BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Most hated player to play for Blackburn

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You should get the shot gun to who started it

If you dislike this thread so much, why not just clear off out of it?

I mean, it's pretty obvious people are talking about strong dislike for the most part rather than true, genuine hatred, if the semantics is your gripe. If you don't like it, stop popping in to have a pop at the people who are having a nostalgic moan. And yes, I disagree strongly with several of the names put in here.

If you dislike this thread so much, why not just clear off out of it?

I mean, it's pretty obvious people are talking about strong dislike for the most part rather than true, genuine hatred, if the semantics is your gripe. If you don't like it, stop popping in to have a pop at the people who are having a nostalgic moan. And yes, I disagree strongly with several of the names put in here.

ha ha

are you going to tell me to go and support the dingles next?

the topic title is

Most hated player to play for Blackburn

not who shall we have a nostalgic moan about

ha ha

the topic title is

You should start the most hated brfcs member thread ha..

By the look of it we could actually pick a team from the players mentioned on this thread of players hated by the fans. We have had a goalkeeper, someone mentioned Fettis and I am sure we have had a back line, plenty to chose from in midfield and a sortie of strikers. I guess the next step has to be name a team them and a manager (which is easy)

On a completely different, does anyone remember Jonny Price? I recall him, from my very early childhood and if my memory serves me right, he was very small and was often the sub, when we were only allowed one. Does anyone know what happened to him? I am sure he had a couple of seasons with us around 1973/74. I was only around 7/8 years of age, but he was a sort of hero to me at that age, because of his size and for how the crowd responded to him, when he came off the bench. I would love to know what happened to him, after he left Rovers.

Inappropriate thread I guess but I seam to recall someone mentioning a while back that Johnny Price sadly passed away at an early age some years ago in Australia.

Cheers Darren.it's sad to hear that, but thanks for the information.

No one comes close to Kean

I also wouldnt hate someone just for being rubbish (ward, Andrews etc), blame the manager.

But Barry Ferguson is probably the worst. Came to the club thinking he was brilliant, was rubbish, went back to the easier Scottish league because he couldn't hack it, then slagged off Rovers and the fans just because he was idolised in the Mickey Mouse SPL.

Bradley Orr is worthy of a mention too.

By the look of it we could actually pick a team from the players mentioned on this thread of players hated by the fans. We have had a goalkeeper, someone mentioned Fettis and I am sure we have had a back line, plenty to chose from in midfield and a sortie of strikers. I guess the next step has to be name a team them and a manager (which is easy)

On a completely different, does anyone remember Jonny Price? I recall him, from my very early childhood and if my memory serves me right, he was very small and was often the sub, when we were only allowed one. Does anyone know what happened to him? I am sure he had a couple of seasons with us around 1973/74. I was only around 7/8 years of age, but he was a sort of hero to me at that age, because of his size and for how the crowd responded to him, when he came off the bench. I would love to know what happened to him, after he left Rovers.

Yeah I liked Johnny Price as well. I saw him a lot at Stockport County before he came to Rovers along with Freddie Goodwin. He was a crowd pleasing trier and was always willing to take on the full back. On a good day he could be a real handful. He started out with Burnley but I don't hold that against him. I'm sure I read somewhere he took his own life. If I'm wrong please accept my apologies.

Yeah I liked Johnny Price as well. I saw him a lot at Stockport County before he came to Rovers along with Freddie Goodwin. He was a crowd pleasing trier and was always willing to take on the full back. On a good day he could be a real handful. He started out with Burnley but I don't hold that against him. I'm sure I read somewhere he took his own life. If I'm wrong please accept my apologies.

I am afraid you are right. He was a great favourite in those dark days of the early 70's. Remember his goal v Bradford into the Darwen End net from what looked like 30 yards?

For me it has to be Orr after seeing that photo of him joking about truth and respect in the blackburn training ground that was clearly the straw that broke the camels back and would prefer if we just paid him off and for the way he slagged us fans off on twitter he would be the one I would want first out of the door bellend.

ha ha

the topic title is

Nope, I've never told anyone that.

Sure is a good thing everything everyone says in the world is literal. I'd 'hate' if people were prone to exaggeration etc. Especially the likes of footy fans, can you imagine?

Hate? None of them as they have done nothing wrong to me or mine.

Not sure why Jimmy Quinn has been mentioned. He was just one in a long list of players that the crowd turned on for little reason.

Most of the players I've grown to dislike have been in recent times and in the main due to their lack of professionalism and actions off field. Bradley Orr for his classless scummy behaviour, same with Colin Hendry. Danny Murphy and his Mrs and the ever widening Benni Mac. Goodwillie and his court appearances, Bentley pi@@ed up.

Also disliked the Portugese wanbabees, the tantric dancer and Paul Ince very much. Felt more aggressive feelings towards Steve Kean. The lying bell end will surely be our most disliked employee of all time.

Hate? None of them as they have done nothing wrong to me or mine.

Not sure why Jimmy Quinn has been mentioned. He was just one in a long list of players that the crowd turned on for little reason.

Most of the players I've grown to dislike have been in recent times and in the main due to their lack of professionalism and actions off field. Bradley Orr for his classless scummy behaviour, same with Colin Hendry. Danny Murphy and his Mrs and the ever widening Benni Mac. Goodwillie and his court appearances, Bentley pi@@ed up.

Also disliked the Portugese wanbabees, the tantric dancer and Paul Ince very much. Felt more aggressive feelings towards Steve Kean. The lying bell end will surely be our most disliked employee of all time.

Agree with all of that.. I guess it is the nuanced difference between the classic scapegoat and a real reptile.

I do think Orr is an interesting case. His first "sin" was one of Enobarbian loyalty...merely standing up for his beleaguered manager. Normally, that wouldn't have caused so much outrage.It is just that by then we all saw Kean as the complete, scaly, creeping reptile and we were very raw after that Wigan game. .

Archived