BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

6 hours ago, 47er said:

Deserved a double century Crawley. And to think me and a few others were calling for his head a while back!

Hands up I was one of them mate. I think we just have to accept that there are risks involved with being so positive and openers are especially vulnerable. But when it comes off, my goodness!!

• Like 2

They’ve accepted that Crawley will have a fair few poor innings as around the corner is a match winning one. Playing the percentages and all that, Baz and Stokes are obviously more data driven than they let on!

I’m off there shortly… at least I chose Friday, Saturdays forecast! 😩

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

They’ve accepted that Crawley will have a fair few poor innings as around the corner is a match winning one. Playing the percentages and all that, Baz and Stokes are obviously more data driven than they let on!

I’m off there shortly… at least I chose Friday, Saturdays forecast! 😩

I hope you enjoy your day.

1 hour ago, AllRoverAsia said:

This version I like. Over 5 RPO by controlled aggression and not madness.

Bat on for 30 minutes, get past 200 and declare. Or bat on aggressively until Bairstow is out but at least past 200.

Personally I would have declared at lunch. I can unfortunately see a scenario whereby the weather stops us with the convicts 6 or 7 down in their second innings. 

49 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Personally I would have declared at lunch. I can unfortunately see a scenario whereby the weather stops us with the convicts 6 or 7 down in their second innings. 

I really thought that's what would happen but preferred a few more runs . Bairstow was simply superb and Jimmy played a big part. But maybe we've batted a bit to long with what's incoming.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1

Baitstow is one of the  main reasons we’re 2-1 down in this series when we should be ahead. If this Test is washed out and the Ashes gone his contribution today will be forgotten. Bairstow is still on the  naughty step 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Johnny, it's a lovely story that you've got back to playing Test cricket and I'm pleased those worse outcome scenarios didn't transpire - but that doesn't mean I'll overlook how bad you are behind the stumps. 

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

another excellent day for England. Bairstow shown exactly why Stokes and McCullum backed him time after time. 

Spot on chaddy, you called it right a while back.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 1

According to weather.com it's going to piss down all day long. I do hope the Weather Gods change their minds.

Somewhat ironically I am currently watching a documentary on animal survival in the Hoanib Valley, Namibia

Screenshot_20230722-141506.png

Edited by AllRoverAsia