BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

2 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

That's the point chaddy, it shouldn't be. How could Strauss carry out a proper review of cricket with one arm tied behind his back?

That's our opinion but they will be other people who have attend the hundred games, so we have find a balance act cos we want people attend cricket games whether its test matches, 20twenty games, or even the hundred. 

The review is about making sure that county games can keep producing international players and that the job of counties in my opinion. Having a quality county games whether its red ball cricket, 50 over or 20 over games. I would look to see 6 teams in 3 divisions for the red ball with teams playing each other home and away. On the 50 over game I would have 2 divisions of 9 teams playing each other once then the top 2(1st in division A plays 2nd from Division B, 1st from Division B plays 2nd from Division A) then the winners plays in the final. On the 20twenty competition I would keep the same format of 9 teams in each division but each team play each other home and away. Then keep the same format after the division format. 

1 hour ago, den said:

The hundred and a  test match is worth around £2-3m to Lancs.

England games are very important to any county that hold international games. Plus, the county twenty20 games are aswell. 

40 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

. RIP Test cricket 

More nonsense from you. England, India, New Zealand and Australia are the main 4 test playing nations nowadays. Test Cricket is from dying but people like keep repeating this untruth time after time. 

Good win for England in the T20 against the convicts today. A great knock by Hales(84) and Buttler(68) opening the batting to reach 208-6. The old enemy pushed it close to reach 200-9 in their innings. There was yet more cheating from the chain gang as Wade blatantly obstructed Wood as he went for a caught and bowled attempt. The umpire asked Buttler if he wanted to appeal, which would have seen Wade dismissed. Buttler,however, decided against it as he didn’t want to antagonise the locals so early in the tour.The next game is on Wednesday, on BT Sports I think.

• Like 4

Good win today by England and both teams will be in with a shout in the WC.

Super catching by England outfielders and a decent bowling effort.

Stokes is saving his batting for the WC and for the convicts David is a superb hitter of the ball.

Aus have a hell of a batting lineup if all firing and a better bowling set up than most.

• Like 3

A very similar performance by both sides today. Neither opening pair got going and relied on individual performances by Marsh and David for the Aussies with  Malan and Moeen for us. The bowling efforts were also comparable. Both teams have very gifted players, but as in any team game everyone needs to be on top of their game if they are going to win the World Cup. The Aussies have the advantage of playing on home pitches so will start favourites, but on their day any one of the top teams can win it. I’m really looking forward to it.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

England play their first match in the T20 World Cup tomorrow (Saturday) against an Afghanistan side with plenty of talent such as Qais Ahmed, Mohammad Nabi and the brilliant Rashid Khan. It will be a stern test for us, pity I won’t see it as I will be on my way to Ewood. Showing on Sky Sports 12 noon start.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, that win over Sri Lanka was a lot closer than it should have been. We kept them to a manageable 141 and were coasting at 75-0. We then had a mini collapse, losing 5 wickets for 36 runs before finally stumbling over the line with just 2 balls to spare. The big bonus, of course, was the elimination of the cheating convicts. Very satisfying. Semi final on Thursday in Adelaide.

• Like 1

England never make it easy. If they bat like that in the semis, they'll lose. Brook, Livingstone, Ali and Curran all played either loose shots or were going for the big hit when it wasn't necessary at that stage. Can't they learn that at only 7 an over they only need to nurdle it around for ones and twos? 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

England never make it easy. If they bat like that in the semis, they'll lose. Brook, Livingstone, Ali and Curran all played either loose shots or were going for the big hit when it wasn't necessary at that stage. Can't they learn that at only 7 an over they only need to nurdle it around for ones and twos? 

I think you make a fair point Jim but the thing about this England team is that they do bat very deep and more often than not get the job done in this format. T20 is a bit of a lottery at the best of times as it only takes a mad 15 minutes to either win or lose a game.

As Riversider28 says above, it’s just good to knock the convicts out.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

I think you make a fair point Jim but the thing about this England team is that they do bat very deep and more often than not get the job done in this format. T20 is a bit of a lottery at the best of times as it only takes a mad 15 minutes to either win or lose a game.

As Riversider28 says above, it’s just good to knock the convicts out.

Yes very satisfying. Especially on their own middin. I wonder who they’ll be supporting in the semis……England or India? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Pakistan reach the t20 final after beating New Zealand. 

England vs India tomorrow

Pakistan played almost the perfect T20 game. It will be tough for England tomorrow but hopefully we can dismiss the two really dangerous Indian batsmen before they cause too much carnage.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Pakistan played almost the perfect T20 game. It will be tough for England tomorrow but hopefully we can dismiss the two really dangerous Indian batsmen before they cause too much carnage.

I am looking forward to it as I will get up early and ready to watch it. 

• Like 1