BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Match abandoned. That’s what happens when you schedule a game on a school playing field with no artificial drainage and the outfield unable to drain. Plus all the equipment back at cricket clubs across Lancashire.

Its just an unfortunate irony probably could get a game on further south. I seem to say it all too often but hopefully the old school Yorkshire modern Cumbria school experiment is over. 

Edited by matt83

1 hour ago, matt83 said:

Match abandoned. That’s what happens when you schedule a game on a school playing field with no artificial drainage and the outfield unable to drain. Plus all the equipment back at cricket clubs across Lancashire.

Its just an unfortunate irony probably could get a game on further south. I seem to say it all too often but hopefully the old school Yorkshire modern Cumbria school experiment is over. 

That’s a little unfair matt83, it never stopped raining for around 12hrs, no ground in the country could have coped with that deluge to be honest. 

We ended up in The Lakes, absolutely cracking the flags, few pints of Loweswater Gold and steak n ale pie, lovely. 
https://www.kirkstile.com/

Edited by Gav

20 minutes ago, Gav said:

That’s a little unfair matt83, it never stopped raining for around 12hrs, no ground in the country could have coped with that deluge to be honest. 

We ended up in The Lakes, absolutely cracking the flags, few pints of Loweswater Gold and steak n ale pie, lovely. 

20 minutes ago, Gav said:

I didn’t see you Gav?

At Sedbergh I mean.

Edited by den

35 minutes ago, Gav said:

Except Liverpool cc apparently.

8F60EF56-3E0D-4E74-A9A4-26330FAFB340.png

oh I see what you mean the deluge up there. Fact is shouldn’t have been there in the first place. They are only there because certain executives progeny go/went there. 

Edited by matt83

50 minutes ago, den said:

I didn’t see you Gav?

At Sedbergh I mean.

We arrived here yesterday den, it was very clear to us this wasn’t going ahead, especially after they announced the first inspection (1.30pm) after early lunch, then it started to rain again, so we headed into the Lakes instead.

I’m kicking myself now, I should have PM’d you.

Edited by Gav

18 minutes ago, Gav said:

We arrived here yesterday den, it was very clear to us this wasn’t going ahead, especially after they announced the first inspection (1.30pm) after early lunch, then it started to rain again, so we headed into the Lakes instead.

I’m kicking myself now, I should have PM’d you.

We stayed till the end. At the 1:30 inspection when they said they would look again at 2:30 I assumed that given no more rain (which there wasn’t), they would likely make a start. Having said that, there were huge puddles at 10:30 and the ground was surrounded by low, damp, drizzly cloud. They probably got it right. Disappointing but interesting to see Sedbergh school. Went into the Queens Hall for free coffee once or twice. Beautiful place/area but I bet they get sick of the rainy days.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, den said:

We stayed till the end. At the 1:30 inspection when they said they would look again at 2:30 I assumed that given no more rain (which there wasn’t), they would likely make a start. Having said that, there were huge puddles at 10:30 and the ground was surrounded by low, damp, drizzly cloud. They probably got it right. Disappointing but interesting to see Sedbergh school. Went into the Queens Hall for free coffee once or twice. Beautiful place/area but I bet they get sick of the rainy days.

Yes we walked down through the school at the back of the pavilion and along the river, on the school itself, it should be nice with the fees they charge!

I’ll PM next time…

Ps - I said to Mrs ‘We missed den today, he was here for the cricket’ 

She said ‘I like den, he’s progressive, unlike you Gav’ 😤

WTF! 😂

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Gav said:

Yes we walked down through the school at the back of the pavilion and along the river, on the school itself, it should be nice with the fees they charge!

I’ll PM next time…

Ps - I said to Mrs ‘We missed den today, he was here for the cricket’ 

She said ‘I like den, he’s progressive, unlike you Gav’ 😤

WTF! 😂

I have a lot of respect for your missus - as you should know. Even more now.😊

• 2 weeks later...

The ECB are currently undergoing a performance review, inspired by Englands dismal efforts in the last ashes defeat. Rumours are that county cricket is going to be reduced to just 10 games in a season. Some/most members just don’t see how that can possibly benefit the game and believe that the hundred is the biggest threat to county cricket.

In response to criticism that the club aren’t taking members views into account, Lancs ccc organised a forum that took place before Wednesdays game against Worcs. 

It’s a really interesting meeting and worth listening to in my opinion. The challenges that counties and cricket in this country are spelled out quite well. It’s a long video and I watched it over two sessions. I understand more about the game now after watching this.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

I just seen quick highlights and not much he could do with the ball. 

The biggest problem right now is no first class cricket being played currently. So who is in form really to replace? 

I saw the full innings. He was a walking wicket. 

Crawley has an average in first class cricket of 29. A Test average of 26.

He has some decent shots in his locker, but he is nowhere near Test standard currently. He may come again after a year or two back in county cricket, but for now, enough is enough

• Like 1