BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers balance sheet

rovers11

Northern Rover ‏@Northern_Rover 35m

Bala chilling. Deary me, is that meant to look cool? pic.twitter.com/0tkWZPSMzY

May as well put this here. Always thought Balaji was a right tit? Well here's his left one.

Is that really him? What a state, looks like he's been on the beer for a week.

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Northern Rover @Northern_Rover 35m

Bala chilling. Deary me, is that meant to look cool? pic.twitter.com/0tkWZPSMzY

May as well put this here. Always thought Balaji was a right tit? Well here's his left one.

Jeez! what is this now, OK magazine?

of all the things you can criticise venkys for, having digs at their(or anybody's) physical appearance is pretty poor form in my book(especially considering some of the troglodytes and lardys you see at ewood on match day.

Jeez! what is this now, OK magazine?

of all the things you can criticise venkys for, having digs at their(or anybody's) physical appearance is pretty poor form in my book(especially considering some of the troglodytes and lardys you see at ewood on match day.

Not OK, Hello...or even Pharissee Fair!

Give me an honest Ewood "troglodyte", "lardy" ( was he aware of the irony?) any day of the week.

What has s/he ever done to rob a town of its Premier League football team!!!

The thing is none of our fine physical specimens here would wear some ridiculously open shirt if we had droopy moobs. Still, that picture would keep the kids from the fireplace and ride a bike a bit faster.

Maybe Balaji had just just had a meeting at the Masonic lodge.

Course next time he comes to Ewood the chant will be ' Get your tit out for the lads '

Can't believe I wrote that !

Haha..Too late came the cry..it's recorded on the internet for ever.

Look what the Venky's have reduced us to. Hey, maybe I do have something for which to thank the Raos, after all... a ready made excuse for every single one of my failings.

There are still some chants that I have never joined in, but, alas, not enough...

Haha..Too late came the cry..it's recorded on the internet for ever.

Look what the Venky's have reduced us to. Hey, maybe I do have something for which to thank the Raos, after all... a ready made excuse for every single one of my failings.

There are still some chants that I have never joined in, but, alas, not enough...

So are you admitting to the ' Bowlegged chicken and knock kneed hen ' song from the 70s or not ?

We need to be clear on these things !

Keeping on thread...

Back to the accounts - would be very interesting to see how this loss compares with the balance sheet of our fellow relegatees Bolton and Wolves.

For me a good yard stick would be to see how they've handled relegation - need to put our loss into some perspective & context. There's no point in comparing us to long established Championship sides who have had a number of years to cut their cloth according to their purse.

League table wise I think it's fair to say we are in a better position than the two Wanderers - we need to be judged against them financially as well.

Keeping on thread...

Back to the accounts - would be very interesting to see how this loss compares with the balance sheet of our fellow relegatees Bolton and Wolves.

For me a good yard stick would be to see how they've handled relegation - need to put our loss into some perspective & context. There's no point in comparing us to long established Championship sides who have had a number of years to cut their cloth according to their purse.

League table wise I think it's fair to say we are in a better position than the two Wanderers - we need to be judged against them financially as well.

That's a very good point !

I'M pretty sure Bolton's wage bill is still far too high, several high rollers they still need to dispose of, reading their message boards recently.

Keeping on thread...

That is a fair point.

I am fairly sure Bolton were massively in debt 3 years ago, while our finances appeared to be well managed.

My real concern is that much of our mountain of debt has been generated by "ridiculous signings" and huge pay outs to agents during the Kean era and again with Shebby Singh last summer.

IMO many of the transactions were not about success on the field-the reason for all signings under the previous regime- but about making money for certain individuals!

There is also the abject failure to generate sponsorship and the p** poor management of the Henning Berg contract etc.

So are you admitting to the ' Bowlegged chicken and knock kneed hen ' song from the 70s or not ?

We need to be clear on these things !

Worse, I am afraid...but yes to that.

My own particular favourite one was the one about the Burnley fans going to Rome to see the Pope and what he says to them.

I always had this image of The Holy Father, robed in white on the balcony, about to bless the throng in St Peters, when he suddenly clocks the bedraggled group with their flat skulls, dull eyes and claret bob hats!

That is a fair point.

I am fairly sure Bolton were massively in debt 3 years ago, while our finances appeared to be well managed.

My real concern is that much of our mountain of debt has been generated by "ridiculous signings" and huge pay outs to agents during the Kean era and again with Shebby Singh last summer.

IMO many of the transactions were not about success on the field-the reason for all signings under the previous regime- but about making money for certain individuals!

There is also the abject failure to generate sponsorship and the p** poor management of the Henning Berg contract etc.

And to think almost all of this could have been avoided if the Rao's had allowed John Williams to do his job.

Can you imagine the likes of Jack Walker or John Williams in a photo like that? Or any respectable person? It just highlights the idiocy and crass class of people we're dealing with.

Exactly my thoughts.

TBH it's this sort of low level sniping that will probably drive them out .... and us under.

Low level?! He has a massive left tit! Has the man no shame? No dignity? Not only can he not do shoelaces up but apparently he can't even button his own shirt ffs. Oh but it's ok cause they're bank rolling the club apparently. Well fair enough. Good lad.

That's our Keaning owner there. He owns the Keaning club! It's a horrible photo and graphically shows how far we've fallen.

"Too bad, no magic, I'm afraid (he's) really tragic. No class..."

Worse, I am afraid...but yes to that.

My own particular favourite one was the one about the Burnley fans going to Rome to see the Pope and what he says to them.

I always had this image of The Holy Father, robed in white on the balcony, about to bless the throng in St Peters, when he suddenly clocks the bedraggled group with their flat skulls, dull eyes and claret bob hats!

You have a very vivid imagination, but I doubt many dingles would be allowed to get anywhere near the holy square.

The Carabiniere would round them up at the airport, surely !

Not trying to make light of the situation but Its not the Rovers debt, it is Venkys London Limited debt.

A better way to look at it is the PL account for the club and how the restructuring has affected the day to day running costs. (that is what a buyer would be looking at) maybe PhilipL can clarify a bit

Venkys London Limited are picking up the tab at the moment, if they decide to cut and run from the club they will have to decide what to do about VLL as a separate issue I think. Good move by the Bank of India

But the only assit VLL have is the club.

It was reported in the mirror (yes, I am aware what some folk think of Nicko etc) that Rovers had to ask for a 5mill loan from the league. So if venkys are funding the club and there are no worries about that. why the need for this loan?

But the only assit VLL have is the club.

It was reported in the mirror (yes, I am aware what some folk think of Nicko etc) that Rovers had to ask for a 5mill loan from the league. So if venkys are funding the club and there are no worries about that. why the need for this loan?

Well if nicko said it, it must be true,

It has also been said that the Bank of India would not accept the clubs assets as security,

VLL is a separate entity to the Rovers, the assets of VLL are not clarified according to people who have read the accounts

Archived