BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Clearout begins at Rovers

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad Martin Olsson is going. Hugely overrated and wasn't interested in the slightest last season.

He was injured for parts of last season. Personally didn't think he was over-rated - and hope we have got at least £3m+ for him - though wouldn't be surprised if we haven't. We have Henley, Morris, Kilgallon, Olsson Mk2 to cover - as well as Givet if he stays at the club - so it is a sale that shouldn't harm us too much.

Another summer of recognised quality going out and inexperienced mediocrity coming in, greeted with fan positivity for seemingly no reason other than they're young and they make a change. Reminds me a lot of the summer of 2011.

So you don't rate Henley then - strange that Salgado does !

Another summer of recognised quality going out and inexperienced mediocrity coming in, greeted with fan positivity for seemingly no reason other than they're young and they make a change. Reminds me a lot of the summer of 2011.

Recognised quality?! These players nearly got us relegated to lge 1!

Players like Murphy and Olsson were once very good players but have gone backwards in a big way. No loss.

Taylor, DJ, kilgallon, Spearing (if he signs) and Kane will improve our team next season.

Disappointed that he never got an extended run on the left wing. He could've been awesome for us there. Think that combined with being in the Championship meant he was never really interested last year. Hope we got a decent fee for him, if he can get back to how we know he can play then Norwich will be looking at a decent profit in a couple of years.

• Backroom

He was injured for parts of last season. Personally didn't think he was over-rated - and hope we have got at least £3m+ for him - though wouldn't be surprised if we haven't. We have Henley, Morris, Kilgallon, Olsson Mk2 to cover - as well as Givet if he stays at the club - so it is a sale that shouldn't harm us too much.

He can't cross, can't pass and struggles to beat a man... and yet apparently he's a superstar winger in the making :lol: and he also can't tackle which doesn't make him much of a left back.

Pace gets you a long way in the game and he's lucky he has it, cos without it he wouldn't be anywhere near the Premier League or even the Championship.

Marcus Christenson ‏@m_christenson 15m

Blackburn's Sweden int def Martin Olsson agrees four-year deal with #Norwich and is having a medical tonight, says @sportbladet #ncfc #brfc

Do we need a replacement for Martin Olsson or are Markus and Morris good enough for Left back.

Could play Henley there tho?

Henley could play there but Morris and Olsson simply arent good enough.

Absolutely ! there can be no escaping this fact.

Which player of quality has left??

Rhodes is still isn't he? Every other signing we have made in the last year or two has underperformed. Sign hungry players suited to this league.

Sign players that are better than this league and you stand the best chance of getting out of it, simple really.

Which players of the three promoted clubs really stood out - the times I saw them only Bellamy looked a class apart - Zaha in flashes (but not convinced). In main it was hardwork and teamwork that set them apart - something that Rovers were sadly lacking last season.

Which players of the three promoted clubs really stood out - the times I saw them only Bellamy looked a class apart - Zaha in flashes (but not convinced). In main it was hardwork and teamwork that set them apart - something that Rovers were sadly lacking last season.

Cardiff obviously had them, as they stuffed us both home and away. Hull must have had some and Palace, well their main man went to ManU what does that tell you.

Rovers havent made a signing that stands out from the rest yet, there is time though.

"Clear out begins" - a way to go yet I would suggest. Ok, of course I knew it was a big squad, but until you see it written down. Good grief.

Goalkeepers: (5)

Robinson

Unsai

Kean

Urwin

Eastwood

Defenders: (12)

Orr

Olsson (the grumpy one)

Givet

Dann

Henley

O'Conner

Hanley

Ribeiro

Daly

Edwards

Kane

Killgalon

Midfielders: (19!!)

Lowe

Nunes

Dunn

Formica

MGP

Markus Olsson

Williamson

Etuhu

Morris

Cotton

Rosado

Fernandez

Payne

O'Sullivan

Jorge

Judge

Taylor

Marrow

Forwards: (8)

Best

Rhodes

King

Edinho Junior

Slew

Forrester

Rochina

DJ Campbell

Hopefully we can now land Spearing from Liverpool as we really are thread bare in midfield with only 19 to choose from. How much is this lot costing? and how much of the players wages who are out on loan are we subsidising? How does this all affect us with the FFP rules? How many more players will Venkys have to pay off before the end of August? is thatbthe plan if nobody comes in for them?! and how many more questions can I ask in this paragraph?

Sign players that are better than this league and you stand the best chance of getting out of it, simple really.

Not really true that Jal. You build a team who are capable of playing better than most in the division. These are human beings we're dealing with. Complex things ( yes even footballers). As a group they will react positively to some methodology and other personalities. Equally they will react negatively to others. Building a team takes time and skill. Chucking the best players on the pitch wont win you anything without a team ethos. Granted we'd walk the league if we had the pick of anyone world wide. But its all relative. The best eleven in the league wouldnt be a guarantee for promotion. If they don't all pull in the same direction its a waste of time.

