BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Lots of runs for Lancashire players today in England's 500 (almost) but to be honest I'm not too sure what there is to be gained from this sort of game. Salt, Livingstone and Buttler should all be playing for Lancashire today in a competitive fixture, not pissing about against average bowlers on a small ground in a mismatched friendly. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Lots of runs for Lancashire players today in England's 500 (almost) but to be honest I'm not too sure what there is to be gained from this sort of game. Salt, Livingstone and Buttler should all be playing for Lancashire today in a competitive fixture, not pissing about against average bowlers on a small ground in a mismatched friendly. 

These aren't friendlies but part of the ICC ODI championship

5 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Yes, we were always going to struggle to cope with several key players missing, (for a meaningless series).

Did very well to win the Championship  match, under the circumstances.

Thst said, this evening’s performance has been particularly poor.

Edited by martonrover

8 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

It was like a full on T20 but played over 50.

Baseball where batters have protection on their legs.

I imagine Buttler and Livingstone are decent golfers but prone to slice.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, matt83 said:

I know it’s concert season but this ground is ludicrous for a t20. Been a good few years since was here, knew it was small, but seems tiny. It’s 

I was wondering if you’d gone Matt, how’s the trip?

I’ll never forget when Rovers played Feyeonord, what a trip.

16 minutes ago, 1874 said:

Lancs back to top after a comfortable win against a surprisingly poor Notts

A good win to stop the mini slump. Looking forward to going to Stanley Park on Thursday. 
Still look a pace bowler light, (why did England bother taking Wood?),  and need to re-think the (temporary )opening pair.

3 hours ago, matt83 said:

I know it’s concert season but this ground is ludicrous for a t20. Been a good few years since was here, knew it was small, but seems tiny. It’s 

At least it’s in the historic county of Lancashire (Unlike Sedbergh) ! I’m glad Lancs are back at Blackpool. Good for non - Manchester based folk to have games at Blackpool and Southport this season.

Seemed a decent pitch today, too.

• Moderation Lead

Parents went to watch Lancs and it was rained off after two hours of being there.

They’ve had a shocker as they were waiting on the motorway in traffic for two hours the day before, coming back from Devon…

Weather not looking wonderful for the Test Match today, its a glorious morning but the rains coming.

Hopefully get an early breakthrough under overcast skies, Ossett brewery beer by the Wharf before then though.

11 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Parents went to watch Lancs and it was rained off after two hours of being there.

They’ve had a shocker as they were waiting on the motorway in traffic for two hours the day before, coming back from Devon…

That rain almost certainly gained Lancs a point, not that that would appease your poor parents!

I think the rain defo gained a point for Lancs there. Been totally shafted by the scheduling although I see Luke wood had flown back from Amsterdam.

It’s a tournament that’s been totally compromised by random crappy ODI series. IF Lancs get through to finals day then it’s right in middle of the India ODI series so will be without livi, salt, wood, Buttler (not that I think of him as a Lancs player). I wonder if the ECBs baby the 16.4 will see such scheduling clashes. I doubt it. 

• Like 2

Really poor from England today - gave New Zealand at least 50 too many runs with their moronic bowling before lunch and now you'd think they'd never seen a ball swing with how they're batting this afternoon.

Test over. As Boycott used to say 'you can't win a Test in a session, but you can certainly lose it.' This is a textbook example - 4 down for nothing with an extremely long tail chasing 300+.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Really poor from England today - gave New Zealand at least 50 too many runs with their moronic bowling before lunch and now you'd think they'd never seen a ball swing with how they're batting this afternoon.

Test over. As Boycott used to say 'you can't win a Test in a session, but you can certainly lose it.' This is a textbook example - 4 down for nothing with an extremely long tail chasing 300+.

Boult actually bowling at the bloody stumps instead banging it half way down the pitch like England do. I’ll never understand that tactic it’s an annoying hangover from the Root/Silverwood era

• Like 1

I’d like to see them bring in rules about checking the ball. Modern sides can’t get their overs in as it is due to the constant faffing but with England moaning about the ball every over this morning and New Zealand in the last game something needs to happen. I’d say get one check for “free” then every time you ask and the ball is fine you lose 10 runs.

The way Broad was carrying on for about 15 overs was an embarrassment. Whinging like a toddler when didn’t get his way then once the ball didn’t go through it’s hole and they got a new one sarcastically clapping at Erasmus. Not a good look. 

• Like 1

Boult was on fire early on but some of those shots for the wickets. Particularly stokes chipping up to mid off at 50/4. Play yourself in man it’s 5 days not 5 overs. 

That Trent bridge test may turn out to be the worst thing to happen to English test cricket in terms of this “positive mentality”. At least for the foreseeable future when they play moronic slogging cricket they’ll say well Trent bridge. It’s the team equivalent of Crawley’s 253 which justifies his selection forever more in spite of 19 single figure scores in the 35 innings since.

England are believing their own hype and defining positive cricket as slogging/reckless cricket. As exciting as the Trent bridge finale was it was a freak occurrence victory thanks to once in lifetime Barstow innings. The Stokes era won't survive long unless they learn to how to play proper test cricket.

• Like 3

Bairstow and Overton have played great positive cricket. Bairstow's innings was fantastic watching

10 hours ago, Gav said:

Weather not looking wonderful for the Test Match today, its a glorious morning but the rains coming.

Hopefully get an early breakthrough under overcast skies, Ossett brewery beer by the Wharf before then though.

what weather?

3 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Is the test over now? 

1 hour ago, matt83 said:

Boult was on fire early on but some of those shots for the wickets. Particularly stokes chipping up to mid off at 50/4. Play yourself in man it’s 5 days not 5 overs. 

Stokes was trying to be positive and turn the tide. Can't just block after block. 

1 hour ago, matt83 said:

That Trent bridge test may turn out to be the worst thing to happen to English test cricket in terms of this “positive mentality”. 

England are believing their own hype and defining positive cricket as slogging/reckless cricket. As exciting as the Trent bridge finale was it was a freak occurrence victory thanks to once in lifetime Barstow innings. The Stokes era won't survive long unless they learn to how to play proper test cricket.

Still hold this opinion? 

Both players playing the natural game and being positive against their spinner Bracewell.