BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

• Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

and here come the critics who will complain about England's style of play but without that we wouldn't' have got 5 days of entertaining cricket and the cricket public. 

Stokes and McCullum have committed to playing this style and I expect them to continue to do this

Just because they’ve committed to it, doesn’t mean it’s the right thing to do. As we lost, it obviously hasn’t worked, has it?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gav said:

Spot on chaddy, don’t forget WINNING cricket too.

Stokes record speaks for itself: 

Ten wins in 12 as captain, famous victories over New Zealand, India, South Africa and Pakistan, all through a style of play in his image, underlined Stokes' worth as a captain. The individuals and the team have not just mimicked his approach to cricket but also his approach to all of them.

Lost his last two though both due to reckless arrogant decisions from him.  

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

improve our fielding and stop balling no-balls and we will win and get the Ashes back

the person blaming bazball is people like you which we all know was coming if we lost the first test. instead of actually looking at the game objective and the proper and real reason is our failure to take our chances like Bairstow's miss stumping or Broad's no ball

Nothing to do with the fact that we tossed off the chance of gaining another 40 or 50 crucial runs ? This Bazball is bollocks but they are trying to make a virtue out of a necessity. In other words they play like that because they’ve played so much one day tip and run stuff they can’t play real 5 day test cricket. It’s all they know.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

You don't think that the shots played by Bairstow & Ali in the first innings and by Brook and Root in the second innings were reckless?

I don't think Root or Brook were reckless at all. Bairstow and Root misjudged the ball. Brook tried to play a similar shot to one he previous play. Ali was nowhere near the ball so you call it reckless if you want. I would call it stupid to come down the wicket to that ball 

Bitterly disappointing. I know who and what I’m blaming for the defeat but still had chances to sort it.

Lancs also didn’t cover themselves in glory this evening in the t20 reverting to their own style of spazball. Not least of all with 2 and a half overs to go and we send in Hartley ahead of Livingstone. 

Edited by matt83

6 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Just because they’ve committed to it, doesn’t mean it’s the right thing to do. As we lost, it obviously hasn’t worked, has it?

10 wins in 12 games under Stokes means it does work and is working. Our biggest problem was poor fielding and not taking our catches. nothing to do with the way we batting

3 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Nothing to do with the fact that we tossed off the chance of gaining another 40 or 50 crucial runs ? This Bazball is bollocks but they are trying to make a virtue out of a necessity. In other words they play like that because they’ve played so much one day tip and run stuff they can’t play real 5 day test cricket. It’s all they know.

we could have got 50 runs or 2 runs. we does don't know. 

But I find quite fascinating that you, Ewood Ace, Jim or K-Hod are actually looking at the real reason why we lost this test and it was not taking your catches/stumping plus taking wickets on no balls

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

10 wins in 12 games under Stokes means it does work and is working. Our biggest problem was poor fielding and not taking our catches. nothing to do with the way we batting

But I find quite fascinating that you, Ewood Ace, Jim or K-Hod are actually looking at the real reason why we lost this test and it was not taking your catches/stumping plus taking wickets on no balls

Ask Joe Root if he was happy with how he got out in the second innings. In the first innings he was seeing the ball as big as a grapefruit and the Aussies were tripping over their tongues running in to bowl and we declared !

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

It's not some sort of hindsight from me I criticised the declaration on Friday. But on the wicket keeping front I have always believed that you play your best wicket keeper but I don't suppose that Ben Foakes striking at less than 50 in test match cricket fits the current brand of cricket that you are championing. And funnily enough you agreed with dropping Foakes.

On 15/06/2023 at 19:40, chaddyrovers said:

on Foakes yes very harsh but Bairstow's batting is needed for me. None of the top 7 are droppable for me

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
17 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I find it fascinating that the obvious is right in front of you and you’re completely blind to it, in all honesty.

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Lost his last two though both due to reckless arrogant decisions from him.  

Dropped catches lost us this test, his record as captain is outstanding.

50 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

I find it fascinating that the obvious is right in front of you and you’re completely blind to it, in all honesty.

Really? 🤔

33 minutes ago, Gav said:

Dropped catches lost us this test, 

Exactly Gav as I said repeatedly tonight 

1 hour ago, Ewood Ace said:

It's not some sort of hindsight from me I criticised the declaration on Friday.

Wasn't the problem in this test. 

