BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers balance sheet

rovers11

• Backroom

Jog on Tractor Boy. After all what does it matter to you if Rovers 'go under' ... I'm sure you'll find another bandwagon to jump on.

Think I would have jumped on another bandwagon long ago if I wanted to Sparkohs, not exactly been a thrill a minute being a Rovers fan over the last few years has it?

Was really just a light hearted comment based on your past hatred of protesters and such, but have clearly touched a nerve so I guess I'll leave it there :huh:

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't see how anyone can defend Venky's ownership in any way. The accounts highlight just how badly they have done. Losing £27m in a year is horrific given our position, and they need to chuck a couple of million of their own money just to stop thing getting terminal. That is not something to praise them for.

I do wonder if these huge losses can be levelled out to a degree, now some high earners have departed or is this a terminal situation?

Fact is that our income was £35.7 million (including £16 million in parachute payments). I guess you can assume that this year's income will be similar but that our wage costs of £40 million will have reduced somewhat. In addition there won't be the same level of pay offs.

Next year the income will reduce by an additional £8 million and by 2017/18 reduced by a further £8 million as parachute payments end. So next year our income will be circa £28 million and £20 million in 2017/18. Unless of course we return to the PL where we'd be guaranteed almost £100 million per season. Bit of a gulf, hence the dilemma. Bloody lucrative for a yoyo club owner with no intentions on investing to stay there!

In answer to your question, I guess it's at what level would be considered acceptable to cut ones cloth according to its width?

Fact is that our income was £35.7 million (including £16 million in parachute payments). I guess you can assume that this year's income will be similar but that our wage costs of £40 million will have reduced somewhat. In addition there won't be the same level of pay offs.

Next year the income will reduce by an additional £8 million and by 2017/18 reduced by a further £8 million as parachute payments end. So next year our income will be circa £28 million and £20 million in 2017/18. Unless of course we return to the PL where we'd be guaranteed almost £100 million per season. Bit of a gulf, hence the dilemma. Bloody lucrative for a yoyo club owner with no intentions on investing to stay there!

In answer to your question, I guess it's at what level would be considered acceptable to cut ones cloth according to its width?

I think that is a good summary of where we are, I guess in answer to the cloth cutting I would settle for a competitive championship team, I think other clubs have proven this can be done without paying the huge wages etc.

According to the LT, the playoffs only amounted to less than £3m. There's no great savings to be made there. I've been saying it for quite some time, but financially I really fear for us.

According to the LT, the playoffs only amounted to less than £3m. There's no great savings to be made there. I've been saying it for quite some time, but financially I really fear for us.

A lot of us fear for the existence of the club Den and when the club looks a million miles away from being a promotion contender it's only going to compound those fears. This club needs Premier League money to survive, the longer the club is out of that division the worse it's going to get.

I can't see how anyone can defend Venky's ownership in any way. The accounts highlight just how badly they have done. Losing £27m in a year is horrific given our position, and they need to chuck a couple of million of their own money just to stop thing getting terminal. That is not something to praise them for.

Does the statement not say that they are only covering it for the next eighteen months then will review again.

TBH it's this sort of low level sniping that will probably drive them out .... and us under.

And no more freebie trips to India for you ES. :P

A lot of us fear for the existence of the club Den and when the club looks a million miles away from being a promotion contender it's only going to compound those fears. This club needs Premier League money to survive, the longer the club is out of that division the worse it's going to get.

Or it can cut it's costs to suit it's income.

Does the statement not say that they are only covering it for the next eighteen months then will revue again.

Eeek! The thought of us sinking like Portsmouth, way below Burnley is horrible enough.

Theres a rumour that no senior management of the club for want of a better word were not at the game on saturday.

So no senior management (I assume you mean Shaw and.........errr.....) were at the game? What is the conspiracy theory behind this then?

Theres a rumour that no senior management of the club for want of a better word were not at the game on saturday.

There was no one in the Directors Box when I looked, which was during the first half.

Archived