BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Clearout begins at Rovers

Avoiding relegation has to be the first aim.

btw Time will tell but Bowyer looks a Number 2 to me rather than a leader ........ and I don't mean a turd. If he has a poor run I'm not sure he has the necessary to turn it around. Hope I'm wrong.

:lol:

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Too many players getting a free pass because of the Kean factor.

Jones went because the most successful club in England came calling.

Samba wanted out FULL STOP. Allardyce's dismissal was the perfect pretext.

Why was being touted around??? He wanted out because of Kean, Jones and his agent made the first moves because of him. How do you think they knew about the clause?

Just like signing League 1 players doesn't mean we'll end up there.

Yea the best finish was 9th, by Charlton, 3 points outside of the playoffs if I recall. Each player/team is different and therefore there's no point in arguing that a player from League 1 belongs there or a team from there will probably go back down......there's Judge, nominated for Player of the Year/in team of the Year, whatever he was out of those two, possibly both, can't remember so it's a bit unfair to label him just a League 1 player. The keeper is 2nd/3rd choice, not sure if we've even signed Marrow yet and Taylor, Kilgallon and DJ aren't League 1 players. So I'm not even really getting this whole League 1 debate.

I know there is some good business to be done and I wouldn't be happy if the transfer window closed tomorrow but history dictates a lot will still happen. I'm guessing we're bringing in some squad players to accommodate losing some squad players like the Portuguese players......then use the money from Olsson and possibly Dann or whoever, coupled with Murphy, Nuno Gomes etc off the wage bill.......to then bring in some serious quality.....players like Morgan from Leicester or Antonio from Sheff Wed.

There's the argument that we could miss out on players if we take too long but we could also lose out if we buy too early. Most of the major signings seem to occur near the end of transfer windows. We would have probably missed out on Rhodes if we spent it all in early August.

I don't think Judge is up too the standard needed regardless of what award he was nominated for, he's too immobile for CM and not my cup of tea out wide as he's not quick enough. But my main issue is every signing is a player they know or have worked with before and that's not a good sign. So many who step up, do this and fail, it's never a good sign and we're chasing more ex-players. Who else was in for Judge? league one player nominee and only us safter him why? Again why sign the keeper he's gash and we have Robbo at present (I see a lot of league one football). Marrow shined at first and then faded badly ending up at Fleetwood, so played well on the crest of signing and then discarded as he couldn't hit those heights again. I got slaughtered last year for slatting all the signings and saying relegation beckoned and whilst that doesn't mean I'm right at this stage I can't help but feel we're not aiming to get where we're told we are, the premier league.

There's loads of good players out there but most want silly money at this stage and that will change when they get a bit more desperate. But why sign squadies when we have plenty and need quality? Get the quality in first and work backwards, it makes far more sense. We've signed X Y & Z, will boost season ticket sales, turn more non-believers into believers and makes us more attractive to those from the lower leagues and consequently strengthens our bargaining position. We have no left winger, Taylor has no faith in his left foot to cross the ball he had several chances to do against Wrexham and turned onto his right. Rhodes thrives on crosses so we need this. Rhodes scored 30 on scraps and we haven't signed one player that screams assists, if I was Rhodes I'd be sniffing around other clubs as nothing will really change despite new faces.

Paying off these players costs money it's not money off the wage bill it's money up-front and lessens our buying power and lowers the wage bill. Say murphy cost 1 million to get rid do you really think we're still allowing 30K a week for wages? no chance it will be an extra 10K or the difference between the pay-off and the wages. And even then we need to make cutbacks so that will swallow up the rest. It won't have made a big difference to the available wage bill at all.

People talk about the feel good factor and seeing hard graft. Well I didn't see that in a fitness match and the feel good factor is never going to be massively increased with Taylor and Judge being are main and first signings. The tone should be set form day one and the tone is average at best. For me it all points to one thing inexperience and a lack of contacts and transfer savvy. Bowyer was always going to be this way as he's never had to do this and needs help and advice. DoF needed asap.

Why was being touted around??? He wanted out because of Kean, Jones and his agent made the first moves because of him. How do you think they knew about the clause?

Samba and his agent were making calls when Allardyce was here. That's why we had to keep bribing him with one fat contract after another.

I'm not saying they loved Kean or even remotely liked the guy, but putting their departures down to him is a cop-out. Our best players have always had one eye on their next big move, whilst their agents have two.

I don't think people should be instantly show down for questioning the transfers.

I think that Marrow and Eastwood are totally pointless and just adding to the quantity and not the quality of the squad, just more excess baggage.

I think Judge and Taylor are pretty shrewd deals to be honest, pretty happy. Neither are particularly fast but both are coming off the back of a couple of good seasons, both can hopefully provide supply to Rhodes and co, I would have them competing for the right wing spot, especially if Taylor is uncomfortable on his left. I would like a pacy winger to be brought in to compete with King on the left.

