BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

12 minutes ago, Rogerb said:

Lancs survive the day with 9 down just need it to rain all day tomorrow. rumour around OT today that Saqib Mahmood is leaving to play for Warwickshire next season

I was suprised they got skittled for 103 as they've had a good start to the season. Rain dance tommorow!

That would be a shame, good player.

On 21/05/2022 at 20:09, ChrisyG said:

I was suprised they got skittled for 103 as they've had a good start to the season. Rain dance tommorow!

That would be a shame, good player.

Maybe not that surprising as he is from Birmingham. In any event he's likely to be playing for England quite often.

• Like 1

Butler's ton followed by a game Lancs should have won.

It was never a no ball, Brook was in a crouch. The Lancs fielding fell of a cliff as the match progressed.

Both games made for great TV.

It's not far of 4 am, I should sleep ...

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Gav said:

Bloody draw, T20?

Catching practice for Lancs on Monday, great night out, the corporate was excellent 😃

Got to admit that Brook getting out LBW last ball not in my thoughts, I expect a push and run to win the game for York's.

Brook is in form and rides his luck well.

Edited by AllRoverAsia

3 hours ago, Gav said:

Bloody draw, T20?

Catching practice for Lancs on Monday, great night out, the corporate was excellent 😃

It was a very good game. The fans were the winners tonight. Show there is some good cricketers in the county championship 

A few thoughts about last night: Parky didn’t bowl out - that’s crazy. So many times we conceded a four off the first ball of the over and put ourselves under instant pressure. I didn’t like the way players kept crowding around Vilas - it gave the impression of confusion. Not sure croft should be coming in at three. I fear Hartley might be found out a bit this season so will be interesting to see how he gets on. Fielding was largely poor. Disappointed didn’t sell out. 

The positives: despite pretty much throwing it away I couldn’t take them celebrating at our place - so will take a tie. I thought gleeson did better than I expected (one of those no-balls was a scandal). Tim David looked good. Phil salt looked good. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, matt83 said:

A few thoughts about last night: Parky didn’t bowl out - that’s crazy. So many times we conceded a four off the first ball of the over and put ourselves under instant pressure. I didn’t like the way players kept crowding around Vilas - it gave the impression of confusion. Not sure croft should be coming in at three. I fear Hartley might be found out a bit this season so will be interesting to see how he gets on. Fielding was largely poor. Disappointed didn’t sell out. 

The positives: despite pretty much throwing it away I couldn’t take them celebrating at our place - so will take a tie. I thought gleeson did better than I expected (one of those no-balls was a scandal). Tim David looked good. Phil salt looked good. 

I couldn't believe Matt Parkinson didn't bowl his 4 overs. 

I thought Lancashire said they had sold out for the game?

I think Phil Salt played very well and Tim David looks an exciting additions.

But Harry Brook shown why he should be playing in their first test of the summer

Its was a great game for all cricket fans and I don't think either team deserved to lose. 

The club did say the game was a sell out yesterday. Earlier in the week I had a look and there were about 250 spare seats and there did seem to be some gaps around. Mind you the 6 seats in front of me were full for the first innings and not for the second. Considering how animated they had been I guess they had just moved, maybe to the party stand? That did look a bit more than full. Probably a lot of demand as the stand was reduced as it has to be taken down for the upcoming concerts.

Test match against NZ starts at Lords on Thursday with thousands of tickets unsold, most of them over £100 each.

As the champagne corks pop at 11am the ground will be well short of capacity for the start of this new era in English cricket.

I was offered 2 tickets myself, £163 each, no thanks.

Maybe Lords hasn't heard that we have a cost of living crisis......

Edited by Gav

If the cash cow that is the Lord’s test match struggles to sell out it may wake up a few at the ECB that even the most loyal of support that is the English Test crowd won’t have the piss taken indefinitely… wouldn’t bet on it though.

• Like 1

Nobody expects a full day's entertainment to be £20/£30, but the price of test match cricket is a complete scandal.

I understand there's always going to be an element of cashing in on those events which can bring in the most cash, but that sort of cost is going to prohibit a huge percentage of existing cricket fans from going, let alone the sort of casual fans you need to convert if you're serious about growing the game. 

They'll probably just blame the empty seats on the Jubilee and the side's poor form though. 

Maybe its just me, suffering from football withdrawal symptoms, but why aren't we seeing more cricket on Tv from Sky or anyone else for that matter?

On Monday, after a hard day slicing golf balls into the rough, I plonk myself in front of the TV to watch a T20 Blast game and the only live sport is Netball, I do the same tonight and nothing, with 4 T20 games going on across the country? 

Its the same with the longer forms of the game, why aren't we seeing more cricket on Tv?

They'll show any football from non league, Irish league upwards?

Rubbish. 

Edited by Gav
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Gav said:

Maybe its just me, suffering from football withdrawal symptoms, but why aren't we seeing more cricket on Tv from Sky or anyone else for that matter?

On Monday, after a hard day slicing golf balls into the rough, I plonk myself in front of the TV to watch a T20 Blast game and the only live sport is Netball, I do the same tonight and nothing, with 4 T20 games going on across the country? 

Its the same with the longer forms of the game, why aren't we seeing more cricket on Tv?

They'll show any football from non league, Irish league upwards?

Rubbish. 

Lancs current game at notts is live on YouTube