BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Leon Best

Neal

He will surely get a two week fine, minimum, for this latest outburst.

Maybe trolling our players on social media portals should be encouraged by the club to offset a small % our huge monthly losses? That's already £70k saved by the club for November! We'll blatantly be paying Orr some of his present wage, if not all of it, so I'll shotgun him as he can't keep his trap shut for one minute.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderation Lead

A tiny bit more understandable yet still wrong, however it annoys me when fans give a player a load of abuse and then act all high and mighty if he responds, I know some professionalism wouldn't go amiss but it isn't the end of the world

It seems he's determined to carry on like he is, why not have a blanket ban on social media for players? Show some real authority

Exactly right, Best reacted poorly and was out of order. But the fan was no better!!

It's time players contracts had termination clauses for this sort of thing.

Ill-educated overgrown schoolboys

Too much money

Public Twitter accounts

Not a great combination.

C'mon Stuart, whilst most of us share your opinions of footballers that is knee jerkstuff. We paid big money for this bloke's sig on a contract. if we tear it up then it's been completely wasted, we've lost a fortune and with no transfer fee involved and him a free agent his agent will easily find him another club with no doubt a fat severence wedge in his pocket from us and a large signing on fee from another club to boot. All the bugggers would all be at it.

The way forward for clubs like ours is to be in front of the game when we sign them.

a. Short term (possibly evergreen) contracts. Apart from Phil Jones and Chris Samba I can hardly rem when a long contract actually stood us in good stead. In fact we've been stiffed time and again by them. Long contracts only seem to work one way and imo are for losers in this game.

and

b. To include severe financial penalty clauses for specific breaches.

c. To get Karl Oyston in as consultant. ;)

I wonder how much of the 57 million has and is still being salted away in that direction? I've a strong feeling that a little slice of his salary ( and Danny's and others to almost infinity) might easily be winging it's way over to a nice little deposit account (requiring two signatures) somewhere in Switzerland.

This bloke is obviously a moron of the highest order but if you pay him £30K a week or whatever he's on he's going to spend it so no point criticising his lavish lifestyle. Better to criticise the even bigger morons who agreed to pay this talentless lump that much for not playing football.

This bloke is obviously a moron of the highest order but if you pay him £30K a week or whatever he's on he's going to spend it so no point criticising his lavish lifestyle. Better to criticise the even bigger morons crooks who agreed to pay this talentless lump that much for not playing football.

• Backroom

In a way I appreciate the fact that he blatantly doesn't care about the fans and doesn't try and wrap that up

He's been given a luxury lifestyle for having a certain amount of talent and he's happy to live that life and doesn't feel guilty for it

These guys start so early now that some of them grow up thinking they are better than the people around them, some of them keep their feet on the ground but for others they couldn't care less.

Tom I don't know how you can appreciate anything whatsoever about this moron. As I say, he got fined only a month or so ago for exactly the same thing. If I were paid 35k pw then I'd keep my trap shut despite some fans having a pop. I usually disagree with booing players but Best and Orr are two who deserve all of the vitriol that they get after disrespecting us fans time and time again.

Tom I don't know how you can appreciate anything whatsoever about this moron. As I say, he got fined only a month or so ago for exactly the same thing. If I were paid 35k pw then I'd keep my trap shut despite some fans having a pop. I usually disagree with booing players but Best and Orr are two who deserve all of the vitriol that they get after disrespecting us fans time and time again.

As I said earlier, we are over a barrell and at this stage of his contract there is very little that we can do about it.

• Backroom

He's just a product of the modern game and you can expect more

There was talk a while back about some of our youth players thinking they had made it already and being arrogant at the same time that Michel Salgado would spend hours at fan event, staying to make sure everyone got seen even after it closed

Feel sorry for Bowyer, must be in a hard spot.. And slightly feel sorry for Best as well, thought he was coming in as the number one.. Got injured and the rest is history..

Though it must be hard for Bowyer to explain to our genius football club owners why he doesn't want to play one of our biggest earners..

Just a @#/? situation for all involved which is our club at the minute, everyone is frustrated and now is not the time to go on which hunts!!

I keep coming back to the same thought. Why was this transfer (along with Murphy and Etuhu) ever signed off? Between the Raos, Agnew, Deggsy and even Kean, you might have expected someone to pipe up and say "is this really worth it? Why are we having to pay top dollar for sub standard premier league players when we are promotion favourites?". Lets be honest here, had they done what they were supposed to do and got us promoted, they would still be poor value. To a man none of them are good enough for premier league football and they'd still be sat on 30k + per week or more with a promotion bonus. Surely someone must've had reservations about these deals?

Best is a complete waster along with Campbell and Etuhu ...

Show all 3 the door now !

I keep coming back to the same thought. Why was this transfer (along with Murphy and Etuhu) ever signed off? Between the Raos, Agnew, Deggsy and even Kean, you might have expected someone to pipe up and say "is this really worth it? Why are we having to pay top dollar for sub standard premier league players when we are promotion favourites?". Lets be honest here, had they done what they were supposed to do and got us promoted, they would still be poor value. To a man none of them are good enough for premier league football and they'd still be sat on 30k + per week or more with a promotion bonus. Surely someone must've had reservations about these deals?

Was Shaw here 18 months ago ?

Agents picking up a wod in my opinion ,Agnew and Kean were both promoted far above their talents and milked every penny ...

Archived