Gave the ball away too much, got caught in possession too much although he showed some deft touches and played a few cracking passes.

You can't make an omelette without cracking a few eggs. OR 'who dares wins'. Both might apply to Rochina's foibles.

• Backroom

You can't make an omelette without cracking a few eggs. OR 'who dares wins'. Both might apply to Rochina's foibles.

Oo, sounds a bit painful *crosses legs*

Totally agree. I remember a little spell for about a year or 2 when his legs were really starting to go and before imminent retirement affection started to take effect that Tugay seemed to be getting quite a bit of stick from the terraces for misplaced passes. Its a pretty solid fact in football that the passes most likely to achieve something are the ones least likely to come off. A great number of fans seem to ignore this or not realise it in terms of dishing out moans and groans. Rochina should give the ball away more than say Lowe because its his job to create/score goals which requires a much higher element of risk than knocking it around on the halfway line. Maybe his choice selection still needs refining, but the worst thing that could happen is if he loses his confidence and ambition to try risky things.

Totally agree. I remember a little spell for about a year or 2 when his legs were really starting to go and before imminent retirement affection started to take effect that Tugay seemed to be getting quite a bit of stick from the terraces for misplaced passes. Its a pretty solid fact in football that the passes most likely to achieve something are the ones least likely to come off. A great number of fans seem to ignore this or not realise it in terms of dishing out moans and groans. Rochina should give the ball away more than say Lowe because its his job to create/score goals which requires a much higher element of risk than knocking it around on the halfway line. Maybe his choice selection still needs refining, but the worst thing that could happen is if he loses his confidence and ambition to try risky things.

For me it is the extra 2 seconds he takes with most decisions he makes on a football pitch. He has all the technique in the world, he can pass, shoot, beat players and is quite a strong lad.

Unfortunately, snap decisions and anticipation of a move are his downfall. He will surely get away with it a lot more at this level, and I think someone of his talent would be useful this season. I wouldn't be to upset if he was replaced - but we currently do not have player of his creative ilk.

If we can keep hold of him, screw his head down to the english style and if he works hard and gains experience - We could have a worldie in a few years. (I stress "if" and "could")

Correct. The key is to try the 'extraordinary' stuff in and around the final third of the pitch and never in your own half. Shanks and later Paisley built a dynasty by following that simple mantra at Liverpool.

You can tell you didn't see the game at Crewe

Well no but as one of our first pre-season games the game at Crewe carries about 2% of the importance of a league game. In terms of his expected impact for next season, I wouldn't read anything into Crewe, regarding him or any other player.

I can't understand anyone who reads anything into pre season games.

I can't understand anyone who reads anything into pre season games.

Me neither, I don't know whether its caused by boredom or not understanding how slowly teams build up to full match readiness, but there's always some fans who get worked up about rubbish pre-seasons. We had a diabolical one just before we finished 10th under Allardyce and beat Barcelona in one just before being involved in a relegation fight under Souness. They have no bearing on anything really, just glorified fitness training.

It's understandable people being concerned if we loose every friendly by 3 or 4 against lower opposition but apart from that it means nowt. The only ones fans should look at results wise are the last 1 or 2 before the season kicks off when the team and fitness should be taking shape. Cue us to get stuffed 4 nil by Everton and suicide watch begins in Blackburn again :)

Archived