BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

3 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

India batting first - I have a feeling England will be chasing about 220 to win!

1 hour ago, oldjamfan1 said:

We need the sort of start that Pakistan got yesterday. Not beyond Buttler, Hales and Salt, to be fair.

It was definitely a 200+ pitch with the small boundaries and fast outfield. Well done England!!

Sunday is going to be some sporting day!!

Staggering. England don't do easy victories. After losing to Ireland too

Hope it's not like the rugby WC..... brilliant against NZ in the semis then not turn up in the final

Great win though. I'm sure the convicts enjoyed watching

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

Pandya probably won it for India. 169 is a tough task for England 

Well done, Jim, when will you learn to never write England off. You did it several times during the summer and it bite you on your ass. Maybe you will learn shortly

169 wasn't even a par score on a good batting wicket. England played their natural batting game. Rashid bowled very well and we did Bowl very well. Every England player knows their role within this team

7 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

It was definitely a 200+ pitch with the small boundaries and fast outfield. Well done England!!

You need to play smart cricket and the same boundaries and square of the wicket is where the short boundaries were 

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well done, Jim, when will you learn to never write England off. You did it several times during the summer and it bite you on your ass. Maybe you will learn shortly

Silly post

England are just as capable of losing by 10 wickets

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

169 wasn't even a par score on a good batting wicket. England played their natural batting game. Rashid bowled very well and we did Bowl very well. Every England player knows their role within this team

You need to play smart cricket and the same boundaries and square of the wicket is where the short boundaries were 

168 is, as in is, the exact par score for Adelaide

1 minute ago, AllRoverAsia said:

To be fair the T20 game has moved on considerably from when some of those early scores were made, that contribute to that 'par' score. That outfield was lighting quick and a couple of the boundaries were on the shorter side. I fully expected India to get 200+ (and said so before a ball had been bowled) and had England had their full 20 overs they would have got 210/220, so I would agree with Chaddy on that one.

When England just attack from ball one we are either unplayable or lose heavily. Thankfully today was the former. Fingers crossed we get a Rovers/England double on Sunday.

5 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

When England just attack from ball one we are either unplayable or lose heavily. Thankfully today was the former. Fingers crossed we get a Rovers/England double on Sunday.

Hopefully, but bitter experience shows it's best to be cautious - unlike Chaddy's rose-tinted flag waving nonsense.

Which England and which Rovers will turn up? The ones that were so lame against Ireland or at Coventry or the teams that played so well today and at West Ham

England slaughtered the All Blacks in the rugby WC semi-final and were favourites to beat SA in the final but were absolutely dreadful. The same could happen on Sunday

That's why last night and today was so enjoyable. and why it's best not to expect the same in he next match

59 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

To be fair the T20 game has moved on considerably from when some of those early scores were made, that contribute to that 'par' score. That outfield was lighting quick and a couple of the boundaries were on the shorter side. I fully expected India to get 200+ (and said so before a ball had been bowled) and had England had their full 20 overs they would have got 210/220, so I would agree with Chaddy on that one.

Fair points.

I think it's essential that we get of to a good start from the first 3 batsmen. We theoretically bat deep but still have a mid order collapse in us.

I hope we win the toss v Pakistan and elect to bowl first, I think we and Pakistan for that matter are better when chasing.

I think England are odds on to win but anything can happen.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Silly post

England are just as capable of losing by 10 wickets

Sorry Jim, but the post wasn't silly at all cos you have a history of writing England off time after time. Maybe it's time you learn your lesson and write our England team and players off regularly like you do

2 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Hopefully, but bitter experience shows it's best to be cautious - unlike Chaddy's rose-tinted flag waving nonsense.

I will always back my country Football and cricket teams just like I always back Rovers every single time and It's not about having rose-tinted flag waving nonsense but being proud and passion about the England cricket team

2 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Which England and which Rovers will turn up? The ones that were so lame against Ireland or at Coventry or the teams that played so well today and at West Ham

Yet England are in the final of the T20 final after 3 very good performances and you instead want to focus on the one negative performance which doesn't surprise me tbh. 

3 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

The pitch was much better quality than 168 par score plus also far too much is made from the media on this bollocks of par scores on pitch. T

2 hours ago, matt83 said:

I fear it’s going to be 1992 all over again 

what sort of attitude is that? why can't it be like the 2019 world cup and the T20 champions like 2010 

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Sorry Jim, but the post wasn't silly at all cos you have a history of writing England off time after time. Maybe it's time you learn your lesson and write our England team and players off regularly like you do

I will always back my country Football and cricket teams just like I always back Rovers every single time and It's not about having rose-tinted flag waving nonsense but being proud and passion about the England cricket team

Yet England are in the final of the T20 final after 3 very good performances and you instead want to focus on the one negative performance which doesn't surprise me tbh. 

The pitch was much better quality than 168 par score plus also far too much is made from the media on this bollocks of par scores on pitch. T

what sort of attitude is that? why can't it be like the 2019 world cup and the T20 champions like 2010 

Gotta love your positivity Chaddy. I hope you’re happy on Sunday afternoon because if you are, then I most certainly will be. Come on Rovers and England!!!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

It was silly because England's sporting record is so poor and doesn't bear any relation to the cloud cuckoo-land you inhabit

1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

It was silly because England's sporting record is so poor and doesn't bear any relation to the cloud cuckoo-land you inhabit

We are talking Cricket and not other sports in this thread. 

Didn't we win the 2019 cricket world cup? I see to remember that happening. 

It's your behaviour of constantly writing off England cricket chances that worries me why you even bother support them or watching England games 

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

If you say so. You know it all.

19 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Australia 5 wins

India, West Indies 2 wins

England 1 win (first appearance in final in 27 years)

Abysmal

blimey I didn't know we were going so far back when its was 60 overs at the start of the world cup not 50 overs. Given that the quality of cricketers Australia have had they should have won it so many times. 

England now have the best quality we ever had to play the sort of white ball cricket we want to play, 

Also this is t20 world cup and we won it back 2010, and we have had 6 winners of the 7 tournaments played. 

17 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

If you say so. You know it all.

It's a personal opinion that the pitch was much better than India's batting shown. Buttler and Hales shown how good that pitch was. If you disagree fine by us. 

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

blimey I didn't know we were going so far back when its was 60 overs at the start of the world cup not 50 overs. Given that the quality of cricketers Australia have had they should have won it so many times.  

England's record is very poor. Glad you agree

The weather forecast isn't great for the final, sadly. I do hope it doesn't make a complete farce of it. They have extended the time allowed on the reserve day and altered the playing conditions slightly to try and avoid a 5 over thrash scenario but what a shame it will be if the weather spoils it. If they can't complete a ten overs per side match then we will be joint world champions.

• Like 1