BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers balance sheet

rovers11

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jesus...well that's unsustainable with the FFP...I doubt we have saved the majority of that this year as would be needed (though no 8 million purchase of Rhodes will have helped...though if I recall rightly that wasn't all up front and is an ongoing cost of about 2 mill a year?).

Source?

Venkys have reported we made a £27m loss last year but "will continue to fund the club"

Wonder if they have ever thought the fans weren´t wrong in such many occasions. Sacking Sam was a huge mistake but keeping faith on Kean so blindly was pure idiotism. It cost us the PL status and so many stupid transfers for both ways. The fans told you so.

Wonder if they have ever thought the fans weren´t wrong in such many occasions. Sacking Sam was a huge mistake but keeping faith on Kean so blindly was pure idiotism. It cost us the PL status and so many stupid transfers for both ways. The fans told you so.

The fans told them a Million times and then a Million times again..the arrogant sods chose to stick their noses up to everyone and just turn up in their RAJ Rolls Royces.

Jesus...well that's unsustainable with the FFP...I doubt we have saved the majority of that this year as would be needed (though no 8 million purchase of Rhodes will have helped...though if I recall rightly that wasn't all up front and is an ongoing cost of about 2 mill a year?).

Source?

There is a difference between P&L and cash. Whether or not we have paid for Rhodes the liability will appear in the accounts. Never confuse cash with profit and loss.

There is a difference between P&L and cash. Whether or not we have paid for Rhodes the liability will appear in the accounts. Never confuse cash with profit and loss.

Ey? I'm not doing? The liability might be in the accounts but surely money we haven't spent yet isn't going to show on the losses? I'm quite sure the financial fair play rules will only take into account costs versus turnover.

Ey? I'm not doing? The liability might be in the accounts but surely money we haven't spent yet isn't going to show on the losses? I'm quite sure the financial fair play rules will only take into account costs versus turnover.

Yes it does. Whether paid or not it is owed and therefore in the Profit and loss account. I do not know about FP rules but I do know how to prepare accounts. You are doing what a lot of people do and confusing cash with profit.

Yes it does. Whether paid or not it is owed and therefore in the Profit and loss account. I do not know about FP rules but I do know how to prepare accounts. You are doing what a lot of people do and confusing cash with profit.

I'm not confusing them at all. I know exactly what they are, and that they are different things. I don't know necessarily how accounts work for these sort of things, since I assumed accounts are yearly and therefore about the actual monetary influx that year rather than accruement of debts, but that's not the same as not knowing the difference between cash and profit. Cheers for the clarity though.

27m! Wow! What a surprise! :o ....... Not. :angry2:

Dastardly and Muttley have taken the Indian goons to the bloody cleaners right enough. What is it they say about fools and their money? Problem is if they pack up and cut their losses it's no more BRFC like as not. Looking on the bright side Burnley not being able to beat us will last to eternity and beyond. :tu:

• Backroom

Two things (I may be barking up the wrong tree):

1. 'Last year', so that's between about a dozen severance packages, deadwood wages and agent fees. LAST year. Doubt this year it will be half that figure if Venkys simply leave the current people to do their jobs.

2. If it's Venkys London Ltd, disregard the above as it's nowt to do with us in terms of footy. Surely like bet365 going under wouldn't affect FFP from Stoke's POV?

If I've misunderstood I apologise.

Archived