BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Clearout begins at Rovers

I bet Goodwillie was on far more than a player of his ability playing in the 2nd Division should be on so am pleased we are clearing him out. Instead of paying him off we are probably paying most of his salary while he is away on loan. Good progress made so far on getting shut of high earners but a few still to go.

If rumours in Scotland are true, Rovers are allegedly paying upto 90% of his 18k per week whilst they pay DJ, what is it, something stupid like over 20k a week.

Seems nothing has really changed at Rovers except a few faces.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Which one was Gattuso again? And is Dennis Irwin still here?

If Im not mistaken Paulo Jorge was the new gattuso. Rough defensive midfielder from it will come as no shock, Portugal.

The Legend Bruno Ribeiro better known as Dennis Irwin I have no clue where he is these days.

Edit:

On 8 January 2013, Ribeiro signed for Clube Atlético Linense on a six-month loan until the end of the 2012/13 season.[7]

He is probably back in Blackburn then.

Guest Norbert

Another Portugeezer by any chance? It is hard to keep up with these future superstars isn't it?

It does seem that there is a good, determined move to sort out the squad, cut costs and bring some sense into the playing staff. Long may this continue.

The next Stevie G was the young lad from the youth team who's name escapes me now.

:lol::lol:

Jason Lowe anyone? Or maybe you're right Ricky - Robbie Cotton? Either way, there's a lot of late developing needed to be done (in a Myles stylee) to get up to Gerrard's standard!

Off his head: http://www.caughtoffside.com/2011/09/16/blackburn-have-the-new-steven-gerrard/

Another Portugeezer by any chance? It is hard to keep up with these future superstars isn't it?

It does seem that there is a good, determined move to sort out the squad, cut costs and bring some sense into the playing staff. Long may this continue.

It seems to me Norbert that someome in power heard the phrase " if only we could rewind the clock three or four years and start a fresh". Subsequently they have since set out to build an exact replica of the club from that period. Starting with a recruitment drive to snare every ex youth player we let go. Its gotta be like a northern british version of American Pie - The Reunion down at Brockhall. Pukka Pie - The Reunion climaxing in Alan Judge winding one in to Alex Marrows mum.

How have you all forgotten the Scottish Rooney? Mr David Goodwillie.

Now plying his trade back at his hometown club in Scotland. The mighty Dundee. Maybe he's just a late bloomer, like Myles?

I think you'll find that's Dundee United. That's like saying he's playing for Leyton Orient and not Chelsea cos they're both in the same city. Check out Dundee United's record in Europe, and then compare it to Rovers..........

I think you'll find that's Dundee United. That's like saying he's playing for Leyton Orient and not Chelsea cos they're both in the same city. Check out Dundee United's record in Europe, and then compare it to Rovers..........

You have my apologies. Still, the point is valid. His career since joining us has completely hit the skids. Good luck to him up there.

You have my apologies. Still, the point is valid. His career since joining us has completely hit the skids. Good luck to him up there.

Apology accepted and I agree he's gone backwards since joining us. Maybe we should start a new trend - being nice to fellow board members. No, it wouldn't catch on ......

Guest Norbert

Always amazes me just how close their stadiums are. I do wonder if any new players for one team go to the wrong stadium on their first visit.

I'm not sure the standard of the SPL is quite as bad as some would have you believe. I went to most Rovers home games last season as well as a few SPL games and I would say they were at a similar standard with the SPL probably coming out on top for excitement and atmosphere. Then again that was Rovers I am comparing to which is probably unfair on last year's show.

Archived