BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] FA Cup 13/14

Tom

So we do nothing as always .

Abbey simmer down and think about this. Nobody will take any notice as usual of protests against the Venkys cos it's old hat but a boycott targetted full on at the FA in their precious cup and against their richest 'clients' rather than the venkymob would earn infinetly more publicity and have far greater effect. We're lead to believe that they've been presented with lots of facts and figures and testaments but have chosen to sweep it under the carpet so they should be the ones the cross hairs are focused on.

However as has been said many times there aren't enough people who care enough to do this sort of thing. Most people by choice behave like Powells despised Archbishops "faring delicately with the bedclothes pulled right up over their heads" pretending everything is OK and that protest is beneath their dignity. The club is dying on it's feet but not enough care to fight against it.

I'm not escaping criticism here either, I must add that 3 years ago I was full on with the protests but now I'm getting past caring and prepared to accept that it's as good as over.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course I'm going, should be a cracking game and I wouldn't expect any criticism for going either.

So much as we may not them, the purpose of any protest then jimmy would be to **** Venky's off so much, they decide to stop putting their hand in their back pocket for 2m per month to keep us afloat, and disappear overnight forcing us into administration or recevership?

Sounds like a plan.

Of course I'm going, should be a cracking game and I wouldn't expect any criticism for going either.

So much as we may not them, the purpose of any protest would be to **** Venky's off so much, they decide to stop putting their hand in their back pocket for 2m per month to keep us afloat, and disappear overnight forcing us into administration or recevership?

Sounds like a plan.

Merely delaying the inevitable Simon. Enjoy it whilst you can.

So much as we may not them, the purpose of any protest then jimmy would be to **** Venky's off so much, they decide to stop putting their hand in their back pocket for 2m per month to keep us afloat, and disappear overnight forcing us into administration or recevership?

Sounds like a plan.

Not sure where I suggested we '@#/? Venkys off'. Merely try to establish some idea of direction the club is heading in. As I alluded to earlier, it's too late now. It was just suggestions as to the type of message we might have portrayed had a boycott/protest been met with some positivity.

Anyway, enjoy the game, take some photographs and cherish the memories, it might just be the last time you see a PL club at Ewood Park.

Perhaps if you and the rest of the 'purists' had decided to take your heads of out of the sand two years ago and joined an active campaign to save the oh so obvious destruction of our club, we might have been able to salvage something from this wreckage. Unfortunately it's too late now. I think you mentioned a week or so ago that 'our day will come again'. Until that day and probably even afterwards I will view those that openly mocked protesters with much disdain - Tremblers

Or (1) real supporters, pragmatists, and (2) realists.

Choose your adjective.

:lol:

(1) It does take a big commitment to carry on your usual habit of going to the game, sitting on your arse in silence whilst we watch another embarrassing defeat, leaving, and later ridiculing those actively trying to draw attention to the clubs plight.

Anyway, at least that routine can be upheld long into our continued decline.

(2) No, the realists on here knew that relegation was probable. However we also recognised that an efficient boardroom and long term sensible planning could safeguard the clubs future without having to plunge ourselves into massive debts that are not realistically recoverable - thus sacrificing the future of our club.

Or maybe the pragmatists and realists knew that jumping up and down and stamping our feet and going "We're weelly weely kwoss" was not going to shift Venky's and that the only thing that would was a suitably large financial offer from wealthier prospective owners.

And that in the meantime we have to wee with the willy we've got as Souness would have said and make the best of things as they are, not the way we wish they could have been.

Edit: Ultimately it's down to a matter of individual choice. Some may feel that the decision of a large section of fans to stay away will help accelerate our demise and make it more likely there's nothing to come back to if and when the proverbial does hit the fan. Others may feel that by continuing to go current fans are simply putting money into Venky's pockets. Either way it's a very personal choice for the individual in question which other people should respect without resorting to being abusive really.

Others may feel that by continuing to go current fans are simply putting money into Venky's pockets. Either way it's a very personal choice for the individual in question which other people should respect without resorting to being abusive really.

I doubt anyone really thinks they are putting money into Venky's pockets Rev. I think it's more to do with not supporting the way Venky's are running the club, in any way whatsoever.

You're right though, it is a personal choice.

