BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

9 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Another rubbish Test and another rubbish series. Matches over within 3 days, one side or the other dominating or capitulating, poor quality batting and poor cricket. Test matches should be games of attrition, the team with the greatest willpower, mental toughness, technique and endurance prevailing over 5 days of hard fought cricket. The one day mentality has killed the best form of the game. What we are witnessing more and more is not Test cricket. 

This could have been over in less than 2 days if the time lost on Saturday to bad light had been covered by an earlier start on Sunday, instead it was added at the end of the day which was then lost anyway ... Suprise, suprise..... due to bad light.

A joke test match between an inexperienced, batting wise, SA and an England conviction that they can convert test cricket to T20 which will fail miserably against Aus and India, probably Pakistan too.

In the short term the justification is winning games.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1

Superb summer for English cricket winning 6 from 7 tests since Stokes and McCullum came in, a far cry from 1 win in 17 under the previous regime, that is some turnaround. 

It was refreshing that both sides came into this game looking for a win and set about doing just that on Saturday, some superb bowling on show, real skill and great to see Crawley hitting the winning runs today.

Off to Pakistan next for 7 T20's, world cup to follow, then the tests against Pakistan coming in early December. 

Plenty still to look forward to in 2022.

• Like 1

2 test series win this summer and Series draw with India. 

Stokes and McCullum want to play attacking sensible cricket with positive approach. Yes, they will be times when we need to play abit more defensive like the series in Pakistan. 

I can't believe people complaining about the team approach. 

I loved Stokes's comment to Butcher about his batting approach was class. 

22 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

The S Africa series has been a farce. Australia and India are probably the only true Test nations now, two teams with batsmen prepared to fight for every wicket ands slug it out over 4 days or more.  RIP Test cricket

Why has it been a farce? 

South Africa have a young side and has their captain has said post-match he wants his team to play more test matches. 

We have 3 different formats internationally now and have you seen the international calendar for the next 5 years. here a link for you? Men-s-FTP-upto-2027.pdf (icc-cricket.com)

I had a choice tomorrow between another trip to Luton after my first visit last season or a day out at a cup final with Lancs. Pretty easy choice really. I'm really looking forward to tomorrow's game. It's good to see that both sides have stuck with the squada they have used throughout the tournament rather than adding in some of those involved in the 16.4.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, only2garners said:

I had a choice tomorrow between another trip to Luton after my first visit last season or a day out at a cup final with Lancs. Pretty easy choice really. I'm really looking forward to tomorrow's game. It's good to see that both sides have stuck with the squada they have used throughout the tournament rather than adding in some of those involved in the 16.4.

Hope you have a top day mate, let’s bring that cup home 🍻🏆✊🏻

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Gav said:

Trent Bridge looks empty, Lancs fans used to pack these finals out.

Sign if the times I guess. 

Going to be tough this chase, but we can do it, come on.

You’re right it’s very sad. Worse still Kent (a truck stop in Surrey) are properly out singing Lancs. 

Trent Bridge was far from empty, a crowd of c10,000 in a 17,500 capacity stadium. Given there was virtually no publicity for the whole competition or the final itself it wasn't bad.

The Kent support sounded loud mainly because they were all gathered in one place, whereas the Lancs support was spread out in pockets all around. They also had a bit more to sing about. I would say the support was probably 1/3rd for each side and 1/3rd neutrals.

Whilst Lancs probably should have played Balderson rather than Jones on the day in truth the difference was the fielding, in particular Lancs dropping a string of catches. Whilst every team drops a catch or two and Lancs are not an outstanding fielding side they normally can be relied on to pick up a number of catches but they seemed to drop nearly everything yesterday. Kent also were continually lobbing the ball just out of reach of fielders, mostly good luck rather than good play. If they had just taken say 2 or 3 of the ones they dropped Kent would have scored well under 300 and the chase would have been that much easier.

Still a great day out no matter the result, topped off with scoring somewhere to stay which was literally 250 feet from my seat in the ground, allowing a night out in the fleshpots of West Bridgford.

• Like 3

• Backroom

Hang your heads in shame India women.

Pre-meditated, and planned.

Dirty stuff.

I would even be okish with it if the batter was stealing a few metres. But this wasn't that. 

And I'm not interested in all the "It's legitimately in the rules!" 

It's not in the football rules to give the ball back after an injury throw in, but we all know the crack, and wouldn't want to score a goal and win a game that way.

Some things transcend rule books. 

• Like 5

Poor stuff from India women.

I know it’s legal and there are surprisingly many who think they were right to do it. They weren’t.

If that’s acceptable, then it’s acceptable at any point in any game. It would be acceptable every ball in a four day county game. 

If I sat through a four day county game at Old Trafford and doing that became the norm - I wouldn’t be going back.

• Like 2

• Backroom

The one thing this has unearthed to me, is how angry people are about our World Cup win in 2019:

Was news to me, but the number of people genuinely comparing the two situations is mind blowing.

A 100% accident (which everyone agrees) vs a planned, and ordered by the captain, purposeful action. 

Couldn't be more apples and oranges. The fact that some are even using this as part of the debate shows how weak their argument is.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, den said:

Poor stuff from India women.

I know it’s legal and there are surprisingly many who think they were right to do it. They weren’t.

If that’s acceptable, then it’s acceptable at any point in any game. It would be acceptable every ball in a four day county game. 

If I sat through a four day county game at Old Trafford and doing that became the norm - I wouldn’t be going back.

The accepted rule in my experience was you warned the batter first. After that if they did it again it was fair enough. What the Indian player did yesterday was unacceptable.

• Like 1