BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers balance sheet

rovers11

cretin me hahahaha im trembling hahahaha

To be honest Abbey, yeh you've appeared like a cretin of late.

I've been the same as you in the past and made a complete tit of myself on here in the past after a few beers and regret it the day after.

But you learn, hopefully.

Without blowing hot air up your arse, I think your tactile knowledge of both the English Language and all things Rovers are missed on here.

Why Broncos btw?

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I give up, sensible, consenting adults, who expect their point of view to be taken seriously by multimillion pound multinationals and then get disgruntled when they are ignored.

Have a think about why that may be, FFS.

Well before the @#/? really hit the fan, I tried to arrange a meeting in Pune through a friend (Indian guy who was the plant manager of a multi national company that I worked for in the area) who still does business in Pune, Mumbai and Nashik, as soon as the Raos or their reps found out I was from Blackburn, blanked!

I was on the verge of flying out at my expense to put certain points to them, then the Pune 9 went to the pavilion in the hills outside Pune with a golden opportunity to engage with the Raos, some of the party made some good points (which I think they now acknowledge have been ignored) and some bottled it.

So it is no defence to big up the Raos as multi million pound business people who should not be disturbed by less affluent individuals, lets not forget who built their business for them

Well before the kean really hit the fan, I tried to arrange a meeting in Pune through a friend (Indian guy who was the plant manager of a multi national company that I worked for in the area) who still does business in Pune, Mumbai and Nashik, as soon as the Raos or their reps found out I was from Blackburn, blanked!

I was on the verge of flying out at my expense to put certain points to them, then the Pune 9 went to the pavilion in the hills outside Pune with a golden opportunity to engage with the Raos, some of the party made some good points (which I think they now acknowledge have been ignored) and some bottled it.

So it is no defence to big up the Raos as multi million pound business people who should not be disturbed by less affluent individuals, lets not forget who built their business for them

That wasn't my intention Yoda as you well know. They are what you eluded to though, like it or not.

The reason for my involvement in the conversation was an effort to try stop influential posters and supporters knocking spots off one another and providing ammunition and sport for all those that don't hold BRFC close to their heart. I hope you think about it..

TBH it's this sort of low level sniping that will probably drive them out .... and us under.

this is what started things off, what a daft post.

"don't ridicule Venky's 'cos if they leave, we've had it" seems to be the sentiment. Completely laughable.

You're an apologist for a regime that's taking this football club down the toilet. But at least you got a freebie jolly-up out of it.

this is what started things off, what a daft post.

"don't ridicule Venky's 'cos if they leave, we've had it" seems to be the sentiment. Completely laughable.

You're an apologist for a regime that's taking this football club down the toilet. But at least you got a freebie jolly-up out of it.

Did you enjoy the game on Saturday Bryan .... Ewood looked resplendent don't you think in the late summer sunshine? ....

What's that? You didn't go?! ..... Perhaps you went mental with us at the Turf the week before .... No? Suffered with us at the Keepmoat perhaps ...... maybe ...... is that a no?

Don't talk to me about supporting this club faker.

Did you enjoy the game on Saturday Bryan .... Ewood looked resplendent don't you think in the late summer sunshine? ....

What's that? You didn't go?! ..... Perhaps you went mental with us at the Turf the week before .... No? Suffered with us at the Keepmoat perhaps ...... maybe ...... is that a no?

Don't talk to me about supporting this club faker.

ah, we're back to the "if you didn't go, you don't have an opinion" thing again.

Try attacking the argument and not the man. I wasn't talking about supporting the club, but I guess you think wearing a little toy watch, polyester tie and going to the games will stave off this club going to the wall.

Just for the record, my account of ES's performance in Pune came from himself. I'm not going to look it up but anyone is free to. You'll find I'm correct.

Noteworthy that ES avoided that issue like the plague. I've raised it before by the way, its hardly news.

ah, we're back to the "if you didn't go, you don't have an opinion" thing again.

Try attacking the argument and not the man. I wasn't talking about supporting the club, but I guess you think wearing a little toy watch, polyester tie and going to the games will stave off this club going to the wall.

Ok you want me to attack the argument ... fine. I have asked before and I will ask again .... Who will take over the running of this club if the Rao's left tomorrow?

Do you think the Trust is the answer? .... I know some of the top people at the Trust and they are all good guys. No doubt they would have a role to play as a 'safety-net' should the worst happen. But don't kid yourself ... any club run in such a way would be unrecognisable from what it has been for the last 138 years. More FC United than say Fulham. There is no way that the money pit that is Ewood could be maintained to host matches. The academy and Brockhall would soon become distant memories. We would lose the very things that give us 'an edge' over our peer group.

Perhaps you know of alternative potential owners who would be happy to lose money 'hand over fist'? .... because I sure as hell don't.

My opinion of the Rao's is that they have been lead a merry dance by an unscrupulous agent .... somebody who won their confidence and promised them the 'moon on a stick'. More fool them for listening .... you may say ... and I'm sure in hindsight they would agree.

So to sum-up I think any attempt to force the current owners out without a viable Plan B amounts to suicide of the club. It is that simple.

How could the owners just up and leave tomorrow?

My knowledge of corporate ownership is perhaps somewhat hazy, but they cannot just stop owning the club unless they sold it on or wound it up. They've shown absolutely no inclination to sell despite the avalanche of brickbats (and snowballs) that have come their way. They're losing money hand-over-fist, so my contention is that it seems seems more likely that Venky's will be the death of the club than its salvation.

So to criticise someone for posting a picture of Balaji with his boob out (which could already have been available on the internet) because we're better off with Venky's and mustn't upset them seems a bizarre, almost toadying, attitude

And if Venky's wound the club up, that would be because they didn't want to keep losing cash hand over fist. Not because someone made Balaji look a right tit. Or perhaps, left tit.

