BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Rao's

(1) Please explain how we will get PL football with them.

(2) We have no divine right to the PL, until they messed it up we were doing OK though.

(3) & (4) WTF has attending all protest got to do with it ? I tried to get an audience with these lunes in Pune ( via contacts in Pune )

AT MY EXPENSE

(1) We missed out on the play-offs by two points this season. We ended the season very well and GB has built a decent squad within his 12month tenure to date. With a settled side and a full pre-season behind them (plus one or two astute signings) then I believe we could have enough to make a fist of it. Now: I've given my explanation of how I think we COULD get promoted with Venkys; Would you like to follow that up with your explanation of how we would even entertain the idea of promotion without them?

(2) Correct, we were; but unless you are building, or at least developing early ideas for some sort of time-traveling device, there's precisely @#/? all we can do about the past. This is about looking forward and trying to piece together the mess that has been left, not pissing the rest of it away because 'we want Venkyscum out'.

(3) Well you said 'you expect posters to just take it', which implies you expect action. My point is that we didn't 'just take it', we actively tried to do something about it. Now however, the perilous situation dictates that we can't at this point afford to lose Venkys unless we want to start from Grassroots again. Hence many of us sitting tight and praying for promotion.

(4) I'll take that as a no to the protests then? It's very admirable that you attempted to get an audience with Venkys, how did it work out in the end? I hope you didn't commit too much of 'YOUR EXPENSE' to the exercise.

• Replies 972
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please explain how we will get PL football with them.

We have no divine right to the PL, until they messed it up we were doing OK though.

WTF has attending all protest got to do with it ? I tried to get an audience with these lunes in Pune ( via contacts in Pune )

AT MY EXPENSE

Very good point. Even if someone did not attend all the protests, does that automatically invalidate their current analysis or their right to share it?

The sooner people can dump this drive to tar and feather perceived "collaborators, the sooner we can have a united front in focusing on the real perpetrators.

On another note I do still rankle at the phrase "an audience with" Mme. An audience with The Pope is one thing, but Madame Grim FFS!. Even if it was originally sarcastic, that phrase has crept uncritically in to Venky discussions, lending them an undeserved mystique...Also, you can probably see why they never let me have anything sharp in here!

Very good point. Even if someone did not attend all the protests, does that automatically invalidate their current analysis or their right to share it?

The sooner people can dump this drive to tar and feather perceived "collaborators, the sooner we can have a united front in focusing on the real perpetrators.

On another note I do still rankle at the phrase "an audience with" Mme. An audience with The Pope is one thing, but Madame Grim FFS!. Even if it was originally sarcastic, that phrase has crept uncritically in to Venky discussions, lending them an undeserved mystique...Also, you can probably see they never let me have anything sharp in here!

Please see below my original response to Yoda, which was my explanation as to the mentioning of the Protests. He asked Tom 'you expect posters to just take it'.

(3) Well you said 'you expect posters to just take it', which implies you expect action. My point is that we didn't 'just take it', we actively tried to do something about it. Now however, the perilous situation dictates that we can't at this point afford to lose Venkys unless we want to start from Grassroots again. Hence many of us sitting tight and praying for promotion.

No. Didn't the old fella have all the business acuman?

Problem is Den that whatever has gone on in the past (and you know well that I predicted most of it) and whoever screwed up by getting into bed with the Dastardly and Muttley is irrelevant. No one can do anything about that now, revenge is useless and damaging cos we are all in this together. Lots of things may happen in the future and that future is most uncertain but all that can happen that will repair the damage is promotion to then prem and the ensuing financial package. I've no idea how we'll do it (I know you want a new manager for starters ) but the only way anything positive can happen is if the club and it's supporters are all pulling in the right direction. And before you remind me I was one of the first to bale out cos I couldn't face giving my money to a crook / crooks. That is thankfully behind us now and imo last season saw real progress back to becoming a 'proper' club. Whether the much maligned Singh had any input to kick start it by cutting out the rot, whether Shaw and Bowyer work well together, whether the Rao's have taken wise advice I don't know. All I can tell you is that last season saw our fortunes noticeably turn around and head in the right direction for the first time in some years now.

I would be looking around and sounding out potential managers, yes Gord. That's not the same as blindly sacking Bowyer.

Anyway, there's nothing we can do as fans, except get behind the manager. Of course you're right there and that's how it's been. That shouldn't stop fans saying exactly what they think on sites like this though. In fact, it won't stop them.

Tell me - in your view, what's their endgame and where will that leave the club? I guess I'm really asking " how can we come out of this smelling of roses?

(1) We missed out on the play-offs by two points this season. We ended the season very well and GB has built a decent squad within his 12month tenure to date. With a settled side and a full pre-season behind them (plus one or two astute signings) then I believe we could have enough to make a fist of it. Now: I've given my explanation of how I think we COULD get promoted with Venkys; Would you like to follow that up with your explanation of how we would even entertain the idea of promotion without them?

