BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

38 minutes ago, Riversider28 said:

Lightning v Birmingham on Sky cricket channel tonight 6-30pm. Should be a cracking game with the top two teams.

Trying to decide if I should go, weather looks ok, playing for a home ground advantage. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Crawley needs to be dropped, they can't keep picking him when he keeps getting out in the same way. The lad's head has gone

Difficulty conditions at Edgbaston today; "Bazball" clearly doesn't work against a class attack when the going is a bit tougher. 

That’s the thing. You have to play the game that’s in front of you, not some hypothetical game.

11 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Stokes needs to stop believing all the hype and just play a test match type innings.

He looks like an amateurish Sunday village basher.

Stokes was trying to take the game to them which given the conditions I would say is the correct approach. 

Bairstow is in the form of his life currently

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Stokes was trying to take the game to them which given the conditions I would say is the correct approach. 

Bairstow is in the form of his life currently

Being rash is not 'take the game .....', he was an accident waiting to happen and should have gone before he did.

Yes Bairstow is and thank goodness for that.

Edited by AllRoverAsia

8 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Being rash is not 'take the game .....', he was an accident waiting to happen and should have gone before he did.

Yes Bairstow is and thank goodness for that.

I think Kevin Pietersen made some very good points on Stokes's batting being reckless during the lunch break with Sky Sports. Mark Butcher also made an analysis on what balls Bairstow defends and attacking. good watch that

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Riversider28 said:

If that’s the case, I doubt we will beat a very good Birmingham side.

Anything can happen in T20 though, a good ten or fifteen minutes by anybody can win you the game. I fancy Tim David and Crofty to smack a few quick runs tonight. The captain is due a score as well. 

• Like 1

The young un plays u9s so wanted to go to watch Lancs and with this probably being the last home game of the short stuff was now or never for his first live game. Originally 2pm ko but moved for bloody sky at 6:30. He’s been looking forward to it but his mother has just realised won’t be home until 10:30-11pm at the earliest so a couple of hours past bed time. With school tomorrow not happy. He’ll learn more on those terraces with his grandad than any classroom 😂

• Like 3

1 hour ago, only2garners said:

I hope you haven't set off Gav as it's sold out.

Had tickets for a while o2g, given them to a mate and his wife. They’re currently struggling to download the app 😂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, matt83 said:

Think it’ll end up being Lancs 2nd xi vs Birmingham. 

Might as well play the team that's going to be used in the rest of the competition. Lancs need to win to get a home tie in the quarters and lucky Yorks qualify due to Leics docked points

On 02/07/2022 at 13:45, chaddyrovers said:

The ball was there to be drive actually tho I think Kevin Pietersen has made a good point about his and Alex Lees trigger movements. 

I would give him the summer to perform and I wouldn't be making too many knee-jerk reaction 

If you want someone to replace him I would suggest Tom Haines from Sussex

The problem is that the ball wasn't there to drive. He just thinks it is. Crawley throws his hands at the ball without moving his feet. Any movement and he is goosed.

The lad needs to learn where his off stump is, play straighter, get his feet moving and leave anything a foot outside off stump. Especially early in his innings.

His job is to take the shine off the ball, tire out the better ballers, build an innings and provide the stroke players at 4, 5 and 6 a platform to attack. He is way too easy to get out.

Our test openers have been useless for way too long, one of the major reasons we had won 1 in 17 under Root. Scabbing a couple of victories of late with kami-kaze cricket is good fun, but hardly a lasting recipe for success.

Edited by onlyonejackwalker
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Riversider28 said:

Sky are showing the Test match on TWO channels and no Lancs game. What the feck??

Sky also said it was on their YouTube too, and the main Sky channels will go there once the test ends.

I can't find it anywhere on YT!

22 minutes ago, onlyonejackwalker said:

The problem is that the ball wasn't there to drive. He just thinks it is. Crawley throws his hands at the ball without moving his feet. Any movement and he is goosed.

The lad needs to learn where his off stump is, play straighter, get his feet moving and leave anything a foot outside off stump. Especially early in his innings.

His job is to take the shine off the ball, tyre out the better ballers, build an innings and provide the stroke players at 4, 5 and 6 a platform to attack. He is way too easy to get out.

Our test openers have been useless for way too long, one of the major reasons we had won 1 in 17 under Root. Scabbing a couple of victories of late with kami-kaze cricket is good fun, but hardly a lasting recipe for success.

I said after the post you quoted that I think Crawley need to clear his head and go back to what got his form to get a test place. 

21 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Sky also said it was on their YouTube too, and the main Sky channels will go there once the test ends.

I can't find it anywhere on YT!

Sky Sports cricket channel on YouTube. Sky Sports Cricket - YouTube

Edited by chaddyrovers

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I said after the post you quoted that I think Crawley need to clear his head and go back to what got his form to get a test place. 

Sky Sports cricket channel on YouTube. Sky Sports Cricket - YouTube

Thanks. I had looked there, I had subscribed to that channel for a while, just couldn't locate the game. Probably me needing Specsavers.

Got it now on Sky cricket.

• Like 1

Buttler and Livingstone couldn't be arsed tonight - Buttler having played his mandated 1 game a season for Lancashire on Friday. 

We'll be missing Gleeson, Salt and Parkinson on Thursday in the QF too.

The ECB have made a farce of this competition.

• Like 3