BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Most hated player to play for Blackburn

Orr or Best for me, can't believe people are mentioning Andy Todd he was quality for them two seasons under Hughes. Alan Shearer can't be hated for his contribution but as a pundit he looks like he only heard of football the night before absolute clueless analysis, no wonder he was a terrible manager.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RE: johnny Price - Something I vaguely remember is him dying around the same time as Noel Brotherston and Mick Heaton, all within a couple of months if I remember rightly, mid 90's ?

I remember Mick Heaton being involved in a fatal road crash on the Grane Road. He did end up living in a council house in Darwen, for the last few years of his life. I did have the pleasure of meeting him a couple of time, nit that long before the crash. A nice guy too, so very sad.

People that look for an extra pay day always wind me up and with his poor performances and arrogant attitude i'd go for Murphy. I remember when he stormed out of training because he wasn't in the starting line up under Bowyer last season.

We have certainly had our fair share of undesirables at the club recenlty.

Fortunately none are near the first team now.

To stand in front of the supporters and brazenly say live on air that Kean was still the man for the job after the Wigan relegation game meant Orr was extremely gullible, a huge WUM or down right thick after the history of the the fans relationship with the man.

That takes some beating for me.

He was weird. Great on loan, then very, very average once we signed him. Like a white Manu Adebiyor.

I must be the only person who genuinely thought he was average on loan and couldn't see why we splashed that money on him in the first place.

We've had to endure some very poor players and those who spit their dummies out and those who maybe badmouth the club after leaving it. But all that is nothing compared to what one player did.

I don't "hate" anyone, Barry Ferguson, Orr, Murphy or Witschege.

Only one man was despicable enough to post his transfer request before declaring himself fit to play when he wasn't.

The only one I have hated over the years was Derek Dougan. I can forgive the rest but not him.

Richard Witschege called Blackburn ugly and its people poor. Which is nothing different to what's been quoted on this board many times over the years. Maybe he was too honest for his own good.

He wasn't wrong, some parts of Blackburn are ugly and we have some of the most deprived areas in the country, that said you don't come out with statements like that when the club are paying your wages, another example of a thick footballer.

We've had to endure some very poor players and those who spit their dummies out and those who maybe badmouth the club after leaving it. But all that is nothing compared to what one player did.

I don't "hate" anyone, Barry Ferguson, Orr, Murphy or Witschege.

Only one man was despicable enough to post his transfer request before declaring himself fit to play when he wasn't.

The only one I have hated over the years was Derek Dougan. I can forgive the rest but not him.

Dougan gets my vote. I was only 10 when it happened - first time I heard my Father swear. Caused my Uncle who had followed Rovers for years never to set foot in Ewood again - called him names I can't print here. Uncle said Dougan was well involved in the ticket fiasco.

My shout would be Richard Witschge. He hated Rovers so we can hate him! Made 1 appearance for rovers towards the end of the premiership winning season, sulked off home instead of celebrating winning the league, and later described Blackburn as a poor and ugly place! The article in the link below explains in greater details:

http://www.wsc.co.uk/content/view/2725

The cheeky sod made damn well sure he got his mug on the Premier winning team shot at Anfield though!!...complete and utter ham shanker.

Kean No1 villain.The shameless goading of our fans at Wigan is burnt into my memory,never experienced anything like that before...totally vile.

Archived