BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

I have mixed feelings about this.

On the one hand I never expected us to get to the Final - we win at OT because it's a massive ground and suits our spinners, we never have the batsmen to blast teams away.

On the other hand to get yourself in that situation and throw it away is inexcusable. Embarrassing performance that - they can take no credit away from today.

Splitting hairs, but Lancs definitely ran two on the final ball. 

Stumps were broken at the bowlers end without the ball and Hartley makes it back.

They also changed the field off a free hit, which should've been another no ball.

Edited by Mellor Rover

I thought Matt Parkinson both very well in both games. He is class bowler. 

Very disappointed by losing the final but lets true be know we should have walk that total after being 1 down after 7 overs. 

Tim David was disappointment batting wise. I just think we miss having a quality batsman at 5 or 6. Maybe Something we look at. 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Ben Stokes is to retire from ODI after 1st ODI against South Africa. 

Harry Brook should replace him, Parkinson needs to replace Rashid and I would bring in Ben Duckett for Jason Roy. 

I would also look replacing Ali also over the 12 months. 

Replace Rashid? 
Rashid is a fantastic spin bowler. Can’t say I’ve been overly impressed with Parkinson for England 

Chaddy both Roy and Ali are match winners at white ball cricket. Why would you replace them? 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Replace Rashid? 
Rashid is a fantastic spin bowler. Can’t say I’ve been overly impressed with Parkinson for England 

Chaddy both Roy and Ali are match winners at white ball cricket. Why would you replace them? 

When was the last time that Jason Roy or Moeen Ali were match winners in a ODI game against a top 8 nation? 

Parkinson bowled very well in t20 finals day in both games and I would invest in him and a number of new players like Harry Brook, Ben Duckett, Will Smeed, Tom Banton, Callum Parkinson and Matt Parkinson. 

12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

When was the last time that Jason Roy or Moeen Ali were match winners in a ODI game against a top 8 nation? 

Parkinson bowled very well in t20 finals day in both games and I would invest in him and a number of new players like Harry Brook, Ben Duckett, Will Smeed, Tom Banton, Callum Parkinson and Matt Parkinson. 

Well we haven’t played a lot of ODI lately. Roy was brilliant against Sri Lanka last year. And Moeen Ali had a fantastic knock against India at Lords and that 70 in 20 odd balls against Windies in the t20, from recent memory 

Roy is a great white ball cricketer. I don’t get the rush to drop either. Both of them bring a lot to the team and have been part of a set up that has seen us win the World Cup. 
In fact, I’d say Roy getting injured in the t20 World Cup really put us on the back foot against New Zealand. 

Cricket is a game of opinions but I wouldn’t be dropping two of our better players just yet. 

Edited by Dreams of 1995
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Well we haven’t played a lot of ODI lately. Roy was brilliant against Sri Lanka last year. And Moeen Ali had a fantastic knock against India at Lords and that 70 in 20 odd balls against Windies in the t20, from recent memory 

Roy is a great white ball cricketer. I don’t get the rush to drop either. Both of them bring a lot to the team and have been part of a set up that has seen us win the World Cup. 
In fact, I’d say Roy getting injured in the t20 World Cup really put us on the back foot against New Zealand. 

Cricket is a game of opinions but I wouldn’t be dropping two of our better players just yet. 

Not talking about T20 cricket at all. I am talking ODI cricket. 

Where is the brilliant knocks against the India or Australia or New Zealand from Roy or Ali in one day international cricket in the last 2 years? 

20 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Not talking about T20 cricket at all. I am talking ODI cricket. 

Where is the brilliant knocks against the India or Australia or New Zealand from Roy or Ali in one day international cricket in the last 2 years? 

In the last two years we’ve played Sri Lanka, India twice and Pakistan in odi. Obviously not counting Netherlands in that 

Roy and Ali played well against Sri Lanka, especially Roy, and the first Indian series. They didn’t play against Pakistan which I think was due to Covid ? 

It’s only in the latest series vs india they haven’t performed 

It’s just been said that Roy and Bairstow reach 50 runs as an opening partnership over 50% of the time. Why would you disrupt that? 

