BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Fantastic Joe Root, an all time great English batsman and now part of 10,000 runs club along with Cooke.

Who said test match cricket was dead, hard conditions, Foakes excellent too, good win for England.

Brilliant watching, I’ll be at the next test, can’t wait. 

Edited by Gav
  • Like 2

Excellent England win. 

England played very well in that second innings. 

Joe Root is pure class. Form is temporary class is permanent. 

People should never doubt this team and maybe people will learn never back against them. 

I thought Kane Williamson misused his spinner in the second innings. Think it will Simon Doull who said yesterday that Williamson doesn't know how to use his spinner when the pitch isn't spinning

Well done England on this test match win 

Yes, that was unexpected, by me anyway. I had  the Kiwis as favourites at the start of Englands second innings. I agree with Gav that there’s nothing better than Test Match cricket. Unfortunately in yesterdays paper Greg Barclay, the independent chair of the International Cricket Council, said “  If you look at the way cricket is going there is no doubt the white ball is the way of the future - that is the game that is sought after by the fans, where the broadcasters are putting their resources and what is driving the money “.

So there you have it.

He also spent some time rubbishing women’s cricket.

11 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I agree with Gav that there’s nothing better than Test Match cricket.

I agree there. I think Test Cricket is my favourite format of cricket. I watched the first 2 days of play without missing a ball of the day. 

• Like 1

Very good win. Joe Root confirming his form and status as one of the world,s best batsmen. 

But the problems remain. This is a poor team. If Root fails England usually lose. The top 3 are not Test match players and Bairstow at 5 is technically flawed and plays most innings like it’s a one day match

Today’s win just masks all the fault lines that run through this team 

Edited by jim mk2
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

I think Root's conversion rate from 50s into 100s is pretty poor.

I’ve heard that argument before.

His test average is 49.57 from 118 tests. Kohli’s for example is 49.59 from fewer tests. Labuschane’s is higher but from only 45 tests.

Its all down to averages over long periods. 

3 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I think that might change now he’s not weighed down by the captaincy.

Did the captaincy actually stop him scoring runs. Clearly not. 8 centuries in the 18 months whilst Captain whilst the 3 best batsmen have none. 

He averaged 46.44 as Captain including 14 centuries. 

Batting records | Test matches | Cricinfo Statsguru | ESPNcricinfo.com

30 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Did the captaincy actually stop him scoring runs. Clearly not. 8 centuries in the 18 months whilst Captain whilst the 3 best batsmen have none. 

He averaged 46.44 as Captain including 14 centuries. 

Batting records | Test matches | Cricinfo Statsguru | ESPNcricinfo.com

Let’s see what he averages in the future.

1 hour ago, only2garners said:

Very comfortable win tonight for Lancs, although they were a bit fortunate getting away with a few lazy slog shots. It was nice of Leicestershire to let am A level media studies student operate the camera.

At the start I thought I was having a funny turn and about to fall over of my chair.

At least they finally turned the sound knob on.

Edited by AllRoverAsia

A win tonight would be phenomenal. 17 points pretty much guarantees the quarters and 16 pts more or less sees teams through. IF Lancs win that’s 13pts at the halfway stage.

I see Buttler is still not bothering with Lancs. Resting from the IPL presumably

41 minutes ago, matt83 said:

A win tonight would be phenomenal. 17 points pretty much guarantees the quarters and 16 pts more or less sees teams through. IF Lancs win that’s 13pts at the halfway stage.

I see Buttler is still not bothering with Lancs. Resting from the IPL presumably

Buttler has been a waste  of a signing,i don't know how much Lancs pay him but it's too much for what they get from him.

• Like 1

What an absolute classic game of cricket. Lancs 213-5 and the Yorkshire puddings were cruising to victory for most of their innings, but a remarkable turnaround saw Lancs win it on the last ball to win by 4 runs. Cricket at its best especially when we put one over the Darksiders.

• Like 6