BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Guest Norbert

Root should take the place of someone like Bairstow if Carberry starts. No point having two wicket keepers in the team when neither are Gilchrist with the bat.

Root should take the place of someone like Bairstow if Carberry starts. No point having two wicket keepers in the team when neither are Gilchrist with the bat.

Agreed.

Heard only 4 days more prep for England before 1st test. Enough time?

As for Australia surely Chadd Sayers has bowled his way into the side for Brisbane, but no doubt instead of giving a call up to state's cricket best bowler last season and the man who has just bowled his team to a fantastic shield victory CA will go back to Mitchell Johnson who has never and will never be good enough for test cricket and bowled poorly in the same game as Sayers at the W.A.C.A.

Guest Norbert

Johnson is too erratic. Like Harmison, he's only brilliant on really fast, hard pitches that allow you to bully the batsman. However, he's not as good as Harmison. And the barmy army will work their magic on his confidence.

• 2 weeks later...

Neekoy, in all my days in Australia, I've never understood why they have the first test in Brisbane.

It's generally wet in November/December.

Should put the first Test in Darwin, followed a week later by Hobart.

For my part I've never understood why we have the Football World Cup in extreme tempeartures. USA / Italy / Mexico etc made little sense but Qatar just takes the bloody biscuit!

Guest Norbert

For my part I've never understood why we have the Football World Cup in extreme tempeartures. USA / Italy / Mexico etc made little sense but Qatar just takes the bloody biscuit!

In 150 or so years time, a robot Sep Blatter will award it to somewhere like Venus or Greenland. And not because some briefcases full of money have exchanged hands of course ;)

Neekoy, in all my days in Australia, I've never understood why they have the first test in Brisbane.

It's generally wet in November/December.

Should put the first Test in Darwin, followed a week later by Hobart.

What? Darwin? Hobart?

Start in Perth then Adelaide..on to Melbourne..skip Sydney then head to Brisbane and back south to Hobart

Edited by SouthAussieRover

Both sides will be happy with that first day, England will be frustrated that they let Australia off the at 132-6. Australia will be annoyed that all of the top six got themselves out to poor shots instead off getting out to good bowling, however they will know that any score of around 300 is a good score and puts you firmly in the test match.

Edited by somersetrover