BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Most hated player to play for Blackburn

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With so many twots to pick from over the years .... Graeme Le Saux shouldn't even figure in this debate.

With so many twots to pick from over the years .... Graeme Le Saux shouldn't even figure in this debate. Get over yourselves.

Well then pick on sh1t players who were knobs and not medal winners. You have plenty of choice.

Do you not think that if Jack had allowed KMD to sign Zidane and Dugarry instead of showing misplaced loyalty to the squad that a lot of our Prem winners would have been desperate to stay and been part of the stand out best team in the Prem? I do.

• Backroom

Personally I didn't mind him while here, but my dad never forgave Diouf for his trip in the box vs us. He refused to attend a game while he was here and only went back when Kean left.

Never really 'hated' a player yet. Nearest you'd get is Orr, Murphy or Best.

He should as he was a backstabbing ungrateful nob. Great player but a nob.

Well Le Saux would be on my list.There was a time, when the brat would have been top of it as well. My lad used to turn off theTV or radio, if he was ever on...we do it with Murphy now. Either time fades memory or newer wrongs loom larger

Le saux is a tw*at, but i think what he achieved at the club makes him not as bad as some, in the same category as Lucash for me. People like Best,Murphy, Orr and Yorke literally stole money from the club.

This thread is brilliant. We all hate for different reasons.

My most hated figure in football wasn't a player.

Agreed. I thought there was something wrong with me for responding so readily to this thread, but I see I am not on my own.

My most hated figure stands head and shoulders above the rest.I .bet it is the same one. Not a player...or manager either, although he claimed to have been both?

Guest Norbert

Barry ferguson? Lol came for big money big wage and then couldnt wait to leave

Forgot about him. He is worse than Le Saux. At least Graeme stayed a while and performed most of the time.

I do suspect the Ferguson deal was a bit bent though. It came through Souness' favourite agent, who did a lot of Scotland based deals. Barry comes down here for a nice fee and wages, hangs around for a year, then returns for an equally nice fee. The agent has a cut and he stays good friends with Souness.

I could never understand why Jason 'Handbag' Wilcox got the stick that he did at the time,criminal in my view.

Player i despised the most though was Vratislav Gresko,played brilliantly whilst on loan then as soon as the ink was dry on a permanent contract he reverted to being a typical premier league mercenary.Shocking really because if he had put his mind to it he could have done a lot better with his career.

I will have trouble naming them all, or picking a top one.

Lucas Neill (epitome of a mercenary)

Orr

Despised Diouf before he came to us, he is the player I was angriest about us signing...admit he grew on me slightly, but still a despicable turd.

Phil Jones (unforgiveable comments comparing our 7-1 drubbing by United while he was here to our desperately needed, slim win over them whilst he was there, saying the latter was worse for him! FAN MY ARSE! Renamed him Phil Judas on FM...speaking of which...)

David May

Samba (sad to say this because on the pitch I absolutely loved him, but his willy waving at Arsenal, getting a new contract every six months and yet agitating for a move every time a window opened again REALLY @#/? me off)

Danny Murphy

Ostenstad (these two for utter lack of effort)

Barry Ferguson (whining for a move back to Rangers for less than we paid them for him, just when he was finding form!)

Bentley (again loved him as a player, but his drunken interviews about wanting out, followed by not giving us ANY credit for resurrecting his career in his interviews after leaving us around the time, instead having a go at Arsenal, really left a sour taste in my mouth that his mewling 'apologies' when returning on loan did not fix)

Leon Best

Grella (utter sicknote who even refused to leave and stop sucking money from the club! If I was him I'd feel ashamed at stealing a living)

Kevin Davies (cost us a fortune, was crap, left for far less (plus Ostenstad who was even worse), went to Bolton for free (who I hate), was suddenly really good for them for years, and I think made some derogatory comments about us once or twice?)

Alan Fettis (perhaps a bit unfair because he is here solely because he was SO CRAP, no personal reasons)

Bet I've forgotten a few. I hate any player who conducts themselves poorly on the way out.

Lucas Neill

As an Aussie it pains me to say it but i agree. A bigger money hungry keaner (and just keaner in general) i've never seen. I was a Blackburn fan over 10 years before he came so i was stoked when he joined but that certainly changed by the time he left and can't stand his smug head to this day.

I was spewing when i heard he's now at Rovers again training, i know there's no chance we'll be picking him up thank Christ, more so because hes looking for a new club and if he picks one up then that'll only increase his chances of going to the world cup! I don't want that bloke playing one more game for my country let alone captaining it....

It's Shearer for me. Not for what he did when he was playing here, but for what he revealed himself to be after he left.

I think it's okay to drastically change your opinion of someone. For example, you have a friendly neighbour who always says hello if you pass in the street, keeps himself to himself, causes no trouble, just has the occasional late-night party in the cellar.

Then you find out he's Fred West.

It's Shearer for me. Not for what he did when he was playing here, but for what he revealed himself to be after he left.

I think it's okay to drastically change your opinion of someone. For example, you have a friendly neighbour who always says hello if you pass in the street, keeps himself to himself, causes no trouble, just has the occasional late-night party in the cellar.

Then you find out he's Fred West.

Well that's certainly a good argument for changing your mind!

I can't stand Shearer's smugness. There was that other scam he did, when he set up the news boys to think he was a contender for the Rovers job. He even got Lineker to ask him about the job in front of the whole nation( half time during a televised cup tie, I think), so he could No.

I know that he engineered the contact with Roivers in the first place

Shearer shouldn't come anywhere into this discussion, without him we would have no Premiership title to talk of. Simply put one of the best (if not the best) Rovers players of all time.

For me

General gripes

Orr - Comments after relegation and subsequent 'pops' at the fans on social media.

Murphy - Comments whilst at Fulham, then mercenary attitude last season.

Best - 14 Apps 2 Goals. More social media controversies than goals in blue and white.

Neill - Lucash, for the way he engineered his way out of the club

Samba - Every transfer window was a chance for a sulk and a press release, IIRC he signed three long term deals in his 4 years at the club!

Peacock - Simply not good enough

Todd - Played well at times, but his aggressive side often let him and the team down. e.g. Dugarry and van Persie

Carsley - Way he walked out on the club

Ferguson - Again the way he jumped ship

Hakan Sukur - Another who jumped ship when he felt like it

Sherwood - Form dipped dramatically after he left, I still think we would have stayed up in 99 had he stayed.

Pantomime villains

Diouf - Off field controversies and negative headlines ruined image of the club

McCarthy - Lost his talent and tried to blame the club

Santa Cruz - Was probably told he could leave if he had a good season with us (ala Bellamy) but we had the last laugh

Blake - Injured from the time the clocks went back until the clocks went forward again.

Bentley - The way he left, but like Santa Cruz we had the last laugh.

Genuine hate

Ashley Ward - Where to start?!!!!! Awful, paid an absolute fortune by all accounts. His terrible performances left a bitter taste for years. I'll never forget a game at Ewood when he was playing and he fell over in front of the Blackburn end, pretty much the whole ground chanted ''OFF OFF OFF OFF OFF OFF''

Archived