• Like 1

Roy and Bairstow have done well again but failures for Stokes, Buttler and Livingstone and England heading for a likely defeat unless Root pulls something out of the bag. . I don't get Livingstone - send him back to Lancy

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

In the last two years we’ve played Sri Lanka, India twice and Pakistan in odi. Obviously not counting Netherlands in that 

Roy and Ali played well against Sri Lanka, especially Roy, and the first Indian series. They didn’t play against Pakistan which I think was due to Covid ? 

It’s only in the latest series vs india they haven’t performed 

It’s just been said that Roy and Bairstow reach 50 runs as an opening partnership over 50% of the time. Why would you disrupt that? 

Roy's shot yesterday was pathetic to be honest. Just have just follow it through but didn't. 

I think Ali bats one or 2 spots too high. 

I think we need some new players coming in this team now like Harry Brook, Ben Duckett or Joe Clarke, Matt Parkinson for 3 examples

Pace Bowlers wise we are more the good there. 

On 19/07/2022 at 21:09, AllRoverAsia said:

Livingstone, ruined as a cricketer by T20, IPL.

Now not level headed enough even for an ODI.

It’s so sad to witness his decline as a player whilst simultaneously becoming a household name. Before becoming a gun for hire his first class average was comfortably over 40 last time I checked it was in the 30s having barely played.

Still his bank balance will look good and he will still occasionally put some bowling attacks to the sword.

• Like 1

Really good win that for Lancs. Having got into an unlikely winning position yesterday it looked as though for all the money in the world Panicshire had reared their ugly head again yesterday evening and this morning once bohannon was out. But fair play to the cool heads of sundar and Williams.

We’ll drum that out of them soon enough 

• Like 2

For some reason we can’t be good at both tests and ODIs. For reasons I don’t understand we were imperious at white ball cricket and crap in tests, we tried playing white ball cricket in red ball and unfathomably worked, for now. Currently we can’t play white ball cricket. The irony.

“Moeen Ali is one of the most genuine cricketer I’ve ever seen.”  What the hell does that mean. Is genuine one of these new bullshit terms like batter we’re all meant to adopt without question. He’s genuinely one of the worst players I’ve ever seen. I don’t know but I’d be genuinely shocked if he averages above 30 with the bat in any format and below 30 with the ball. But class beard as far as beards go. 

Mark Butcher was talking yesterday about the decline of ODI’s, particularly in England. He thinks they will fold if the new 16.4 format takes a hold here. Watching some of our all formats players in ODI’s, they seem to be stuck between two stools. They are either playing like they are in a Test match or going totally gung ho like they are in a T20 game. The ECB will be happy if it goes as long as their new baby blossoms. As a country, we need to decide where our priorities lie. The future of Test cricket is also under threat due to the costs of hosting or sending a squad abroad. Only the top 6 can really afford to be involved, which means there is no point in the smaller cricketing countries creating a Test team and their better players will go to where the money is i.e. the IPL, Big Bash etc. leading to an overall decline in the game.

20 hours ago, matt83 said:

For some reason we can’t be good at both tests and ODIs. For reasons I don’t understand we were imperious at white ball cricket and crap in tests, we tried playing white ball cricket in red ball and unfathomably worked, for now. Currently we can’t play white ball cricket. The irony.

Lets wait and see how England new setup works cos the red ball team and white ball team is almost 2 separate squads and 2 head coaches now

3 hours ago, Riversider28 said:

Mark Butcher was talking yesterday about the decline of ODI’s, particularly in England. He thinks they will fold if the new 16.4 format takes a hold here. Watching some of our all formats players in ODI’s, they seem to be stuck between two stools. They are either playing like they are in a Test match or going totally gung ho like they are in a T20 game. The ECB will be happy if it goes as long as their new baby blossoms. As a country, we need to decide where our priorities lie. The future of Test cricket is also under threat due to the costs of hosting or sending a squad abroad. Only the top 6 can really afford to be involved, which means there is no point in the smaller cricketing countries creating a Test team and their better players will go to where the money is i.e. the IPL, Big Bash etc. leading to an overall decline in the game.

I do feel that the 50 over game over the world will be less and less played by countries and domestic here in the next 10 years. It will be test cricket and 20 over game being played most than not. 

• 2 weeks later...