(2) Correct, we were; but unless you are building, or at least developing early ideas for some sort of time-traveling device, there's precisely @#/? all we can do about the past. This is about looking forward and trying to piece together the mess that has been left, not pissing the rest of it away because 'we want Venkyscum out'.

(4) I'll take that as a no to the protests then? It's very admirable that you attempted to get an audience with Venkys, how did it work out in the end? I hope you didn't commit too much of 'YOUR EXPENSE' to the exercise.

Don't come that elite @#/? with me, I missed one protest due to a prior commitment, I was KGH were you, not that it matters, at KGH it was plainly obvious that the club was @#/?.

Stop calling them Venkys, the family is Rao, re the visit, they would not communicate, even with a local businessman of very good standing, not at the right level you see.

That is the kind of people who own the club.

Please see below my original response to Yoda, which was my explanation as to the mentioning of the Protests. He asked Tom 'you expect posters to just take it'.

Ok.

Quite apart from your post,I do think there is an unhelpful "tar and feather" theme that comes to the fore in Rao discussions. Previously, the issue even generated a bit of French post occupation reprisals banter on this very board.

Boringly, maybe, I am just saying we need a united fan base...

You mean the one where she was accused of despoiling an area of natural beauty and acting without planning permission?

It doesn't ring true of straight-dealers to me (of course, as far as I know, they haven't been found guilty as yet, but mud has this annoying tendency to stick).

I can't prove they're minted either way but given our current situation, ie that we're piddling money out of the door and missing out on Premiership mega-money, then if it was me I'd be chucking money at it to get back up. I know money is already being chucked at it, but compared to what's on offer in the Premiership, if they were sitting on a lot of dough, you'd expect they'd be pumping it in to get back into teh Prem. Especially if they wanted to dispose of us. Wouldn't taht make sense? Get back to teh Prem, pocket the TV money to recoup your losses and then sell the club on.

Would that not be the logical thing to do here?

Again, I'm not criticising them for not doing something I don't have the wherewithal to do myself, but I'm just trying to see the sense in a reduced budget and a promoted academy director as manager. That would be false economy if they could easily afford to spend more.

Logical??? Bryan you appear to have missed them being 'advised' to do just that. Don't you rem Kean giving massive Premier League long term contracts to the likes of Murphy, Etohu, Best, Orr and Dunny as well as bringing in any number of foreign players with bounties attached? Can you honestly blame them for taking a different and wiser approach of late?

Don't come that elite @#/? with me, I missed one protest due to a prior commitment, I was KGH were you, not that it matters, at KGH it was plainly obvious that the club was @#/?.

Stop calling them Venkys, the family is Rao, re the visit, they would not communicate, even with a local businessman of very good standing, not at the right level you see.

That is the kind of people who own the club.

It appears that rather than you 'touching Booyaka's nerves' as you suggested above, I have indeed whacked yours. So you would agree that as a fan base we didn't just take it; We actually tried to do something about it, UNTIL it became blatantly obvious that without the Rao's we would indeed be in deeper trouble than we are already.

I have absolutely no idea what the acronym 'KGH' actually represents Yoda. I would be interested to hear more about it on the premise that it is actually related to the topic of debate.

Apologies, I often refer to them as Venkys. I'll try to refrain from doing so from now on.

Yep as I said, I hope you didn't pour too much of your expense into the exercise, as it appears it was a waste of time. Admirable but effectively a failure.

Out of interest was this pre or post Pune 9? If it was post then it would have been foolish to even contemplate the idea of going to see them as it was blatantly obvious that they would say anything to appease the fans, even if you had received communication and a warm welcome to Pune.

As for 'coming that elite @#/? with you'; I'm not the one that took it upon his/herself to inform the other that they had indeed tried to take an audience with the Rao family 'AT YOUR OWN EXPENSE'. The definition of willy waving.

You didn't answer my original question either. How will we achieve PL football without the Rao's?

I would be looking around and sounding out potential managers, yes Gord. That's not the same as blindly sacking Bowyer.

Anyway, there's nothing we can do as fans, except get behind the manager. Of course you're right there and that's how it's been. That shouldn't stop fans saying exactly what they think on sites like this though. In fact, it won't stop them.

Tell me - in your view, what's their endgame and where will that leave the club?

No idea at all. Have you? Has anybody?

When they trapped up I suspected they may be asset strippers looking for a quick buck (why on earth would anybody from the other side of the globe want to buy tiny, unfashionable BRFC ?) . Seems I was wrong cos they must have made significant losses. After that I've not a clue whats in it for them. The other way around and after being fleeced by a couple of chancers on the make / take I'd have shut the doors, sold everything that isn't nailed down and taken the inevitable hit long before now.

Ok.

