BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Everton - the "Prestige Friendly"

Yes because Venkys products are readily available to buy in East Lancashire aren't they and had I seen an ad I would have rushed out to buy some

Are you some kind of tit or do you just pretend ?

I was mentioning it because last season there were Venkys signs around the ground, not just on the Riverside which has obviously has a new sponsor and not just on the electronic signs which were'nt in use yesterday. I just thought it was a bit odd ? But then again you may notice this if you ever ventured to the ground you clever gimp !

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was mentioning it because last season there were Venkys signs around the ground, not just on the Riverside which has obviously has a new sponsor and not just on the electronic signs which were'nt in use yesterday. I just thought it was a bit odd ?

It's an interesting point. Another sign (excuse the pub) perhaps that they aren't quite as keen as they used to be?

With Singh seemingly stepping out of the limelight, things seem very quiet on the owner communications front. It'll be interesting to see if Mercer's non-bet/prediction/painting-a-picture with Abs comes off.

Another observation from yesterday, some of the stewards were hijab wearing young Asian women. Good job there wasn't any trouble

As were some of then serving ale etc on the BBE. Quite ironic really.

What difference does it make from the young non-Asian wearing women we've had all these years?

You don't really need an explanation do you?

Take your blinkers off and have another look. Lowe broke up numerous attacks of theirs which is why he's in the team. He's not there to spray 50 yard passes around (which he actually did a couple of times).

The levels of ignorance on this board are astounding.

It's strange how two people can watch the same match and see two completely different things. He did no such thing imo and had no influence on the match whatsoever. I think he touched the ball about 3 times in the first half, one was his shot over the bar which you might argue he should have done better with and another was when he received the ball just inside Everton's half with ample time to turn and start an attack, instead he stumbled over the ball resulting in him nearly losing possession and having to desperately play a back pass to Kean from the half way line.

Marrow was no better, if not worse. On yesterday's evidence we need either to bring in at least one midfielder before next weekend, or we need at least one of Dunn Etuhu or Williamson fit. Does anyone know how near or how far they are away from being available?

There was only ONE positive to come out of this game for me yesterday, and its a good start, and that was the form of young goalkeeper Jake Kean thought he was absolutely magnificent. Rovers man of the match by a million miles over his colleagues.

Sadly, the reaction of fans to Gary is all so predictable. The guy has no money to spend, is forced to reduce the wage bill and has to settle for free transfers to try to rebuild a club that has been destroyed over the past few years. Sadly, Gary hasn't got a chance with some fans but, fortunately, the majority realise the problems he is faced with and will hopefully get behind him. Nobody can expect promotion in the present circumstances but it won't stop some from moaning night and day. I think everybody realises that the squad is not the best and that this season will be about trying to bring some stability back to the club. Gary has always impressed me when working with the Academy and the Reserves and given time and support by the owners I have no doubt he will achieve that stability. A season of mid-table football may not be enticing for some but under the circumstances it is the best we can hope for. Surely, now is the time for supporters to get behind Gary and the team. It's always easy to support during good times but it's at times like this that the club need the supporters.

I agree that it is ridiculously early to be criticising GB. Let's wait and see where we are after ten games of the proper action. Then we should be able to see whether or not we are moving in the right sort of direction.

I disagree completely this season is about mid table consolidation, or that we are now part of a five year project etc. Not saying we should definitely be going up with the current squad or anything but we need to at least have a reasonable crack at promotion even if only via the play offs. If team's like Hull, Palace and Cardiff can do it, so can we. It's about consistency as much as quality in this League.

I really don't understand why that was our problem. Everton should have been made to play in a plain kit.

The reason was, that Everton were departing for USA (i think was the destination) straight after the game and they had already sent over their away kits, therefore it was arranged 72 hours before the game that they could wear their away strip. Quite ironic really, as it was a home game in some ways for them.

I thought the reason Rovers played in their red away strip was to keep the lads focused on passing to red players at Derby next week.

Just imagine winning that game and then passing to the Forest players at Ewood. :rock:

Ok shoot me down but if a pre season is a 'friendly' isn't it a gesture to let the visitors wear their home kit ?

Does it really matter there was so few Rovers fans on that Everton looked, played and where supported as if they were the home team.

Ok shoot me down but if a pre season is a 'friendly' isn't it a gesture to let the visitors wear their home kit ?

A little bit too much store being placed on the colour of our kit ffs, considering the state of our team and apparent inexperienced management.

Apologies if this has already been answered but why did Kilgallon go off when Everton ran rings round Josh Morris second half.

I assume Bowyer wanted to see who performed the better therefore, gave them a half each to prove themselves one final time before the season opener.

Would be stupidity from GB if Morris starts ahead of Kilgallon at LB.

Does it really matter there was so few Rovers fans on that Everton looked, played and where supported as if they were the home team.

Only asking a question ! It is depressing though that you couldn't get near the bar in the Cow for Chang Beer shirts when it's your home town. Have to say though they were all good natured

Only asking a question ! It is depressing though that you couldn't get near the bar in the Cow for Chang Beer shirts when it's your home town. Have to say though they were all good natured

Thought the big thing that stood out about the Everton kit was the large white band around the edge of the sleeve other than that the merseyside football crowds tend to be generally a lot better than the greater Manchester football crowds.

Same in the Fox and Hounds which had a large notice outside, "Home fans only".

Same in the Fox and Hounds which had a large notice outside, "Home fans only".

Waste of time. Everybody knows that rules don't apply to scousers.

btw they've had Chang as shirt sponsors for a hell of a long time haven't they? Dunno how one would find this out but I'd wager they are the longest Prem club shirt sponsor.

Archived