BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The new era has begun, that was an outstanding test match, could be one of the best I've ever seen.

To give up over 500 in the first innings and still win is unheard of.

Stunning and those fans today watched it for free.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Gav said:

To give up over 500 in the first innings and still win is unheard of.

5th highest first innings total in a losing cause.

1st: Bangladesh 595 v nz

2nd: Australia 586 v England

3rd: Pakistan 574 v Australia

4th: Australia 556 v india

5th: New Zealand 553 v England

Also in terms of records most boundaries in a game with 250

• Like 2

Bairstow in his element today, flat track, soft ball, tired bowlers and a one-day run-chase slogfest. There's no one better when he's got his dander up. He has 9 Test hundreds but he's still not my idea of a Test match batsman, the type who can battle it out on a poor pitch and against the best bowlers.  

57 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Bairstow in his element today, flat track, soft ball, tired bowlers and a one-day run-chase slogfest. There's no one better when he's got his dander up. He has 9 Test hundreds but he's still not my idea of a Test match batsman, the type who can battle it out on a poor pitch and against the best bowlers.  

Yeah Bairstow and Stokes were in their element today. Hit out or get out. That’s their game. We need a batsman or two in the line up that can hang around in those games were you’re in a losing position and you need to grind out a draw.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Yeah Bairstow and Stokes were in their element today. Hit out or get out. That’s their game. We need a batsman or two in the line up that can hang around in those games were you’re in a losing position and you need to grind out a draw.

Like in the 1st innings you mean when NZ posted over 500?

The first test was low scoring due to the pitch and conditions, the ball was swinging round corners for both side, no batting line-up in the world could have scored 500 on that in first innings, this test was high scoring for the same reason, pitch and conditions.

The England batting has been woeful for far to long and hasn't been fixed over night, but the way in which we went about winning this game should give us all hope moving forward, a superb advert for test match cricket.

‘Hit out or get out’ isn’t Stokes’ game at all. He’s excellent at gauging the conditions and state of the game and batting accordingly.

Think of the Ashes Headingley Test, he scored three runs from his first 75 balls before he upped it as he batted with the tail.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

There is must far to each of the game actually. 

Just look at Stokes in 2019 Ashes or World Cup final inning as examples of taking his time and playing the situation. 

You got Lees and Root who can do that. Plus Foakes. 

I thought it was great to hear Bairstow refusing to be drawn into the Root Era was a disaster/ Stokes Era is wonderful rhetoric that the commentators were trying to push.  Root had it very hard as captain with all the Covid bubbles and so on and Bairstow rightly acknowledged this

• Like 5

57 minutes ago, gumboots said:

I thought it was great to hear Bairstow refusing to be drawn into the Root Era was a disaster/ Stokes Era is wonderful rhetoric that the commentators were trying to push.  Root had it very hard as captain with all the Covid bubbles and so on and Bairstow rightly acknowledged this

Good to see you @gumboots hope all is well with you and the family.

45 minutes ago, matt83 said:

Another day another incredible finish to a game. Not quite the fireworks of Trent Bridge but Lancs at edgbaston had a very similar equation. Warwickshire favourites at lunch, draw favourite at tea, Lancs win. 

Given the international absentees, that is an astonishing win. Even at tea, the only team with a realistic chance of winning was Warwickshire. Amazing 🙂🌹🌹🌹

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

How Brendon McCullum changed the culture of England cricket - in just two weeks (msn.com)

great insight into what McCullum has changed in his small time here

They enjoyed themselves and went for a kebab after the match to celebrate ..... do a few paragraphs count as "great insight"??

I'll carry on reading Steve James in the Times thanks. He's an ex-pro and discusses batting techniques. 

8 hours ago, gumboots said:

All is well thanks. Just needed time away from here as I got more and more disillusioned with results and performances

I know this is a cricket topic, but as we have @gumboots posting in here.

Did you get to Sale Sharks? Not a bad season on the whole I felt.