DJ Campbell is underwhelming, I would say his record is solid but he was shocking last year and he cannot forge a partnership with Rhodes, therefore he is a costly sub.

Kilgallon is a pretty decent signing, experienced and versatile, whilst Kane was very good last season although I worry that Henley will be shunted out of position.

I think people are living in the clouds a bit if they feel automatic promotion is on the agenda, I think only Rhodes and Hanley are top 2 worthy, therefore a top half finish and a play off push would be about right.

, we've moved out far far far better players than them in the past and lived to tell the tale.

So you blindly miss relegation and a near L1 visit .You are beyond belief and help . If you call the situation we in living to tell the tale I'd hate for it to go tits up and read your spin on it.

Avoiding relegation has to be the first aim.

btw Time will tell but Bowyer looks a Number 2 to me rather than a leader ........ and I don't mean a turd. If he has a poor run I'm not sure he has the necessary to turn it around. Hope I'm wrong.

Spot on Gordon.

I think people are kidding themselves if they think we are going to have a chance of the play-offs nevermind automatic promotion,bearing in mind that anybody in the top ten come March will have a chance of a late push.

Let's hope i'm wrong eh? :wacko:

Too many players getting a free pass because of the Kean factor.

Jones went because the most successful club in England came calling.

Samba wanted out FULL STOP. Allardyce's dismissal was the perfect pretext.

Sorry mate but that's some serious memory blockage.

I have no problem with ANY player wanting out under Kean.

I have no problem with ANY player wanting out under Kean.

I rest my case.

Do you think Samba was justified going to the media saying he wanted out because Allardyce was gone, even though this was bull and he and his agent were hankering for a big money move beforehand? While the club was paying his £££££ wages he should've got on with the job and let his people and the club's people deal with any moves, not go running his mouth to the red tops. But that level of unprofessionalism is okay because: Kean?

Samba and his agent were making calls when Allardyce was here. That's why we had to keep bribing him with one fat contract after another.

I'm not saying they loved Kean or even remotely liked the guy, but putting their departures down to him is a cop-out. Our best players have always had one eye on their next big move, whilst their agents have two.

Samba likes money, what pro doesn't? Did he kick and scream under Sam as Kean, no. Sam kept him happy, Kean @#/? him off as did Venky's with their lies and bullshit. Sam knew what to do Kean just blamed everyone else. Sam even got Hoillet tied down with his money grabbing daddy, Kean?

Kean was a disaster and Samba signed how many contracts before leaving was it two? one was even a rumoured record breaker for us.

Olsson wanted to leave. end of.

If Rochina wants to leave, I can understand him, the lad Thinks he's too good for the Championship but wasn't a regular for us....massive overconfidence in this guy but a good player on his day....

I don't think Judge is up too the standard needed regardless of what award he was nominated for, he's too immobile for CM and not my cup of tea out wide as he's not quick enough. But my main issue is every signing is a player they know or have worked with before and that's not a good sign. So many who step up, do this and fail, it's never a good sign and we're chasing more ex-players. Who else was in for Judge? league one player nominee and only us safter him why? Again why sign the keeper he's gash and we have Robbo at present (I see a lot of league one football). Marrow shined at first and then faded badly ending up at Fleetwood, so played well on the crest of signing and then discarded as he couldn't hit those heights again. I got slaughtered last year for slatting all the signings and saying relegation beckoned and whilst that doesn't mean I'm right at this stage I can't help but feel we're not aiming to get where we're told we are, the premier league.

There's loads of good players out there but most want silly money at this stage and that will change when they get a bit more desperate. But why sign squadies when we have plenty and need quality? Get the quality in first and work backwards, it makes far more sense. We've signed X Y & Z, will boost season ticket sales, turn more non-believers into believers and makes us more attractive to those from the lower leagues and consequently strengthens our bargaining position. We have no left winger, Taylor has no faith in his left foot to cross the ball he had several chances to do against Wrexham and turned onto his right. Rhodes thrives on crosses so we need this. Rhodes scored 30 on scraps and we haven't signed one player that screams assists, if I was Rhodes I'd be sniffing around other clubs as nothing will really change despite new faces.

Paying off these players costs money it's not money off the wage bill it's money up-front and lessens our buying power and lowers the wage bill. Say murphy cost 1 million to get rid do you really think we're still allowing 30K a week for wages? no chance it will be an extra 10K or the difference between the pay-off and the wages. And even then we need to make cutbacks so that will swallow up the rest. It won't have made a big difference to the available wage bill at all.

People talk about the feel good factor and seeing hard graft. Well I didn't see that in a fitness match and the feel good factor is never going to be massively increased with Taylor and Judge being are main and first signings. The tone should be set form day one and the tone is average at best. For me it all points to one thing inexperience and a lack of contacts and transfer savvy. Bowyer was always going to be this way as he's never had to do this and needs help and advice. DoF needed asap.

Ok - Judge attracted a £500k offer from Ipswich last season that was rejected - he was also the subject of £1.2m speculation to Reading (this with limited time on his contract). So he was in demand - he just chose Rovers when his contract was up.