I do agree that we have lost lots of quality in the

last few years. But simply buying better calibre players isnt a sure fire recipe for success. Just ask qpr fans.

That midfield looks class - Etuhu probably earns more than the rest put together too, especially as he has 3 years left of his fat juicy contract.

Lets hope the big man gets fit and up for it soon 😳

Martin Olsson must be the most overated player we have ever had in the 1st team, absolutely awful apart from maybe 2/3 games(which I cant even remember!) and 1 or 2 fancy goals(ditto!), hes just a short arsed sprinter with the bare minimum of footballing ability, his brother has even less(though tbf his brother seems to put more of a shift in at least)

if the money received from selling him goes directly to buying spearing then that will be one of the best pieces of business this club has done in a long while(fingers crossed Ollson doesn't fail his medical, as he's also been a total sick note for us).

Not really true that Jal. You build a team who are capable of playing better than most in the division. These are human beings we're dealing with. Complex things ( yes even footballers). As a group they will react positively to some methodology and other personalities. Equally they will react negatively to others. Building a team takes time and skill. Chucking the best players on the pitch wont win you anything without a team ethos. Granted we'd walk the league if we had the pick of anyone world wide. But its all relative. The best eleven in the league wouldnt be a guarantee for promotion. If they don't all pull in the same direction its a waste of time.

I do agree that we have lost lots of quality in the

last few years. But simply buying better calibre players isnt a sure fire recipe for success. Just ask qpr fans.

Ok reword it to having players who are the most effective and productive at their jobs in each and every position.

Outstanding rhetorics and argumentation!

Lets keep it simple they were all better than us whilst the target was for us to be better than them..... we failed bigtime.

"Clear out begins" - a way to go yet I would suggest. Ok, of course I knew it was a big squad, but until you see it written down. Good grief.

Robinson

Unsai

Kean

Urwin

Eastwood

Orr

Olsson (the grumpy one)

Givet

Dann

Henley

O'Conner

Hanley

Ribeiro

Daly

Edwards

Kane

Killgalon

Lowe

Nunes

Dunn

Formica

MGP

Markus Olsson

Williamson

Etuhu

Morris

Cotton

Rosado

Fernandez

Payne

O'Sullivan

Jorge

Judge

Taylor

Marrow

Best

Rhodes

King

Edinho Junior

Slew

Forrester

Rochina

DJ Campbell

Hopefully we can now land Spearing from Liverpool as we really are thread bare in midfield with only 19 to choose from. How much is this lot costing? and how much of the players wages who are out on loan are we subsidising? How does this all affect us with the FFP rules? How many more players will Venkys have to pay off before the end of August? is thatbthe plan if nobody comes in for them?! and how many more questions can I ask in this paragraph?

OMG You are so right. The very list shows the enormity of the problem. How could this ever have been allowed to happen? How come the owners weren't asking WTF is going on?( rhetorical question)

I could do with an analysis of how we got the "newer" players. Who the agents are..which were Singh's acquisitions? which were Anderson's ? etc. Who made money out of these transfers? Is there an accessible data base which records players' agents?.I need to understand. Could this really be mere incompetence?

As for questions,Bob, we are both beginning to sound like Johnny Nash!

Anyway, back to cold reality...this post was like a mean pinch to my arm, just as I was beginning to hope? Thanks!

Robinson

Unsai

Kean

Urwin

Eastwood

Orr

Olsson (the grumpy one)

Givet

Dann

Henley

O'Conner

Hanley

Ribeiro

Daly

Edwards

Kane

Killgalon

Lowe

Nunes

Dunn

Formica

MGP

Markus Olsson

Williamson

Etuhu

Morris

Cotton

Rosado

Fernandez

Payne

O'Sullivan

Jorge

Judge

Taylor

Marrow

Best

Rhodes

King

Edinho Junior

Slew

Forrester

Rochina

DJ Campbell

Come on! a third of those players are just young developing players(probably being paid basic youth/reserve player rates.

Martin Olsson must be the most overated player we have ever had in the 1st team, absolutely awful apart from maybe 2/3 games(which I cant even remember!) and 1 or 2 fancy goals(ditto!), hes just a short arsed sprinter with the bare minimum of footballing ability, his brother has even less(though tbf his brother seems to put more of a shift in at least)

if the money received from selling him goes directly to buying spearing then that will be one of the best pieces of business this club has done in a long while(fingers crossed Ollson doesn't fail his medical, as he's also been a total sick note for us).

Remember Franz Carr

Archived