BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Question for Philipl/Grabko

Ok- responses not as bad as I expected. Firstly I wasn't asked to post on an open internet forum. I did that as I know Philip and Grabko have scrutinized Rovers/Venkys' accounts and it was a way getting some info.

The situation is that Mr X put in a serious bid for a premiership club a few years back and narrowly missed out. When I spoke to him back in April, he didn't regret it and thought he had dodged a bullet. However, now he is looking again/ being approached by various clubs. We are good mates and have spoken about Blackburn on numerous occasions. When we last spoke tbh I thought he was joking when he said he reckoned Venky's must be fed up by now. He then moaned about some of the teams he had been offered then put the ball in my court by saying that if I could find out how much they wanted and prove he wouldn't lose money hand over fist then he would buy it (obviously Venky's would have to be willing which to date they haven't been). I am not naive and realise it is a very long shot but I need to feed his interest and then he would invest time and more importantly money to pour over it properly. There is no question about him being able to afford it.

I realise this forum has heard it all before and people will be skeptical as I would be. I'm not bothered whether people on hear believe it or not- I'll do my own homework and get back to him. I think the odds of it happening are no better than 50-1 (I suspect the debt will be horrendous) but worth a shot.

Can I ask whether you have been involve in any Takeover's of football clubs before?

and whether this Mr X is a Blackburn Rovers fan or a fan of any other club?

and whether Mr X would have the cash to cover these losses so far financially or the appetite to cover them but these could be made up if we got promote this season.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can I ask whether you have been involve in any Takeover's of football clubs before?

and whether Mr X would have the cash for losses so far but these could be made up if we got promote this season.

1. No- but he has in so far as getting a fully worked up bid put to a board of directors for them to make up their mind. I'm a scientist with no financial background (I know you can tell!).

2. He is a fan of this club. He's interested in Blackburn initially because of me. He is basically challenging by saying if you want me to buy Blackburn then get me the info.

3. Can't answer the last question. What he did with his previous attempt was propose to pay off debts and put up a sizeable transfer budget. I don't think he would want to invest as much as he offered for the Prem Club but I have no idea at the moment as to his bottom-line.

1. No- but he has in so far as getting a fully worked up bid put to a board of directors for them to make up their mind. I'm a scientist with no financial background (I know you can tell!).

2. He is a fan of this club. He's interested in Blackburn initially because of me. He is basically challenging by saying if you want me to buy Blackburn then get me the info.

3. Can't answer the last question. What he did with his previous attempt was propose to pay off debts and put up a sizeable transfer budget. I don't think he would want to invest as much as he offered for the Prem Club but I have no idea at the moment as to his bottom-line.

Sorry when I say this club I mean the club he bid on a few years back.

IF and its a big IF, the debt could be transferred to the club of which i believe is 15.25 million therefore leaving a 46 million figure to get rid of the mad indians of which is the capital they have provided so far in terms of financing losses and the original purchase of the club.

The only way was if MR X came out every day in the media declaring his intentions for the club and having the majority of fans (easily) supporting him would probably gather that much media attention it would soon filter to the venkys advisers and make them think. Downside is we are finally looking a football team and it could set us back.

IF and its a big IF, the debt could be transferred to the club of which i believe is 15.25 million therefore leaving a 46 million figure to get rid of the mad indians of which is the capital they have provided so far in terms of financing losses and the original purchase of the club.

The only way was if MR X came out every day in the media declaring his intentions for the club and having the majority of fans (easily) supporting him would probably gather that much media attention it would soon filter to the venkys advisers and make them think. Downside is we are finally looking a football team and it could set us back.

Fair points- especially the last one.

Its easy to make a small fortune out of a football club; start with a large one.

Was talking to someone the other day about how much you'd need to spend on rovers to get them back to the top half of the prem. Including paying off the farmers I reckon you would have to lash out £100m easily. Football is madness.

Guest Norbert

Red Bull Salzburg are an interesting team. They win the league in Austria, but get knocked out of the CL by teams from Luxembourg and change manager every season.

are you saying he has put a bid in Rovers in the past then?

So you are Rovers fan then?

Fair points- especially the last one.

Yeah Rovers on the field and Football management(manager and coaching staff) are better and looking like a team we want. but off the field still big issues Financial.

Have you listen to the latest Podcast? would be a good in sight in the off the field problems.

In addition to Grabko and Phil i would probably contact Wayne Wild @ WEC, he seems to have at least tried himself.