1 hour ago, Ewood Ace said:

But on the wicket keeping front I have always believed that you play your best wicket keeper but I don't suppose that Ben Foakes striking at less than 50 in test match cricket fits the current brand of cricket that you are championing. And funnily enough you agreed with dropping Foakes.

Bairstow's batting was good in the test. Took a great catch he did but miss other opportunities. 

Top 6 picks itself so it's between Bairstow or Foakes? Bairstow is the better overall player..

31 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Bairstow's batting was good in the test. Took a great catch he did but miss other opportunities. 

Top 6 picks itself so it's between Bairstow or Foakes? Bairstow is the better overall player..

No Chaddy. When you look at Bairstow's runs you have to factor in the 3 errors he made behind the stumps.

Would have made the difference. If Bairstow remains  it should be as a batter.

Similarly, anyone not regretting Stoke's declaration now? 50 more runs and we could have won! Stupid.

1 hour ago, 47er said:

No Chaddy. When you look at Bairstow's runs you have to factor in the 3 errors he made behind the stumps.

Fair enough..

1 hour ago, 47er said:

To replace who in the top 6? 

1 hour ago, 47er said:

Similarly, anyone not regretting Stoke's declaration now? 50 more runs and we could have won! Stupid.

Or if Board didn't ball that No-ball

7 hours ago, 47er said:

Stokes declared with a view to the weather on day 2, which were overcast conditions throughout the morning and England took 3 wickets, left Aussies on 64/3, job done and for me shows the declaration was the right decision. 

What happened after that, Moeen injury and shelving 5 excellent chances did for us, not the declaration in my opinion 47er.

Edited by Gav

50 minutes ago, Gav said:

Stokes declared with a view to the weather on day 2, which were overcast conditions throughout the morning and England took 3 wickets, left Aussies on 64/3, job done and for me shows the declaration was the right decision. 

What happened after that, Moeen injury and shelving 5 excellent chances did for us, not the declaration in my opinion 47er.

Fair enough, it is all about opinions. Mine is that the two biggest factors in our loss were 1)dropping Foakes 2) declaring on the first day when Root was slaughtering them.

Having said that I enjoyed the game tremendously just not the result!

7 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Fair enough..

To replace who in the top 6? 

Or if Board didn't ball that No-ball

All fair points Chaddy. As for who Bairstow could replace----possibly Duckett? Or possibly not picked at all.

Broad's mistake cost us one wicket. Bairstow's 3 or even 4.

Games at this level rest on very slender margins, Aussies are ruthless.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 47er said:

Fair enough, it is all about opinions. Mine is that the two biggest factors in our loss were 1)dropping Foakes 2) declaring on the first day when Root was slaughtering them.

Having said that I enjoyed the game tremendously just not the result!

It’s all about winning - nothing else. Same with Rovers - losing but “playing well”. That’s what losers say

I don’t see how anyone could enjoy what happened at Birmingham yesterday.

Anyway we move on and hope Stokes doesn’t make any more stupid decisions and the coach reins in the Bazball stuff for a more pragmatic hard nosed approach 

Bairstow should lose the gloves after that dire showing but probably won’t 

44 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

It’s all about winning - nothing else. Same with Rovers - losing but “playing well”. That’s what losers say

I don’t see how anyone could enjoy what happened at Birmingham yesterday.

Anyway we move on and hope Stokes doesn’t make any more stupid decisions and the coach reins in the Bazball stuff for a more pragmatic hard nosed approach 

Bairstow should lose the gloves after that dire showing but probably won’t 

I don’t think they can reign in the “ Bazball “ Jim. It’s all they know.

2 hours ago, 47er said:

All fair points Chaddy. As for who Bairstow could replace----possibly Duckett? Or possibly not picked at all.

Broad's mistake cost us one wicket. Bairstow's 3 or even 4.

Games at this level rest on very slender margins, Aussies are ruthless.

Bairstow is in for his runs mainly, he cost us this time around with the gloves, no doubt about that, but the best place to get back to match fitness is in the middle for me, but I do fully accept its a risk. 

Will he be picked for Lords is the question. 

11 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Bairstow despite scoring nearly 100 runs in the match had a negative net contribution with his missed stumping of Green on 0 drop of Carey on 26 in the first innings and his failure to even attempt to catch Khawaja on 1 in the second innings.

Bairstow is a good batsman but he isn't a very good wicket keeping if you think he should keep fine but then don't be surprised when he misses chances that a better keeper would take and then use it as an excuse.

• Like 2