BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Most hated player to play for Blackburn

Impossible to hate Andy Todd, player of the season twice under Hughes. I bet Souness never went in on Todd during training 5 a sides lol. Ashley Ward was one of the worst players i've seen but he always tried. Met the guy a couple of times a few years after Rovers, nice guy who had a genuine soft spot for Rovers. Used to go on Ewood a bit as a young bloke with his mates i believe. Orr is on a different planet to these with his antics, Kean is in a different universe. Has to be the most genuinely hated manager ever in English football.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some people need to take a chill pill. You can't hate someone because they are no good or because they move to another club and don't spend the rest of their career hypocritically fawning abiout their love of all things Blackburn. Orr, Murphy, maybe but apart from that hate is a strong word which shouldn't be used so easily.

Totally agree McClarky, we've had many a crap player over the years but I'd never say I hated them, just frustrated by them. Until recently when I've genuinely felt hatred towards Murphy, Orr and Best. I suspect Murphy would probably take the prime mantle but in fairness to him he did ultimately bite the bullet, shame a few others won't follow suite.

I concur, that although just before my time, Dougan was loathed with a passion, as my dad and grandad have told me.

Some people need to take a chill pill. You can't hate someone because they are no good or because they move to another club and don't spend the rest of their career hypocritically fawning abiout their love of all things Blackburn. Orr, Murphy, maybe but apart from that hate is a strong word which shouldn't be used so easily.

Totally agree McClarky, we've had many a crap player over the years but I'd never say I hated them, just frustrated by them. Until recently when I've genuinely felt hatred towards Murphy, Orr and Best. I suspect Murphy would probably take the prime mantle but in fairness to him he did ultimately bite the bullet, shame a few others won't follow suite.

I concur, that although just before my time, Dougan was loathed with a passion, as my dad and grandad have told me.

both right,

this topic takes the board to a new low

Walked for nothing I suppose did he? Trust me he'd of clung to the club if he'd had to.

Walked for nothing I suppose did he? Trust me he'd of clung to the club if he'd had to.

None of them need to cling to the club because they have to. It's not like they're destitute and can't afford to pay the mortgage or put food on the table is it?

He probably didn't walk for nothing (even though he got paid previously for doing nothing) but at least he sat down and negotiated a mutually amicable termination. Shame others won't.

Anyway, back on topic, I still hate the @#/? though and have to have some self restraint when he's summarising on TV. How he got that job god knows.

My shout would be Richard Witschge. He hated Rovers so we can hate him! Made 1 appearance for rovers towards the end of the premiership winning season, sulked off home instead of celebrating winning the league, and later described Blackburn as a poor and ugly place! The article in the link below explains in greater details:

http://www.wsc.co.uk/content/view/2725

Good point. He was a pratt.... unfortunately he was bang on about Blackburn though.

• Backroom

Before Venky's rolled into town I don't think I ever "hated" a Rovers player, or anybody associated with the club. Sure, there were players that irritated me: Ferguson, Samba, Neill, Grella, Ward, etc... and Ince as manager was a prize clown who infuriated me as well. But there wasn't any hatred.

Now however... Kean and Anderson obviously take the prize for most hated overall, with that disgusting parasite Agnew close behind them. In terms of players, Orr and Murphy were an absolute disgrace. I'll never forgive Orr for his post-relegation comments, and Murphy was another Kean brown-noser who came here for a last pay packet and nothing else.

Tough to hate players like todd. Limited ability but gave it his all. Also had a good habit of assaulting annoying players on the other side ie dugarry and van persie :)

Todd didn't assault RVP. It was RVP that ran sideways and shoved his face right into Todd's elbow. Both were watching the ball fly into our net. You are perpetuating the Talksport myth as started by that knob Adrian Durham when the soft bstard called for Todd to be charged with GBH! Fact was that after viewing the video evidence the following day the FA decided that Todd had no charge to face at all.

I really hated Lee Carsley. He NEVER left the centre circle unless he had to take a penalty. Absolutely misery to watch, like being forced to spend the rest of your days eating porridge, driving a beige Austin Metro, in Burnley, with only your mum to go home to.

Horrible.

Blinkered viewpoint. Carsley was no Tugay but then who is? Truth is he moved on to Everton under Moyes and and formed a very solid midfield pairing with Thomas Graveson.

Taking the question literally, it's Diouf without a doubt. There's few footballers universally despised as much as him.

By that yardstick you could add Robbie Savage. But both players were great for us. Pantomime baddies really.

My pick, Bradley Orr:

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/blackburn-rovers/news/orr-kean-is-devastated_26574.html

Blackburn Rovers defender Bradley Orr has revealed that manager Steve Kean is "devastated" after the club's relegation from the Premier League.

