BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

On 08/07/2022 at 16:36, matt83 said:

Very much. So. I’ll be bloody livid if he doesn’t turn out for England tomorrow. Buttler and livi are pretty much both mercenaries for hire at this point but as technically Lancs players that’s a formidable first xi. 

I've never quite understood the attraction of Livingstone - sure he can hit the ball a long way if it's in his arc, but he's as inconsistent as they come.

I'd take Croft over him any day and twice on game day. Not as destructive if they're both at their best, but far more reliable. 

I didn't stay up to watch Somerset v Derbyshire live but watched "as live" on YouTube this morning.

A Somerset slogfest setting the highest ever domestic T20 score in England at 265 for 5.

Rossouw was 93 of 36 including 34 in one over that also included the widest NB I've ever seen.

The bowler, McKiernan, finished his 4 overs conceding 82, no wickets, and has a weird bowling action and looks like he's going to fall over every delivery.

The YT stream had Indian commentary but no problem in not understanding it as the action was fast and furious. It also meant I could skip through Derbyshires rush for the bus home.

The clean slogging of Russouw, Banton and Lammonby was worth the watch.

• Like 2

Good day out at Southport today. 

Keaton Jennings 318 was the fourth highest by any Lancashire batter in history and the highest by any Lancashire batter since 1990.

Lancs close of play score was a tremendous 624/9

Theres an outside chance of a Lancs win but this pitch is an absolute featherbed. If Lancs want to win the league they won’t want many more of these.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Riversider28 said:

I think we lost our chance of winning the match by not declaring 60 to 90 mins before close of play. We might just have taken some wickets to help us today, although as you say, the pitch still favours the batters.

It should take spin today, I reckon we still have a chance of winning.

16 hours ago, den said:

Good day out at Southport today. 

Keaton Jennings 318 was the fourth highest by any Lancashire batter in history and the highest by any Lancashire batter since 1990.

I heard it was the highest score ever made by a Lancashire batsman in Lancashire.

2 hours ago, Riversider28 said:

I think we lost our chance of winning the match by not declaring 60 to 90 mins before close of play. We might just have taken some wickets to help us today, although as you say, the pitch still favours the batters.

I was wondering why Lancs didn’t declare at tea, or just later. 
When I thought about it though, that would have meant giving Somerset around 8 hrs to bat where they could have put Lancs in real trouble. By declaring overnight they’ve taken defeat out of the equation. Batting longer yesterday allowed Lancs to get max batting points - plus is it 8 points now for the draw? 

Somerset 48/3

I think they probably went about it the right way.

• Like 2

Going to take something special to beat the savile lovers from here. Parky only three and Hartley two overs when they were the most economical. 🤷‍♂️. Shame don’t have our 2 mercenaries playing. No doubt saving themselves for the 16.4.