BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

4 minutes ago, Gav said:

Well done to Aussies, best team in the world and at times they've showed it, despite trying to cheat.

For all the critics of bazball, here is the scorecard from the last England test innings before the Bazball revolution.

West Indies won by 10wkts

I can’t wait to go back to those halcyon days, can you…..

IMG_0242.thumb.png.eb6ce32ce72e29e846ecb847d340827e.png

And here are England's previous results from the last 5 home Ashes series. The 'Bazball revolution' is on the cusp of delivering a first loss at home to Australia in 22 years.

image.png.eb72c8677354d1ebd25d992157e10bc0.png

8 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

They can only play the cards they're dealt - they haven't been dealt many top-class Test players.

Only Root would get in the Aussie XI.

We lose this series to a thumping (and remember we haven’t even lost at all for 22 years) and it’s a failure of the tactics promoted by the coach and captain. It’s a results business (even if those two think it isn’t). 

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

Just now, Mattyblue said:

We lose this series to a thumping and it’s a failure of tactics.

Agree to disagree.

They're comfortably the best Test team in the world. They've narrowly beaten us twice. If we played more traditional cricket they'd thump us.

13 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Agree to disagree.

They're comfortably the best Test team in the world. They've narrowly beaten us twice. If we played more traditional cricket they'd thump us.

Not true

The likes of Boycott, Barrington, Barber, Edrich, Graveney, Bailey would have batted right through today and saved the game.

18 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

We lose this series to a thumping (and remember we haven’t even lost at all for 22 years) and it’s a failure of the tactics promoted by the coach and captain. It’s a results business (even if those two think it isn’t). 

Spot on matey .... and it's not often you owt right

43 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

We haven’t lost an Ashes series at home for 22 years, if we do so this time it is a failure of the captain and coach. That surely is unarguable?

Ha, ha, are you serious?

This Aussie team are, Root excepted, man for man much better than England.

I'm amazed we have got close to them twice. It's the worst bowling attack in 50+ years. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

They have won 11 of 13 Tests since Brendon McCullum and Ben Stokes took over, including a historic win in Pakistan, results have been superb.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Gav said:

They have won 11 of 13 Tests since Brendon McCullum and Ben Stokes took over, including a historic win in Pakistan, results have been superb.

What’s that got to do with this series? Credit where it’s due, criticism where it’s due, that’s professional sport.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

And now they have lost 3 in a row.

"Superb" 🙄 

Bazball is in trial now. The other lot think it's nonsense and their media find it funny. 

At the moment it's losing cricket... and that's what matters

12 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

What’s that got to do with this series? Credit where it’s due, criticism where it’s due, that’s professional sport.

You said it’s a results business, those are the results under coach and captain.

This series isn’t done with yet Matty.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gav said:

You said it’s a results business, those are the results under coach and captain.

This series isn’t done with yet.

Only one side have ever come back from 2-0 to win and they had Bradman and won arguably the greatest test ever to start the comeback. It's still plausible that England could draw the series but the chances of winning 3 in a row to get the urn back are very very slim.

I’m going to Old Trafford, so I hope you’re right, but only Don Bradman’s side (in 1937) has overseen a comeback from 2-0 down in the history of the Ashes. So it’s looking very unlikely.

*Ha great minds Ewood Ace!

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

They can only play the cards they're dealt - they haven't been dealt many top-class Test players.

Only Root would get in the Aussie XI.

While I wholeheartedly agree with your general sentiment I think you are stretching it to suggest that Stokes wouldn’t get in as well.

With one or two other borderline choices. Carey has had a good series behind the stumps notwithstanding his cheating today, but I think if Foakes were an Aussie he would be in their side too (I know we didn’t pick him but we should have).

11 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

I’m going to Old Trafford, so I hope you’re right, but only Don Bradman’s side (in 1937) has overseen a comeback from 2-0 down in the history of the Ashes. So it’s looking very unlikely.

*Ha great minds Ewood Ace!

We currently have the most exciting test team in the world, anything is possible as Stokes almost showed today and did show a few years ago at Headingley.

Keep the faith.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

The likes of players we don't currently have.

They used to queue to get out when Boycott was batting, not queue to get in….

Edited by Gav
  • Like 2