BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] kean OR BUST ?

ABBEY

If Venky's are prepared to back the club then it isn't bust. If they opt not to back the club then it almost certainly is bust with no white knight on the horizon to pick up a £54 million debt. As much as I dislike Venky's for what they have done to this club our immediate future is dependent on them providing financial support. It's become the classic Catch-22. None of us want them here and yet without their money the club might very well cease to exist.

Lets put the question another way, if we don't go up this season who thinks we'll be:

(1) In administration

(2) Dissolved and a new `Blackburn Rovers` playing in non league football

(3) In the championship and cutting costs further/trimming wage bill but facing a transfer embargo if FFP comes into force.

For me, option C is by far and away the most likely thing to happen if we don't go up. I don't subscribe to the view we'll be dissolved or in admin.

If Venky's are prepared to back the club then it isn't bust. If they opt not to back the club then it almost certainly is bust with no white knight on the horizon to pick up a £54 million debt. As much as I dislike Venky's for what they have done to this club our immediate future is dependent on them providing financial support. It's become the classic Catch-22. None of us want them here and yet without their money the club might very well cease to exist.

Well put, Parson Blue. It's not kean or bust of we don't get promoted. It's kean or bust whether Venkys decide to back us or not financially.

I personally think that the 27th march will pass and absolutely nothing will happen.

Me too. If we don't get promoted, we will be following the same model as this season. Buying cheap, young players and trying to get rid of high earners/deadwood. We will also have to sacrifice a key player. This season it will be Dann and next season it will be Rhodes.

Let's not get carried away with the Kean or bust nonsense. There will be financial challenges for sure but let's not sensationalise it.

The maths suggest bust but the approach Bowyer is being allowed to take suggests we have loads of time.

Personally I'm counting down to 27th March with interest.

It is hard to draw any other conclusion from Venky's approach to transfers or Bowyer's approach to the team. It doesn't look like the club is are going all out for promotion...

if venky's are prepared to back the club?

this is a misleading statement ... I'm prepared to back the club, yet I don't have the money to do so. so I don't. how long can a chicken wholesale company use an indian bank's line of credit to fund a chronically loss making english football club with few realisable assets of significant worth and a probable lack of available capital to invest themselves?

it's like a poirot mystery, what is venky's motive for behaving as they do? I suspect fowl play which a sale would reveal and which they'll do anything short of bankrupt themselves to prevent as phil suggested.

it's possibly wrong but there is so much that ostensibly doesn't make sense

this is a misleading statement ... I'm prepared to back the club, yet I don't have the money to do so. so I don't. how long can a chicken wholesale company use an indian bank's line of credit to fund a chronically loss making english football club with few realisable assets of significant worth and a probable lack of available capital to invest themselves?

it's like a poirot mystery, what is venky's motive for behaving as they do? I suspect fowl play which a sale would reveal and which they'll do anything short of bankrupt themselves to prevent as phil suggested.

It's like watching the first instalment of Silent Witness and missing the second!

Perhaps Venky's are wealthier than we think, but then you would still have to ask ' what's in it for them ' ?

Venky's backing isn't the major factor any more. In a way, the more money they throw at the situation now, the worse we'll be next season.

FFP is the big problem now, expenditure now needs to be balanced against incoming and any money Venky's throw our way can't be counted as income. So, if they splash the cash on expensive wages, it's just going to ensure a transfer embargo next season. Sure, there are things their money can be (and is being) spent on, but it's not players or their wages.

What the club really needs to be doing is two fold, firstly offloading any dead weight and replacing old pros on high wages with young talented kids (both of which we're doing) and getting as many alternative revenue streams going as possible.

I said a couple of years ago that FFP would be a bigger threat to the club the any misguided owners ever could be. In the past a club could have idiotic owners who would at least splash the cash. Thanks to FFP, we can still have the owners, but not their bank roll (at least not to spend on the stuff that matters).

It should be re-named the Raos, make it personal

"The Venkys" has always wound me up, it's like calling Richard Branson's family "The Virgin's".

Venky's backing isn't the major factor any more. In a way, the more money they throw at the situation now, the worse we'll be next season.

FFP is the big problem now, expenditure now needs to be balanced against incoming and any money Venky's throw our way can't be counted as income. So, if they splash the cash on expensive wages, it's just going to ensure a transfer embargo next season. Sure, there are things their money can be (and is being) spent on, but it's not players or their wages.

What the club really needs to be doing is two fold, firstly offloading any dead weight and replacing old pros on high wages with young talented kids (both of which we're doing) and getting as many alternative revenue streams going as possible.

I said a couple of years ago that FFP would be a bigger threat to the club the any misguided owners ever could be. In the past a club could have idiotic owners who would at least splash the cash. Thanks to FFP, we can still have the owners, but not their bank roll (at least not to spend on the stuff that matters).

"The Venkys" has always wound me up, it's like calling Richard Branson's family "The Virgin's".

Will the FFP fully come into force? I'm not convinced. I believe many clubs are preparing to challenge it next season.

Even if it does, what's to stop Venkys or any other owner putting money into the club via other revenue streams like sponsorship or something like that. Will wealthy clubs like Forest or QPR stop spending money? No. They'll find loopholes in the rules. If an owner wants to spend money then they will do.

Now there is an image.

Can you use the filter to change Venkys to Raos like with kean to kean

The venkymob surely cannot be enjoying owning a football club. The shine must have gone off it and Indian society bragging rights all but used up. FFP biting soon / parachutes ending and a chance to wipe out the Debt and take the opportunity to offload a relatively healthy club with superb facilities during the World Cup fervour...... it does all rather point to this season.

Ask yourselves .....what would you do?

(2) Dissolved and a new `Blackburn Rovers` playing in non league football

The sad thing if that ever happens is we'll never make it back up to the heights we're at even now. Fans will drop off and never come back to supporting Rovers except the die hards and we'll get Bury/Rochdale size attendances week in week out making us a League Two team at the very best and even that will take years.

But one of them isn't called Rao?????

Yep, in fact two of them are, one of them was (before marriage) and the fourth is married to a former Rao.

However, precisely none of them are called Venky. It's a brand name, presumed to has been derived from Venkateshwara Hatcheries, which in turn is presumed to be derived from Venkateswara one of the forms of Hindo god Vishnu (as an aside another name for the form is Balaji). Hence my comparison of "The Virgins" for Richard Bransons family.

Ask yourselves .....what would you do?

Irrelevant. The whole notable point from the reign until some recent point (between Kean and Aggers going) in history if they've not done anything close to what we'd have done.

Any chance we can provide suggestions of words that can replace Venky's every time it is typed then we can have a poll and choose the best one. Unfortunately most of them that I could suggest will be replaced by "Kean" so obviously a bit of software adjustment will be needed before it can go ahead :)

Any chance we can provide suggestions of words that can replace Venky's every time it is typed then we can have a poll and choose the best one. Unfortunately most of them that I could suggest will be replaced by "Kean" so obviously a bit of software adjustment will be needed before it can go ahead :)

Start you of....Venkstains..Venkunts, Wanky's

Start you of....Venkstains..Venkunts, Wanky's

Keep it simple and personal, the family name is Rao

Archived