BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Donny: 11th January 2014...if only it was 1958!

• Backroom

Experienced many play off matches with Rovers involved Tom? If you had you'd not be mocking Abbeys point I'd wager.

Just the one and it was a very happy one

I fully understand his point and would hate a rovers Burnley play off meet it was just a gentle rib :)

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the kind of game we've struggled with recently. They will come here to defend and hope to hit us on the break or from a set piece. The onus is on us to break them down which we have found difficult this season.

There have also been times this season where we have had some great results and on a real high and then our next game is an `easy` one but come up short. That is the situation we find today, off the back of two excellent performances and result and now go into a game we should win. We're inconsistent so I'm going for a draw/loss today.

Rhodes will score today though. He won't have liked being rested against City so will be well up for this one to send a "don't rest me again" message to GB.

For me Dunn is the key today. Without him we really have missed points at home in matches like today. Lowe and Williamson would be a stupid by GB and really hope he sees that too.

ROVERS: Robinson, Henley, Dann, Hanley, Spurr, Cairney, Lowe, Williamson, Marshall, Rhodes, Gestede

Subs: Eastwood, Kilgallon, Dunn, Campbell, Taylor, Rochina, Morris

Taylor picked up a knock in training and is only on the bench. Whilst King also sustained an injury in training and misses out.

So unless Rochina or Morris plays on the wing, it had to be Cairney.

I just hope he changes it if it isn't working.

• Backroom

We went at Leeds and won why not do the same at home? Campbell in for Williamson would have been more dynamic

Still I'm usually wrong anyway but on paper that's still easily strong enough to win this

Just arrived, seen the team, lowe and williamson was my only groan.

I had hoped the first half against brum was the last time i would see that pairing.

Taylor looks fine warming up.

Bowyer's blind-spot strikes again. Lets hope we win despite it

Anyone deny that Lowe is Bowyer's golden boy?

Push our most positive player (apart from Dunn) out of his best position to accommodate out most negative one.

People were talking about how Rhodes gets his place back, why does Lowe walk straight back into his?

Disappointed but not surprised. Seems to me Bowyer's season plan is to keep us in touch and try to snatch 6th on the final day. Let's hope it works because we have no choice but to hope for the best.

Archived