BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Has Karen Silk now official left Rovers now

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

its would really good to know whether a replacement has been hire yet but whether that person is working their notice???

if not, what is the hiring process for the new financial director? will the owners by using head hunter company or advertising the post???

The vacancy created by the departure of Karen Silk is on the agenda for the next Fans Forum meeting on Monday and I'd imagine the conversation will naturally progress to a general discussion regarding the current situation within the boardroom.

That being the case Fernhurst, could you also ask why she left?

Also, who are the current board members and what are their roles?

(I presume you're going to be present at the forum btw and in a position to ask questions. Apologies if that's not the case)

talk about a poisoned chalice...6 months to find the right person and nobody in the job - makes you wonder!

Personally it makes me highly suspicious. Previous lot were keans, raping and pillaging, all but one have left and no-ones come in. Given all that's gone been rumoured it just makes me think the rats fell-out and we can't find any new rats the loons will trust to take their place. The lack of new people just adds weight to the naughty rumoured reasons for the Loons being here.

Guest Norbert

Does make you wonder how the club can be run with the 'out of control' Shelfie, and seemingly no-one else. No finance person, no commercial person..................how is the club managing to work month by month?

From the FF minutes...

"AN asked where the club was in replacing Karen Silk as Finance Director. LT replied that Derek Shaw had sent details of potential candidates to the owners in India for their consideration. In the meantime the existing experienced Finance team were handling day-to-day business, with support from KPMG."

It's pretty pathetic that only after Ms Silk has gone are they considering 'potential candidates'.

KPMG being involved is interesting too. I wonder if they are the reason we haven't yet been able to replace her?

Guest Norbert

From the FF minutes...

"AN asked where the club was in replacing Karen Silk as Finance Director. LT replied that Derek Shaw had sent details of potential candidates to the owners in India for their consideration. In the meantime the existing experienced Finance team were handling day-to-day business, with support from KPMG."

It's pretty pathetic that only after Ms Silk has gone are they considering 'potential candidates'.

KPMG being involved is interesting too. I wonder if they are the reason we haven't yet been able to replace her?

Stupid question, but why would that get in the way?

From an uninformed point of view, KPMG's involvment looks almost like administration.

From an uninformed point of view, KPMG's involvment looks almost like administration.

I'm pretty sure KPMG are the current auditors, replacing PM and M when Venky's took over.

You read my mind, Norbert. Having KPMG 'on board' sounds a bit like having an executioner round for afternoon tea.

This is only my personal opinion and not based on any inside information - my impression is that KPMG are on the end of the telephone line to offer any advice/information to the club that may be beyond the knowledge of those in the accounts team down at Ewood until Karen Silk is replaced - nothing at all unusual with that. As a side note (and hopefully I'm not talking out of turn) it was mentioned that there was a four month gap between KS predecessor leaving and her coming in...

four months to flip a coin, what do the loons get up too?

If they spend an equal amount of time devoted to each of their alleged businesses they could devote three/four days per year on the Rovers.

Four months to flip a coin sounds about right

Guest Norbert

I know they have a lot of other businesses to try and run, but then you'd get a competent boardroom to keep Rovers running smoothly, whilst they sell their chickens.

We all know that has not happened, but apart from their stupidity, why else have we been run with a minimal boardroom, and getting advice from an outside company that sometimes deals with companies in administration? Is Brockhall going to be turned into a chicken farm??!

If they spend an equal amount of time devoted to each of their alleged businesses they could devote three/four days per year on the Rovers.

Four months to flip a coin sounds about right

I'm not sure them devoting that much time to Rovers would be a good thing.

I can well imagine the big issue is Balaji struggles to catch the coin once flipped. Four months to catch one flip sounds about right for a _____________.

Archived