Ok you want me to attack the argument ... fine. I have asked before and I will ask again .... Who will take over the running of this club if the Rao's left tomorrow?

Do you think the Trust is the answer? .... I know some of the top people at the Trust and they are all good guys. No doubt they would have a role to play as a 'safety-net' should the worst happen. But don't kid yourself ... any club run in such a way would be unrecognisable from what it has been for the last 138 years. More FC United than say Fulham. There is no way that the money pit that is Ewood could be maintained to host matches. The academy and Brockhall would soon become distant memories. We would lose the very things that give us 'an edge' over our peer group.

Perhaps you know of alternative potential owners who would be happy to lose money 'hand over fist'? .... because I sure as hell don't.

My opinion of the Rao's is that they have been lead a merry dance by an unscrupulous agent .... somebody who won their confidence and promised them the 'moon on a stick'. More fool them for listening .... you may say ... and I'm sure in hindsight they would agree.

So to sum-up I think any attempt to force the current owners out without a viable Plan B amounts to suicide of the club. It is that simple.

I 110% endorse everything you have said.

I don't always agree with the likes of Abbey, Den, Blue and White Rover et al but I enjoy their imput. Got to say, even Longsiders talks sense, he must have got the brain cell when it was dished out in 1979.

Ah well. The art to posting, is to post things that some agree with and some don't. Anything else is just a waste of time.

Sadly, I think you capture the Catch-22 situation that we now find ourselves in. Without the money that the Rao's put in the club are in serious financial trouble. However, that doesn't alter the fact that the Rao family will never be accepted or welcomed by the supporters of the club. They have done far too much damage to the club for that to happen.

Ah well. The art to posting, is to post things that some agree with and some don't. Anything else is just a waste of time.

Fully endorsed by Aristotle!

I'm going for a lie down, the news that the idiot is back on the scene has really taken its toll.

Our owners really can't have a @#/? clue, I despair!

I 110% endorse everything you have said.

Well----no change there then. That means you accept ES's belief that if Raos decided to sell, no-one else would buy the club.

Now that is BS! Just because we don't know them, doesn't mean they don't exist. The 2 Ians would be in for a start.

Don't fall for this crap that its Venkys or closure.

Well----no change there then. That means you accept ES's belief that if Raos decided to sell, no-one else would buy the club.

Now that is BS! Just because we don't know them, doesn't mean they don't exist. The 2 Ians would be in for a start.

Don't fall for this crap that its Venkys or closure.

You reckon 47er?

Batts and Ian Curry are astute business men but Rovers through and through, more so than most of us. However, they are most certainly not stupid!

What value would you place on a business that just posted a £27 million loss and is haemorrhaging money as we speak? In addition has an ever decreasing income stream.

The only way that anyone would take Rovers off Rao's hands would be on the basis that all accrued debts were written off and a multimillion pound pay off to the potential new owners for working capital.

I'm afraid that's a fact unless someone knows different.

You reckon 47er?

Batts and Ian Curry are astute business men but Rovers through and through, more so than most of us. However, they are most certainly not stupid!

What value would you place on a business that just posted a £27 million loss and is haemorrhaging money as we speak? In addition has an ever decreasing income stream.

The only way that anyone would take Rovers off Rao's hands would be on the basis that all accrued debts were written off and a multimillion pound pay off to the potential new owners for working capital.

I'm afraid that's a fact unless someone knows different.

I think that would be out of the window if you were negotiating with administrators and not the Raos,

As you say the 2 Ians are not stupid so the best deal for them would be to buy of the administrators at £x value in the £

I think that would be out of the window if you were negotiating with administrators and not the Raos,

As you say the 2 Ians are not stupid so the best deal for them would be to buy of the administrators at £x value in the £

Unfortunately Yoda, accrued football related debts, contracts and liabilities can't be written off as a consequence of administration.

I dread to think what that would amount to.

Unfortunately Yoda, accrued football related debts, contracts and liabilities can't be written off as a consequence of administration.

I dread to think what that would amount to.

if there is no money to pay the liabilities then the business is bankrupt, in this case the administrators would seek to get the best deal from a buyer of any assets and pay a % to debtors, are you thinking of the strange set up that other football debts have priority

Venkys paid a reasonable fee for a well-run and Premiership-secure club. Because of vast errors made since then by them the club is neither of these things anymore.

Any price sale will be lowered to reflect this drastic change of circumstances. That would be the case whatever the business in question.

If Raos won't sell unless they get their money back then they will own us forever. It is nevertheless still wrong to assume as ES does that if Venkys decided to pull out then no-one will buy us.

So my advice would be to carry on sniping, Balaji's left boob and all! Don't be a craven coward.

if there is no money to pay the liabilities then the business is bankrupt, in this case the administrators would seek to get the best deal from a buyer of any assets and pay a % to debtors, are you thinking of the strange set up that other football debts have priority

If you want the 'phoenix' club to continue under the auspices of the FA, UEFA and FIFA following a period of administration then the contractual, football related obligations of the prior entity HAVE to be honoured in full. As with any other business, apart from this anomaly, normal rules apply.

Dilemma or what?!

If you want the 'phoenix' club to continue under the auspices of the FA, UEFA and FIFA following a period of administration then the contractual, football related obligations of the prior entity HAVE to be honoured in full. As with any other business, apart from this anomaly, normal rules apply.

Dilemma or what?!

Unless Newco Blackburn Rovers 2014 was formed ala Rangers etc

The FA, UEFA and FIFA can't make the Rao's pay out indefinitely, it must be hurting their pockets by now

Archived