BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Beware of Jack the treacle eater! Away day at Yeovil - December 21st

When is evans back the lad has become probably one of the mainplayers in the few games he has played look forward to him returning

This won't solve all our woes unfortunately. Because to GB, Lowe seems to be undroppable. He will play regardless. Which means an Evans and Lowe partnership, with Cairney pushed to right wing, wasting one of our best players. This might be fine away, but it isn't good enough at home.

If Bowyer is willing to drop Lowe for home games (can't see it), then a Cairney and Evans partnership is the way to go.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did anyone expect more than our current prospects? With QPR, liecester, forest, Wigan and Reading (and im talking retrospectively) could we expect more than a late playoff charge? We're doing ok. The next month will shape our season. There is every chance we'll just fizzle out and see a mid table finish. But equally we have every chance of sneaking a playoff place. Things are in the balance.

Did anyone expect more than our current prospects? With QPR, liecester, forest, Wigan and Reading (and im talking retrospectively) could we expect more than a late playoff charge? We're doing ok. The next month will shape our season. There is every chance we'll just fizzle out and see a mid table finish. But equally we have every chance of sneaking a playoff place. Things are in the balance.

Was'nt sure what to expect at the start of season, but when Evans and Cairney started playing well, I think a few of us probably

started to become a little more optimistic,as our midfield problems seemed to have been solved to a certain extent, then Evans gets

injured, just what we did'nt need.

I think I'll be a lot happier if we can collect 3 points at Yeovil, because if we can't do it there, I really don't know where we will get an away

win from. Will be really tough to get into top 6 but if we're 5/6 points off with 10 games to go, who knows !

A win on Sat would give everyone a massive boost going into Boxing day.

Between them our midfield are capable of playing very good football as we've seen throughout the season.... unfortunately the consistency is not there. Against some teams (LUFC) the football has been a delight to watch but against others (Millwall) we have struggled to make the game flow and have been outmuscled. It's not good enough to play theoretical Championship Manager by saying one player is better than another when real options are necessary. It's horses for courses. Tugay is the single most skillful midfield player that I have seen but he needed a Flitty or a Sav alongside to perform to his best and not another Tugay.

• Backroom

Between them our midfield are capable of playing very good football as we've seen throughout the season.... unfortunately the consistency is not there. Against some teams (LUFC) the football has been a delight to watch but against others (Millwall) we have struggled to make the game flow and have been outmuscled. It's not good enough to play theoretical Championship Manager by saying one player is better than another when real options are necessary. It's horses for courses. Tugay is the single most skillful midfield player that I have seen but he needed a Flitty or a Sav alongside to perform to his best and not another Tugay.

Perhaps why Cairney is so good, with Lowe, Williamson or Evans partnering.

Glad to be going to this one.

Hoping for the same starting 11 as Saturday - Williamson or Lowe please Gary - not both.

With all the negativity around the club (and on this messageboard) I think it's good that so many fans are going such a long way to follow the team.

Absolutely

Let's just hope the rain doesn't cause it to be off

I'd be surprised if it was off we had a lot of rain down here on Wednesday evening. But since then we haven't had any (barring a 30 minute shower last night), in fact today has been a nice day with the sun out for most of it.

If the players attitude is right tomorrow I believe we will win. If the players think 'it's only Yeovil' then we could well come unstuck. Hopefully Bowyer and his staff have prepared them well and emphasised the necessity for hard work and correct mentality.

If you're going down to Yeovil - TalkSport want to talk to you while you're on the way for their 1am to 7am Show!

Contact Melissa from TalkSport on 02079597834 or tweet her @melissajrudd

No disrespect Trawden, but I'd not give them the time of day, terrible station run by drunks and knobheads

I think we'll learn more about the players today.

On paper we're streets ahead of Yeovil, Sheff Wed and Brum. People say this means little, but I disagree. It means if we play well, we win.

The players should be up and at them from the first whistle today. There's no reason why this can't be a Bournemouth type game.

I think we'll be short of the play-offs this year, but 7 points from 9 might just see us hang on to the pack above.

Most of all I hope every travelling supporter has a great day today. I still feel the players have to make up for Ipswich away.

Safe travels everyone.

Archived