Or maybe the pragmatists and realists knew that jumping up and down and stamping our feet and going "We're weelly weely kwoss" was not going to shift Venky's and that the only thing that would was a suitably large financial offer from wealthier prospective owners.

Patronising, pompous and downright insulting.

Oh, and given that the protests' initial aim was to oust Kean but he was allowed to continue unscathed due to the lack of support from those "real fans", rather obtuse..

But once again we start to pick at old scars.

As you were.

The fact is that no matter what a minority of fans do or don't do wont make any difference , the venkys own the club lock stock and barrel whether we like it or not.

They currently will not listen to offers for whatever reason best known to them.

We are surely better off continuing to support Blackburn Rovers football club, not the venkys by going down to ewood park where we all have a chance to moan,

boo, or protest/ organise a protest, it is a free country we can all vent our anger at the ground.

It occurs to me that staying away and moaning/whingeing from a distance is useless and probably an excuse for not sticking by the club through thick and thin

which proper supporters will do.

I don't think in over 50 years of following the rovers I have seen the club so in need of proper solid support come what may.

Get down to the ground and support the team and the manager. We are all in this together as fans of Blackburn Rovers.

The fact is that no matter what a minority of fans do or don't do wont make any difference , the venkys own the club lock stock and barrel whether we like it or not.

They currently will not listen to offers for whatever reason best known to them.

We are surely better off continuing to support Blackburn Rovers football club, not the venkys by going down to ewood park where we all have a chance to moan,

boo, or protest/ organise a protest, it is a free country we can all vent our anger at the ground.

It occurs to me that staying away and moaning/whingeing from a distance is useless and probably an excuse for not sticking by the club through thick and thin

I don't think in over 50 years of following the rovers I have seen the club so in need of proper solid support come what may.

Get down to the ground and support the team and the manager. We are all in this together as fans of Blackburn Rovers.

Very well said.

yawn

I doubt anyone really thinks they are putting money into Venky's pockets Rev. I think it's more to do with not supporting the way Venky's are running the club, in any way whatsoever.

You're right though, it is a personal choice.

I did Den. I decided not to renew as soon as they sold Jones and didn't buy Jones. I realised that they had told lie after lie to us for 6 months and the club was in a tailspin and that was enough to ensure that they didn't get another penny piece out of me.

.... Tell a lie I did actually buy a ticket for the Millwall FA Cup 1/4 final..... and spent the evening wishing I hadn't as Danny Shittu spent 90 minutes swatting Jordan Rhodes aside and making him look like a cub scout.

The reasons for or against are not to be found in your sensibilities and inner self beatrix..... they are to be found in your scrotum. Obviously given your name you wont understand that but most others on here will. :tu:

Don't be misled by a posting name/title it is actually the name of a boat!

I can assure you that I have a scrotum and a full set, I played football and rugby for years and believe me if you had

played against me you would have known about it. aggressive midfielder etc.

Anyway back to the subject, it takes balls to face what is happening to us at the moment, staying away and whingeing is

not going to help the club at all. Get down to ewood and support the club and the team on the pitch.

Cant remember why I named myself after a boat , probably in hindsight a bad idea.

It matters not if you do or do not have a scrotum. Thenodrog is one of the old guards who is being left behind by the world and when he dies in the not so distant future, his ideals will be generally forgotten.

Must be shame to realise that.

Anyway, I shall be going. Expect a thumping but would be very happy with a spirited performance.

It matters not if you do or do not have a scrotum. Thenodrog is one of the old guards who is being left behind by the world and when he dies in the not so distant future, his ideals will be generally forgotten.

Anyway, I shall be going. Expect a thumping but would be very happy with a spirited performance.

Prick.

Have you even actually met Theno? What a scummy thing to say on a messageboard, especially when we've already had well liked posters die this year.

Low life.

Prick.

Have you even actually met Theno? What a scummy thing to say on a messageboard, especially when we've already had well liked posters die this year.

Low life.

Everybody is going to die in the not so distant future, and the guys a sexist prick by the looks of things.

Everybody is going to die in the not so distant future, and the guys a sexist prick by the looks of things.

Sexist? How many women do you know with scrotum's you keaning halfwit? Have you never heard the term 'lacks the testicular fortitude?'

You have no idea what's happening in peoples personal lives and you go around making comments about people dying in the near future. You need a keaning slap pal.

Good..... Cos you're going the right way about getting one braddup.

Archived