BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ben Marshall

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting signing. Fits the pattern of young player lots to prove, experience at championship level. Was good enough to keep his place in the team all of last season when they got into playoffs. No doubt there is ability and potential, but fell out with Pearson it seems.

Could be a good signing if Bowyer gets him motivated and confident. Weve got such a young team now.....

Top signing. Absolute bargain. Don't know what Leicester are playing at getting rid of him. He may be inconsistent but he's 21 so it's to be expected. He's a match winner and will easily be worth more than £1m in a season or 2.

Dare I say Bowyer is actually building a very talented young team.

Would he be able to play in the 'Rochina role?'

If you mean a prancing showpony who flatters to deceive and most of the time is as much use as a chocolate fireguard, I would hope Marshall is much better than that.

Just out of interest, has anyone else noticed that all the signings are British? Also there was only one non Brit in last Saturday's starting line up.

I wonder if there is any significance or just merely a coincidence.

Personally would love to see more of Nunes in this squad. I doubt there's any significance to the all-brit coincidence, more likely that Bowyer is playing more of his choices than anything.

Top signing. Absolute bargain. Don't know what Leicester are playing at getting rid of him. He may be inconsistent but he's 21 so it's to be expected. He's a match winner and will easily be worth more than £1m in a season or 2.

Dare I say Bowyer is actually building a very talented young team.

I agree that Marshall is very good signing. He needs a manager to use his talent and skills.

We do have a very talented young team now.

Just out of interest, has anyone else noticed that all the signings are British? Also there was only one non Brit in last Saturday's starting line up.

I wonder if there is any significance or just merely a coincidence.

all signings apart from Songo'o. 11 out of the 12 signings are British.

I think Bowyer wants a squad with mostly British background. I also think this is the right way to build a squad for the championship that is very demanded league

It's a very small thing, but I reckon a near-all-Brit squad would probably work harder and possibly have more experience of the English way of playing?

Lazy stereotypes. Akin to the 1960s West Indians can only play with the sun on their backs and continental players don't like hard tackles.

Archived