BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Beware of Jack the treacle eater! Away day at Yeovil - December 21st

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd love to see us go two up top like at Bournemouth, but I guess it'll be the same side.

Yeovil hit a bit of form recently, but still the sort of matches you need to be winning if your going to get promotion.

A repeat of last time we played them will do me!

Yeovil Town 0-10 Blackburn Rovers

After 2 decent results I really hope we can get another here as it would really set us up confidence wise for two very winable games at home that follow.

Time to stand up and end this away day mess we continue to serve up.

3-1 rovers against a very poor side we should be beating with ease

Another game that if we want to even pretend to have a play off chance we should win comfortably

1-3

Definitely! What with Jason Lowe in the centre grabbing the game by the scruff of the neck, challenging, taking the ball off the Yeovil lads, whilst setting our boys up for plenty of goalscoring opportunities. How can anyone contemplate losing this one

• Backroom

Definitely! What with Jason Lowe in the centre grabbing the game by the scruff of the neck, challenging, taking the ball off the Yeovil lads, whilst setting our boys up for plenty of goalscoring opportunities. How can we ever contemplate losing this one

Yet again, you show you really have no idea what Lowe's role is. We are in the Championship, not the PL. The bits in bold are Lowe's role, which he does quite well every game (by no means outstanding).

Underlined: Tends to be for Dunn or (more recently) Taylor.

Strike: Cairney, predominantly, with Dunn and Taylor doing a bit too.

Lowe wouldn't be in my first team (Evans and Williamson are better choices), but frankly he isn't doing enough badly to be dropped.

Anyway, c'mon Rovers! A tight 2-1 away win :D

Yet again, you show you really have no idea what Lowe's role is. We are in the Championship, not the PL. The bits in bold are Lowe's role, which he does quite well every game (by no means outstanding).

Anyway, c'mon Rovers! A tight 2-1 away win :D

Did I just dared to dream there Mike forgive me.

Definitely! What with Jason Lowe in the centre grabbing the game by the scruff of the neck, challenging, taking the ball off the Yeovil lads, whilst setting our boys up for plenty of goalscoring opportunities. How can anyone contemplate losing this one

You are giving me a strong impression that the ideal score for you would be for Rhodes to score a hat trick but us to get beaten 4-3 due to 4 og's by Jason Lowe.

Classy.

You are giving me a strong impression that the ideal score for you would be for Rhodes to score a hat trick but us to get beaten 4-3 due to 4 og's by Jason Lowe.

Classy.

Far from it Theno, those are solely your thoughts not mine.

Its a simple game for me Theno in that for JR to flourish and the team to improve its chances of winning, JL must feed JR at some point during that hour and a half period, thats all .

Grant Hanley's attacking stats look every bit as good as JLowes which asks whats going on out there.

• Backroom

Far from it Theno, those are solely your thoughts not mine.

Its a simple game for me Theno in that for JR to flourish and the team to improve its chances of winning, JL must feed JR at some point during that hour and a half period, thats all .

Alternatively, Lowe could win the ball and give it straight to Cairney or one of the 3 midfielders sat behind Rhodes. As he does.

If Lowe was an all-rounder, I'd agree with you but you're asking of him something he isn't capable of for the most part.

It appears you'd rather him fail (probably at a cost to the squad) than accept what he's good at and play to his strengths.

How about Spurr and King being one-footed? Dann's refusal to jump for a header? But no, Lowe's refusal to play outside his capabilities (and Bowyer's refusal to force him to) is what you focus on. Odd, imo.

Lowe ain't Evans, no matter how much you want it.

Alternatively, Lowe could win the ball and give it straight to Cairney or one of the 3 midfielders sat behind Rhodes. As he does.

J-Lo can do that, though after twenty games in the centre and only one goal, one assist and three shots on target, doesnt suggest Rovers are going up anytime in the near future as the marketing department are pushing.

The teams only scores 25 goals in twenty games, floundering mid table, with one guy scoring nearly half of those whilst Burnley have put the ball in the net six times more than Rovers and have two main goalscorers unlike Rovers with just the one.

