BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Clearout begins at Rovers

Based on performance of clubs in europe over the last 5 years, UEFA rank the SPL the 24th best top tier league in Europe. Behind the likes of Belarus, Cyprus and Israel. Objectively its a very poor league. If you take out Rangers and Celtic, for attendances and financial muscle it isn't much above League 1.

Championship players like Hanley shouldn´t be regular starters for their countries. Saying Scottish players (Higdon) wouldn´t make it at Rovers because Goodwillie didn´t is stupid but makes you think twice.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is good to see that Murphy, Gomez, Formica and Goodwillie have all moved on. Small contribution for a huge outlay. Shifting a few others would also help.

Not overly impressed or excited with the players recruited and remain hopeful we bring in some of much better quality.

Pleasing that things seem to have settled and a degree of common sense is being applied to the decisions taken.

COYB.

Add to that list potentially

Martin olsson

Scott Dann

And we probably lose upwards of £100,000 pw of salary off the payroll which wasn't giving us much return.

Pure guesses

Murphy £ 30,000

Dann £ 20,000

Olsson £20,000

Gomes £ 18,000

Formica £ 12,000

Based on performance of clubs in europe over the last 5 years, UEFA rank the SPL the 24th best top tier league in Europe. Behind the likes of Belarus, Cyprus and Israel. Objectively its a very poor league. If you take out Rangers and Celtic, for attendances and financial muscle it isn't much above League 1.

Rangers aren't in the SPL

Add to that list potentially

Martin olsson

Scott Dann

And we probably lose upwards of £100,000 pw of salary off the payroll which wasn't giving us much return.

Pure guesses

Murphy £ 30,000

Dann £ 20,000

Olsson £20,000

Gomes £ 18,000

Formica £ 12,000

Never mentioned Robbo. Bound to be on higher wages than any of those listed.

I think you'll find that's Dundee United. That's like saying he's playing for Leyton Orient and not Chelsea cos they're both in the same city.

Not really though, is it?

It's more to do with the fact that they have almost identical names.

If you had Chelsea and Chelsea Utd, you'd have similar mix-ups.

Either way, it's no big deal.

Not really though, is it?

It's more to do with the fact that they have almost identical names.

If you had Chelsea and Chelsea Utd, you'd have similar mix-ups.

Either way, it's no big deal.

Would you have the same problem with Manchester United and Mancester City? I'd suggest not.

To be honest Andy, you stumbled into a very long and old bugbear for a lot of Dundee and Dundee United fans. They hate being confused with each other.

Don't let the fact you could just about slide a rizla paper between their grounds fool you!

• Backroom

Would you have the same problem with Manchester United and Mancester City? I'd suggest not.

To be honest Andy, you stumbled into a very long and old bugbear for a lot of Dundee and Dundee United fans. They hate being confused with each other.

Don't let the fact you could just about slide a rizla paper between their grounds fool you!

Ditto w/ the Sheffields. Tho I must admit my ignorance as pre-Badcock I assumed Dundee just had 1 club.

• Backroom

Yep Formica is still here

You have to wonder how much we have reduced outgoings by in real terms if we are subsidising the loan move and paid off others

If we don't shift the likes of Olsson and Givet I'll be worried about Rhodes going for cheap late in the window

Yep Formica is still here

You have to wonder how much we have reduced outgoings by in real terms if we are subsidising the loan move and paid off others

If we don't shift the likes of Olsson and Givet I'll be worried about Rhodes going for cheap late in the window

Rhodes won't be sold for cheap, I can guarantee you that.

• Backroom

Some names that still need to be cleared?

Givet

Orr

Robinson

Marcus Olsson

Ethuhu

Pederson

Formica

Slew

Edinho

Ribeiro

Givet and Pedersen will still be useful to have around. As poor as he is Marcus Ollson might be useful as a sub to bring on in the last five minutes for fresh legs and pace against tired defenders.

The rest I'd be happy to see leave, but no idea who's taking them. Formica might find a club, but the rest?

Some names that still need to be cleared?

Givet

Orr

Robinson

Marcus Olsson

Ethuhu

Pederson

Formica

Slew

Edinho

Ribeiro

Theres only Givet, Pederson and Robinson who have proven that they can do a job out of that lot.

According to the biggest swedish newspaper, Martin Olsson will undergo a medical at Norwich tonight.

Good news as it means we can tie up the Spearing deal.

Olsson is a good player and a good signing for Norwich. Gone stale at Rovers though so not too disappointed to see him go. I see Henley as being our left back next season.

Archived