BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

3 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

SA lead by 160 plus runs on first innings. England bowled out and innings defeat by the end of the day?

It was posted tongue in cheek but I didn't expect a capitulation

They can't bat, they can't bowl and they can't field.

Send them home and sack the board

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, matt83 said:

Excellent considering the scoreboard pressure.  

It was very watchable throughout.

I gave the Test a miss today, watched old movies on YT and Lancs.

I couldn't take watching Crawley again going cheaply with wackaball players to follow.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1

Great day at Blackpool.

742 runs in a days play. I mean, you can’t complain at that.

Both Northants openers scoring one day centuries and finishing on the losing side.

Jennings again with another century but just when it looked like we might fall short, in stepped 22year old George Lavelle who hit a superb 61 n.o. off just 34.

lancs having a good season, even better when you think of the players missing through the franchise cricket and injuries.

Edited by den
  • Like 2

Half the problem is who are you going to replace him with? 

In previous eras you would have round after round of Championship fixtures in high summer, so selectors could spot in form players to bring in (and send struggling ones back to their county to try and regain some form)…

Now? There will not be a single Championship game in August so they can shoehorn in the county game killer all month. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Half the problem is who are you going to replace him with? 

In previous eras you would have round after round of Championship fixtures in high summer, so selectors could spot in form players to bring in (and send struggling ones back to their county to try and regain some form)…

Now? There will not be a single Championship game in August so they can shoehorn in the county game killer all month. 

I haven't watched the hundred so far but there is only 50 over cricket at county cricket so Who is even in some sort of form. not many I bet. 

It’s alright there’ll be no such international selection issues created by players not playing proper cricket because from 2023-2027 there will be no international cricket played in August in order to create a window for the 16.4. If it wasn’t so detrimental to real cricket it would be funny the lengths they’re prepared to go to make it a success.

I know. Though I think the county game is a breeding ground for mediocrity, the hundred is a farce of a format that has ruined the domestic calendar. Compared to countries like Australia or most of India, the time the weather is good for any cricket is short, so the most has to be made out of that time. Pushing county games to the edges of that season will destroy our test team in the long run.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

I know. Though I think the county game is a breeding ground for mediocrity, the hundred is a farce of a format that has ruined the domestic calendar. Compared to countries like Australia or most of India, the time the weather is good for any cricket is short, so the most has to be made out of that time. Pushing county games to the edges of that season will destroy our test team in the long run.

There’s talk that the county games will be reduced next season as part of the “performance review”. It really takes some understanding, that does. Where will the test cricketers come from?

10 hours ago, den said:

There’s talk that the county games will be reduced next season as part of the “performance review”. It really takes some understanding, that does. Where will the test cricketers come from?

Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, India, Bangladesh, Pakistan and Sri Lanka.