BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

When watching Lancs/England I’ve always preferred stand A (under the hotel). Today we went in stand d (scaffold party stand). I’ve always said Lancs can’t handle a crowd whether it’s a roses game or international and today proved it in spades. The toilet situation that side of the ground was a farce. Queues of 30 mins plus. 

On 26/08/2022 at 21:49, matt83 said:

When watching Lancs/England I’ve always preferred stand A (under the hotel). Today we went in stand d (scaffold party stand). I’ve always said Lancs can’t handle a crowd whether it’s a roses game or international and today proved it in spades. The toilet situation that side of the ground was a farce. Queues of 30 mins plus. 

Sit in Stand E under The Point Matt. As well as being right above one of the main toilet blocks there are some more at the top which are always quiet no matter what the crowd.

2 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Sadly Lancs seem to be doing what they have done all season, and not turned up when it really mattered at the business end of competitions.

Although we have at least managed to post a competitive total, thanks to Vilas, Lavelle and Lamb.

• Like 1

Don’t underestimate this Lancs team. They’re a good side even with so many of their main players out. 

They bat deep and are quite capable of digging out a score even after a really bad start. Williams, Bailey, Hurt, Lamb and even Wells can restrict sides.

Theyre having a good season.

Edited by den
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, matt83 said:

Turned around some perilous positions in this tournament. Defo a day out in Nottingham now. Just hope don’t fall at the final hurdle again.

Hope the hundred boys don’t expect to rock up and play the final. 

Just been discussing the dilemma of team selection with a mate. A very tough call. Do you play the best team possible or stick with the squad who have got them through to the final? 
Sorted tickets within minutes of the result. My first trip to Trent Bridge since Notts v Lancs in the 1984 B & H Cup Semi Final.

10 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I am still dizzy from that Sussex camera workings.

Watched quite a bit of it so went the full route from 'oh xxxx' to knowing we were coasting.

The commentators were excellent.

Scott Read is a consistently good commentator, even if he is a Burnley fan. He has been cropping up occasionally on TMS lately.

1 hour ago, oldjamfan1 said:

England rolled over for a lead of only 40. Very poor decision making from some of the top order, not least the captain. 4/1 looks a very generous price for the Saffers to win from here. 

Except I'm not sure that they particularly want to win. They will be quite happy with a draw and a drawn series, which will strengthen their place in the Test final. It was widely rumoured that their refusal to play an extra day on Tuesday was more about not losing the test than wanting to get home.

1 hour ago, only2garners said:

Except I'm not sure that they particularly want to win. They will be quite happy with a draw and a drawn series, which will strengthen their place in the Test final. It was widely rumoured that their refusal to play an extra day on Tuesday was more about not losing the test than wanting to get home.

I didn’t think this series counted towards it?

Edit: just checked and it does - I must have imagined reading that somewhere! 

Edited by oldjamfan1

Another rubbish Test and another rubbish series. Matches over within 3 days, one side or the other dominating or capitulating, poor quality batting and poor cricket. Test matches should be games of attrition, the team with the greatest willpower, mental toughness, technique and endurance prevailing over 5 days of hard fought cricket. The one day mentality has killed the best form of the game. What we are witnessing more and more is not Test cricket.