BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] kean OR BUST ?

ABBEY

The sad thing if that ever happens is we'll never make it back up to the heights we're at even now. Fans will drop off and never come back to supporting Rovers except the die hards and we'll get Bury/Rochdale size attendances week in week out making us a League Two team at the very best and even that will take years.

Exactly. If that ever happened then getting a draw at home to a club like Derby would be the stuff of dreams rather than a disappointment which it felt like yesterday.

We'd have to sell the ground and the training facilities. The remaining legacy from Jack Walker would be completely gone. I therefore find it astounding that some fans would take a new blackburn rovers playing in the conference if it meant the end of venkys.

Exactly. If that ever happened then getting a draw at home to a club like Derby would be the stuff of dreams rather than a disappointment which it felt like yesterday.

We'd have to sell the ground and the training facilities. The remaining legacy from Jack Walker would be completely gone. I therefore find it astounding that some fans would take a new blackburn rovers playing in the conference if it meant the end of venkys.

A new Rovers would have to start lower than the Conference, I think the entry point might be North West Counties First Division.

I do wish that 'Kean' wouldn't replace all swear words on here any more. Can't they just be blanked out like so- ####

I agree, despite thinking it's hilarious it just gets too confusing at times.

I don't think we'll go into admin, we'll sell some of the dead weight somehow and scrape through..somehow.

Venky's backing isn't the major factor any more. In a way, the more money they throw at the situation now, the worse we'll be next season.

FFP is the big problem now, expenditure now needs to be balanced against incoming and any money Venky's throw our way can't be counted as income. So, if they splash the cash on expensive wages, it's just going to ensure a transfer embargo next season. Sure, there are things their money can be (and is being) spent on, but it's not players or their wages.

What the club really needs to be doing is two fold, firstly offloading any dead weight and replacing old pros on high wages with young talented kids (both of which we're doing) and getting as many alternative revenue streams going as possible.

I said a couple of years ago that FFP would be a bigger threat to the club the any misguided owners ever could be. In the past a club could have idiotic owners who would at least splash the cash. Thanks to FFP, we can still have the owners, but not their bank roll (at least not to spend on the stuff that matters).

"The Venkys" has always wound me up, it's like calling Richard Branson's family "The Virgin's".

while bringing in younger players, on less wages, wouldnt it be possible for them to throw their money to clear the debt instead, or at least try and reduce it?

A new Rovers would have to start lower than the Conference, I think the entry point might be North West Counties First Division.

You may be right and I can't believe that any rational thinking supporter could contemplate that as a solution.

IMO for any form of sustainable future for the club, we have to hope that The Raos don't jump ship.

You may be right and I can't believe that any rational thinking supporter could contemplate that as a solution.

IMO for any form of sustainable future for the club, we have to hope that The Raos don't jump ship.

Correct. Quite amazing the lemming thinking on here isnt it?

Roa's, Desia's and a.n other is more of a mouthful

I prefer loons from pune, the incomptents or just plain scummers ;)

The virgins is a poor example as there is just Richard as the figurehead whereas we are owned by a collective of fools that is easiest described as Venkys. Or ship of fools?

If the owners have got finances under control (which I doubt) - in theory we lose £8m of income next season - sell Rhodes - and you plug the gap in the finances. It obviously leaves GB with a huge issue in trying to replace the goals that Rhodes scores - but would buy us another season before we had to start major surgery on the squad. Some may say that it is putting off the inevitable - but in truth for many local clubs - it is just about getting to the next season and keeping the wolves from the door.

If the owners have got finances under control (which I doubt) - in theory we lose £8m of income next season - sell Rhodes - and you plug the gap in the finances. It obviously leaves GB with a huge issue in trying to replace the goals that Rhodes scores - but would buy us another season before we had to start major surgery on the squad. Some may say that it is putting off the inevitable - but in truth for many local clubs - it is just about getting to the next season and keeping the wolves from the door.

Think that will happen as they will need to shift ALL the high earners. Him off the books and a few quid in towards paying off another waster or two. Then maybe they'll sacrifice another player for a few mill (Hanley?) to pay off a few more. Robbo and Dunn poss let go and there we have it, a squad lacking more qualitiy but capable of mid table again and a much smaller wage bill. Then when the parachutes finish altogether ? Oh dear.... Meanwhile Ethuhu will still be plodding through his long contract sitting at home with his sore knee !

One of the bastions of Rovers for many years was the '100 Club'.

I just wondered if it was still going?

I think there is some incarnation - you buy a ST, and then for the extra, you can use the DE hospitality [Jack's kitchen] before/after game, and you also get 4 x away trips included [travel/food/ticket included]

Archived