As the next twenty games are played out how do you see this going between Rovers and Burnley.

• Backroom

So by your own admission, Lowe (with one goal out of 25 and one assist of the remaining 24) has contributed more than MANY other players in the whole squad.

So doing it occasionally means he should always do it? Friedel scored a goal once....

Least you had the sense to delete what I was replying to :P just wish I'd quoted now.

So by your own admition, Lowe (with one goal out of 25 and one assist of the remaining 24) has contributed more than MANY other players in the whole squad.

So doing it occasionally means he should always do it? Friedel scored a goal once....

Just questioning is it enough, it isnt, is it if the club want to make their season targets

When is evans back the lad has become probably one of the mainplayers in the few games he has played look forward to him returning

They said he is starting doing some running this week so he is coming along. No return date yet.

I hope we still have cairney when he gets back.

I hope we do keep Cairney. Whether we can is a different story. Hull may want him back.

For me Evans is key, if he can come back and stay fit after Christmas Lowe and Evans isn't a bad cm partnership. Evans does add more in terms of passing. It could be quite a hard working tough midfield. Especially when you factor in the improvement in Marshall and Taylor recently.

Of recent times both Taylor and Marshall have started to look much better signings. I have stated before I felt Taylor was a good signing when you considered how decent he had been for Millwall. Marshalll did worry me more as he hadn't shown much decent form right before signing him. No doubt he had some talent and ability but he needed confidence as well as fitness building. Lets hope the recent real improvement in him is a sign that Bowyer can work on players and develop confidence.

There do seem to be other signs that Bowyer seems to have this effect on younger players. For all his detractors no one can argue that Lowe has not improved this season. He does seem to be a player who is prepared to work hard to develop and improve.

Hanley although he does have areas he needs to improve without doubt seems to be responding to Bowyer. Henley looks decent as well. - early days I know.

Whether its enough to make a push into play off positions we shall see. For that to happen we need a lot of points from the next three games. They are fixtures on paper you expect to win if you are thinking of higher mid table to play off positions. The fact that they have come together may mean that you would expect us to get into a decent run. The championship is a funny beast though.......

I hope we do keep Cairney. Whether we can is a different story. Hull may want him back.

For me Evans is key, if he can come back and stay fit after Christmas Lowe and Evans isn't a bad cm partnership. Evans does add more in terms of passing. It could be quite a hard working tough midfield. Especially when you factor in the improvement in Marshall and Taylor recently.

Of recent times both Taylor and Marshall have started to look much better signings. I have stated before I felt Taylor was a good signing when you considered how decent he had been for Millwall. Marshalll did worry me more as he hadn't shown much decent form right before signing him. No doubt he had some talent and ability but he needed confidence as well as fitness building. Lets hope the recent real improvement in him is a sign that Bowyer can work on players and develop confidence.

There do seem to be other signs that Bowyer seems to have this effect on younger players. For all his detractors no one can argue that Lowe has not improved this season. He does seem to be a player who is prepared to work hard to develop and improve.

Hanley although he does have areas he needs to improve without doubt seems to be responding to Bowyer. Henley looks decent as well. - early days I know.

Whether its enough to make a push into play off positions we shall see. For that to happen we need a lot of points from the next three games. They are fixtures on paper you expect to win if you are thinking of higher mid table to play off positions. The fact that they have come together may mean that you would expect us to get into a decent run. The championship is a funny beast though.......

If we can keep up our improving home results and start winning a few away, starting at Yeovil on Saturday, it's not impossible that we

could be in the 'shake up' towards the end of the season.Winning away has really been the problem for us this season and last(too many draws).

However we have already got some very tough fixtures out of the way and done with away from home.

QPR, Leicester, Brighton, Derby, Burnley, Wigan, and Blackpool.

Only 4 points out of those games, not brilliant but they're done and dusted.

We could do with 3 points on Saturday, to really get the 'ball rolling'.

Archived