I would suggest Wayne Wild, Ian Battersby and Ian Currie could be worth talking to about a bid and how to get in contact with Venkys

Strange how this pops up just as the Red Bull mob say they are looking at a few clubs :)

I've seen that article this morning and did think whether they would be interest in buying Rovers. couldn't see it myself due to they are looking to invest in a club that can get the team into the Champions League. can see that looking at Everton seriously myself cos of the squad they got and are in the top 7 clubs. with investment could get into the champions league but still a big ask tbh.

Cheapest way would be to hire a hitman to bump off Mr Manboobs.

Sorted.

They´˝ve just lost 27 mill, it would be inordinately expensive.

Might as well wait until we have gone into admin, even then the wankys would refuse to consider a bid. They?ll only sell if they can get their cash back. mission impossible

Ok- responses not as bad as I expected. Firstly I wasn't asked to post on an open internet forum. I did that as I know Philip and Grabko have scrutinized Rovers/Venkys' accounts and it was a way getting some info.

The situation is that Mr X put in a serious bid for a premiership club a few years back and narrowly missed out. When I spoke to him back in April, he didn't regret it and thought he had dodged a bullet. However, now he is looking again/ being approached by various clubs. We are good mates and have spoken about Blackburn on numerous occasions. When we last spoke tbh I thought he was joking when he said he reckoned Venky's must be fed up by now. He then moaned about some of the teams he had been offered then put the ball in my court by saying that if I could find out how much they wanted and prove he wouldn't lose money hand over fist then he would buy it (obviously Venky's would have to be willing which to date they haven't been). I am not naive and realise it is a very long shot but I need to feed his interest and then he would invest time and more importantly money to pour over it properly. There is no question about him being able to afford it.

I realise this forum has heard it all before and people will be skeptical as I would be. I'm not bothered whether people on hear believe it or not- I'll do my own homework and get back to him. I think the odds of it happening are no better than 50-1 (I suspect the debt will be horrendous) but worth a shot.

#35 mercer man ... Odds mentioned lol

Good one mercer

and whether Mr X would have the cash to cover these losses so far financially or the appetite to cover them but these could be made up if we got promote this season.

Are you asking genuinely or sarcomas tic ?

He's a rovers fan because if you but he tried Plymouth first hahahahahahaha

"Red Bull Rovers"

Bullshit rovers

are you saying he has put a bid in Rovers in the past then?

So you are Rovers fan then?

Yeah Rovers on the field and Football management(manager and coaching staff) are better and looking like a team we want. but off the field still big issues Financial.

Have you listen to the latest Podcast? would be a good in sight in the off the field problems.

I would suggest Wayne Wild, Ian Battersby and Ian Currie could be worth talking to about a bid and how to get in contact with Venkys

I've seen that article this morning and did think whether they would be interest in buying Rovers. couldn't see it myself due to they are looking to invest in a club that can get the team into the Champions League. can see that looking at Everton seriously myself cos of the squad they got and are in the top 7 clubs. with investment could get into the champions league but still a big ask tbh.

He has bid before for another club. Then went off the idea now back on it.

I am Rovers fan- born/bred in Accrington.

I haven't listened to the podcast yet but will.

A football club is a money pit at the best of times so if Venkys are expecting their money back as part of any sale, then a.) they are even more foolish than I possibly thought and b.) we are definitely screwed.

If its no questions asked and he signs a 30 year non disclosure , and he doesn't want to look over the books or documents or individuals and their off shore shelf companies connected with the chicken takeover, sure Venkys would accept a few gold bars in a suitcase delivered to Chicken central just to get out of it with their reputation slightly intact.

p.s tell him not to let Degsy do the contracts :)

Correct Yoda. The value of something can only be decided by a. the seller and b. what someone else is willing to pay for it. Asking us lot for an estimate is just a shot on the dark. Personally and ignoring the debt I'd value the assets of the club at no more than 20m .... and whoever stumps that will have to be prepared to lose the lot and quite probably more besides. As AMS opined 'an idiot with a death wish' is necessary.

Duke of Westminster.

Yeah right. :rolleyes:

I was thinking that this morning

Around 100million uk pounds is what I think it would take to get venkys to sell, that should probably cover what they payed+The debt they took on+What they have spent/lost+A little profit to satisfy there egos(so then they can at least say it was a success from a business pov.)

So basically we're stuck with them for the foreseeable future.

Certainly is a scary number but if any potential purchaser is intent on developing a mid to top Premier League side money could possibly be recouped in two to three years if its achieved.

Wishful thinking but maybe if someone was to invest a couple of million in top notch private investigators things could possibly come into their possession which could make negotiating the purchase price to a more reasonable amount, a gamble if nothings found of course.

Archived