We have no left winger - what position does King play ?

I will wait and see how our new players settle in and actually play before I make knee jerk reactions on their ability based on the price we paid for them. One final aspect - football is a team sport - it is up to Bowyer to buy the right type of player to create a team. IMO he has identified the need for hard working players - can't argue with this as last season we were often beaten by teams who on paper were inferior but put in far more effort than we did.

So you blindly miss relegation and a near L1 visit .You are beyond belief and help . If you call the situation we in living to tell the tale I'd hate for it to go tits up and read your spin on it.

You've blindly read my post with your "TJ's just a P###K" head on ;)

We are still a professional football club last time I checked and I was thinking further back than just the last 2 years in regard to losing better players and living to tell the tale(please excuse the clichéd)

If you think the key reason we got relegated and struggled last year was simply because a few players left then you must need the same kind of help that I do :P

WOW Majiball. You've just kicked a rose tinted wasps nest lol!

Personally I prefer to see Judge as the player that attracted £500k bid from Ipswich and later £1.2m interest from Reading - who we paid zilch for. Similar for Taylor - again a player highly regarding by fans of his old club - and who other Championship clubs showed an interest in.

I'll keep by rose tinted classes on until I have actually seen the first few matches of the season - see who starts, how Bowyer sets up a team with a pre-season under his belt. Until then hope springs eternal as it does for most footie fans.

You've blindly read my post with your TJ's just a P###K head on ;)

We are still a professional football club last time I checked and I was thinking further back than just the last 2 years in regard to losing better players and living to tell the tale(please excuse the clichéd)

If you think the key reason we got relegated and struggled last year was simply because a few players left then you must need the same kind of help that I do :P

please define P###K head......because this surley is a personal attack ...again. Just like when you called me a pedo. ( oh sorry it was pedo in humourous form) .Id love you to call me these names to my face.

I thought Josh morris was more than adequate on the left last season(considering he'd only just broke into the 1st team) and Nunes shown glimpses of real attacking ability in his 1st few appearances at the start of last season(could he step up and add that bit of skill and flair that we have lost with rochina leaving?)

please define P###K head......because this surley is a personal attack ...again. Just like when you called me a pedo. ( oh sorry it was pedo in humourous form) .Id love you to call me these names to my face.

sorry fella you've clearly miss read the post,

(maybe I should have used quotation marks - "tjs just a p###k" head on.(as in that's the mind set you have whenever you read and reply to anything I post)

and its very divisive of you to bring back up(out of context) that silly nonsense from months ago in the "ignore feature" thread.

I thought Josh morris was more than adequate on the left last season(considering he'd only just broke into the 1st team) and Nunes shown glimpses of real attacking ability in his 1st few appearances at the start of last season(could he step up and add that bit of skill and flair that we have lost with rochina leaving?)

If you think Josh Morris is the right quality of player for a promotion push, you are sadly wrong.

I think he was referring to you wearing Pajama's with "TJ is a P***K head" written on....ie, he thinks you don't like him much

You know the ones for sale in the club shop ;)

There are a lot of people thinking that we must get pomotion this season, before the parachute payments dry up, etc. While I'll be happy if we do get promoted, I think we forget that Bowyer might have a different plan in mind. Last season, Kean aimed too high, Shebby Singh aimed too high (promotion at all costs!) and we nearly got relegated.

So Bowyer might want to build a solid and stable squad to keep us safe,then slowly build on that to achieve promotion in a couple of seasons. Rather than trying to seize too much in so short a time, wouldn't it be better to build a solid foundation full of hungry and hardworking players that would improve over time? Maybe Rhodes would go off, but that's exactly why Bowyer wants a firm foundation. He can't have Rovers entirely dependant on one player, and even if he fires us to promotion, if he gets snapped up by other teams in the Premiership we won't just suddenly fall apart.

Personally think GB is aiming to change the morale in the dressing room, by bringing in players he knows who have a history with Rovers your getting pre-made morale boosters if they have the personality to match (which he would know already from working with them).. so don't think it's a bad idea, maybe we could have done better than Marrow but who knows the lad only went to Fleetwood to recover from an injury after starting very well...

Glad to see the players who don't want to stay going one by one, they have to seriously effect morale and while I do not work in Football I do work in management where staff morale is a massive plus (I pushed my best programmer out the door due to his inherent negativity and improved the whole team as a result) or minus to any team.

Personally I prefer to see Judge as the player that attracted £500k bid from Ipswich and later £1.2m interest from Reading - who we paid zilch for. Similar for Taylor - again a player highly regarding by fans of his old club - and who other Championship clubs showed an interest in.

I'll keep by rose tinted classes on until I have actually seen the first few matches of the season - see who starts, how Bowyer sets up a team with a pre-season under his belt. Until then hope springs eternal as it does for most footie fans.

Reported to have bid is very different to actually bidding. We are reported to have bid for Spearing and in reality haven't.

Archived