BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

5 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

There are no Brits capable of doing the job so that’s the only option. 

I think Paul Collingwood would be good white ball coach and there is Mark Robinson who is Warwickshire head coach. Vikram Solanki is another name but he has gone to become head f cricket at one of IPL team and I can't see leaving that. 

Stokes is set to become Test Captain if he can convince Rob Key that his mental health problems are over. 

For the coaching roles, Kirsten is interested in the Test Head coach job. Graham Ford and Paul Collingwood are contenders also. Plus Simon Katich also is a possible choice. 

Rob Key will also look at bringing back the National selector role

Former India head coach Gary Kirsten keen on England Test job | England cricket team | The Guardian

Good win for Lancs. Was a bit worried with 6 overs left that Gloucestershire would hold out. Fair dos for making it difficult especially vs an attack that would see England off for under 300 not that that’s saying much. 

Edited by matt83

Very good win from Lancashire in their first game. Its time Matt Parkinson will given this summer as England number 1 spinner and I would be getting Josh Bohannon in at number 3 with Root at 4, Stokes at 5 and Bairstow at 6. 

I think Stokes will be name England test captain this week

15 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Very good win from Lancashire in their first game. Its time Matt Parkinson will given this summer as England number 1 spinner and I would be getting Josh Bohannon in at number 3 with Root at 4, Stokes at 5 and Bairstow at 6. 

I think Stokes will be name England test captain this week

It was the second game Chaddy, both thumping victories. 

1 minute ago, oldjamfan1 said:

It was the second game Chaddy, both thumping victories. 

Correct there. I've enjoyed both games watching live and highlight coverage of it. 

Stokes set to be appoint Test Captain. Langer won't be joining England. Kirsten one of the favourite for Test head coach job

Reports: Gary Kirsten front runner for England's Test coaching role (crictracker.com)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, only2garners said:

If anyone is planning to go to the T20 Roses match at Old Trafford on 27th May it is nearly all sold out so you need to buy now.

It’s my first season as a member O2G’s. Sod’s law, I can’t make the York’s game😏

On 27/04/2022 at 11:20, Admiral Nelsen said:

The only appointment! And one which itself brings with it loads of risk.

How we've ended up in the position where we have so few even passable candidates for the captaincy is beyond me. 

It's a huge risk. He's got enough to think about with his batting and bowling. It didn't work for Botham and made him a less effective player; Brearley took over and Botham was unleashed to win the Ashes

I cannot see Stokes working but then anyone will be better than Root's recent dismal record that has taken England to the bottom of the Test "championship"

You're right about leadership too: it's a national problem. Look at No 10. 

• Like 1

Just now, jim mk2 said:

It's a huge risk. He's got enough to think about with his batting and bowling. It didn't work for Botham and made him a less effective player; Brearley took over and Botham was unleashed to win the Ashes

I cannot see Stokes working but then anyone will be better than Root's recent dismal record that has taken England to the bottom of the Test "championship"

You're right about leadership too: it's a national problem. Look at No 10. 

As long as Root continues his form with the bat, I'd have preferred him to stay on. That's not to say I think he was doing even a semi-decent job as captain, but at the very least you could say it wasn't affecting his form as a player, and that's what I worry about with Stokes. The lack of a single other sensible candidate means I understand this decision, but to say it's not ideal is a massive understatement. 

33 minutes ago, den said:

It’s my first season as a member O2G’s. Sod’s law, I can’t make the York’s game😏

Full member Den? I had a full membership years ago but found I hardly went so let it lapse. Last year I had a T20 membership and managed most games so this year I've gone for the First X1 package - any 11 days. I went to day 2 of last week's Championship game to start.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, only2garners said:

Full member Den? I had a full membership years ago but found I hardly went so let it lapse. Last year I had a T20 membership and managed most games so this year I've gone for the First X1 package - any 11 days. I went to day 2 of last week's Championship game to start.

Full member. My mate retired last year and we always said we would spend some time at OT. Went last Thursday and thoroughly enjoyed it. 

c£160 - not too bad we didn’t think. Parking behind pavilion £4:50 as well which was a lot cheaper than I expected.

15 minutes ago, den said:

Full member. My mate retired last year and we always said we would spend some time at OT. Went last Thursday and thoroughly enjoyed it. 

c£160 - not too bad we didn’t think. Parking behind pavilion £4:50 as well which was a lot cheaper than I expected.

The First XI membership was £90 I think. Given the ticket I've just booked for the Roses T20 would have been £42 had I been paying it's a bargain.

delighted with the Stokes appointment and its the right and correct choice, Good decision by Rob Key and now he needs to find the Test head coach and it will be interesting who they will appoint. 

Also think he needs to find the right person for the national selector role tho. 

I am also encourage by the early form of young batsman out there like Sussex opening batsman Tom Haines, Lancashire number 3 batsman Josh Bohannon and Somerset middle order batsman Tom Abell. 

Edited by chaddyrovers