Rovers were condemned to Championship football next season following their 1-0 defeat to Wigan Athletic, whose own safety was secured with the result.

"He is very down, devastated, but behind the scenes, what people don't see, he has been different class and I am gutted for him," said Orr.

"We feel short as a group of players. It is hard to take. I have nothing but admiration and respect for him. On a daily basis he has done everything he can.

"If there is one man that can look in the mirror and say that he has given everything, it is the manager. As far as managers go, he is the best I have worked with."

Kean's management of the club has been the subject of fan protests throughout the season.

312083-2.jpg

Anyone mentioning Big Al in the same breath as the likes of Orr, Yorke, Murphy and Andrews genuinely needs their heads checking.

Shearer is an absolute club legend for what he did here and the manner in which he left doesn't matter at all.

It's like being jealous that your missus left you after a few good years together to go and be with her true love.

Accept it and get over it.

By that yardstick you could add Robbie Savage. But both players were great for us. Pantomime baddies really.

Savage was a wind-up merchant but I don't remember him gobbing on players and fans alike.

Also, listen to that prank call to Diouf on Youtube. The guys involved are morons but some of the stuff Diouf comes out with is seriously screwed up.

I don't hate any ex-rover but there's one or two I couldn't abide. Most of them have already been mentioned.

Christian Dailly , a bloody disaster, the guy was clueless when it came to defending !

Martin Dahlin , came injured and did nothing.

Per Frandsen , show pony, offered nothing.

Brian Hill , another lightweight on the left wing.

Frank Kopel , came from Man Utd with a big ego, did nothing.

My pick, Bradley Orr:

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/blackburn-rovers/news/orr-kean-is-devastated_26574.html

Blackburn Rovers defender Bradley Orr has revealed that manager Steve Kean is "devastated" after the club's relegation from the Premier League.

Rovers were condemned to Championship football next season following their 1-0 defeat to Wigan Athletic, whose own safety was secured with the result.

"He is very down, devastated, but behind the scenes, what people don't see, he has been different class and I am gutted for him," said Orr.

"We feel short as a group of players. It is hard to take. I have nothing but admiration and respect for him. On a daily basis he has done everything he can.

"If there is one man that can look in the mirror and say that he has given everything, it is the manager. As far as managers go, he is the best I have worked with."

Kean's management of the club has been the subject of fan protests throughout the season.

312083-2.jpg

Whilst agree on your choice Stuart are these words of wisdom any better? (granted the timing was not as bad and its not as much of a suck up, but at least he doesn't tell the supporters to get real :) because the squad has been decimated)

“The booing and the jeering doesn’t help anyone. From a players’ point of view, we see the hard work the manager and the staff do so it is disappointing to see the reaction.

“I am hoping it is just a minority. I heard the guys that are leading the protest on the radio and it is poor. To be leading protests is poor

“I can understand frustrations but let me tell you this no one is more disappointed and frustrated than the players and the manager, no one.

Followed up a few months later by saying relegation was that fault of a few players and not the management.

• Backroom

Whilst agree on your choice Stuart are these words of wisdom any better? (granted the timing was not as bad and its not as much of a suck up, but at least he doesn't tell the supporters to get real :) because the squad has been desemated)

“The booing and the jeering doesn’t help anyone. From a players’ point of view, we see the hard work the manager and the staff do so it is disappointing to see the reaction.

“I am hoping it is just a minority. I heard the guys that are leading the protest on the radio and it is poor. To be leading protests is poor

“I can understand frustrations but let me tell you this no one is more disappointed and frustrated than the players and the manager, no one.

Followed up a few months later by saying relegation was that fault of a few players and not the management.

David has taken plenty of stick for his ridiculous comments tbf, the above included. He gets a bit of leeway for being a Rovers fan and contributing directly to success at the club. Orr gets none because he's done nothing to earn it.

Fair point DE/stuart I agree Dunn doesn't belong in this thread (tbh the majority of players mentioned don't, hate such a strong word) , I was just pointing out that sentiments similar have been made albeit in a slightly more toned down way, and Orr did not help himself after those comments with his antics and his wife's on twitter.

• Backroom

I think Dunn's comments have definitely hurt his reputation in the eyes of a lot of people. You only have to see some of the comments on here to know plenty of people were hurt but the things he's said and are holding a grudge as a result. I don't think anyone hates him, but the overall feeling towards him is decidedly frostier due to his decision to side with Kean and blast the fans. It's possible there were some ulterior motives there as I believe Dunny was looking into coaching qualifications at the time? Not sure if he went through with that in the end.

Archived