Quite apart from your post,I do think there is an unhelpful "tar and feather" theme that comes to the fore in Rao discussions. Previously, the issue even generated a bit of French post occupation reprisals banter on this very board.

I would agree with that. Just this afternoon Abbey was going on about 'Real Fans', almost suggesting that I wasn't one because I wouldn't go and stand at a meaningless North West Counties match should the worst happen.

Oh, and Yoda telling us all he tried to get an audience with the Rao family 'AT HIS OWN EXPENSE', and asking if I was KGH, whatever that is.

Stop calling them Venkys, the family is Rao, re the visit, they would not communicate, even with a local businessman of very good standing, not at the right level you see. That is the kind of people who own the club.

Hey! Thats a thought!....... Wonder if we can get Her Majesty to put in a bid on our behalf?

It appears that rather than you 'touching Booyaka's nerves' as you suggested above, I have indeed whacked yours. So you would agree that as a fan base we didn't just take it; We actually tried to do something about it, UNTIL it became blatantly obvious that without the Rao's we would indeed be in deeper trouble than we are already.

I have absolutely no idea what the acronym 'KGH' actually represents Yoda. I would be interested to hear more about it on the premise that it is actually related to the topic of debate.

Apologies, I often refer to them as Venkys. I'll try to refrain from doing so from now on.

Yep as I said, I hope you didn't pour too much of your expense into the exercise, as it appears it was a waste of time. Admirable but effectively a failure.

Out of interest was this pre or post Pune 9? If it was post then it would have been foolish to even contemplate the idea of going to see them as it was blatantly obvious that they would say anything to appease the fans, even if you had received communication and a warm welcome to Pune.

As for 'coming that elite @#/? with you'; I'm not the one that took it upon his/herself to inform the other that they had indeed tried to take an audience with the Rao family 'AT YOUR OWN EXPENSE'. The definition of willy waving.

You didn't answer my original question either. How will we achieve PL football without the Rao's?

KGH = King Goerges Hall

Before Pune 9, I was not expecting a warm welcome and would have pointed out a few home truths based on information that was passed to me.

You brought up the ALL protests, short attention span me thinks

re PL football, it will take a long time with the right owners who have the club at heart, with the Rao's probably never as we will cease to exist.

Hey! Thats a thought!....... Wonder if we can get Her Majesty to put in a bid on our behalf?

That brought something to the debate,

not sure what though!

Ok.

Quite a few shared your opinion in 2011 Leonard!!

Fat lot of good it did though. We did take a significant lot of stick I remember from the 'Ostriches' who though WE were the enemy within. Not many like yourself who have the cahones to own up to being naive through those times might I add.

No idea at all. Have you? Has anybody?

😀 no.

It's a reasonable question to fill in a minute or two. Can someone give me an endgame scenario where the club and owners come out of this situation in a decent state?

Logical??? Bryan you appear to have missed them being 'advised' to do just that. Don't you rem Kean giving massive Premier League long term contracts to the likes of Murphy, Etohu, Best, Orr and Dunny as well as bringing in any number of foreign players with bounties attached? Can you honestly blame them for taking a different and wiser approach of late?

The issue there was being advised by the wrong people, rather than expenditure per se. In any case, they weren't maintaining the existing wage expenditure and then adding to it with useless players. I seem to recall a lot of transfer receipts during that time as well. Quite a feat that, to sell all your best players, replace them with rubbish and still make a loss. They really did get taken to the cleaners.

They seem to have recognised that since they've binned Anderson. Whether they did bin Kean or whether he walked of his own accord I'm not sure.

But in any case, the point I was trying to make was that if they are that rich that money is no object then they seem awful restrained in the spending given that getting to the premiserhip would pay many debts. Again, I reiterate that I'm not criticising their expenditure, I'm working from the mindset that they're rolling in money. Presumably they now have a working relationship of trust with people at the club now, so although they have had their fingers burned in the past, if it was me I'd be moving heaven and earth to get the club promoted and sellable.

I'm not convinced at all, I don't think they are rolling in money, because otherwise the situation just doesn't add up.

Quite a few shared your opinion in 2011 Leonard!!

Fat lot of good it did though. We did take a significant lot of stick I remember from the 'Ostriches' who though WE were the enemy within. Not many like yourself who have the cahones to own up to being naive through those times might I add.

Thanks?...That was then, this is now...

"Oh noble Michael Collins, you were Cork and Ireland's pride.." :brfcsmilie:

I would agree with that. Just this afternoon Abbey was going on about 'Real Fans', almost suggesting that I wasn't one because I wouldn't go and stand at a meaningless North West Counties match should the worst happen.

Oh, and Yoda telling us all he tried to get an audience with the Rao family 'AT HIS OWN EXPENSE', and asking if I was KGH, whatever that is.

Rovers Til I die? or just as long we are in the two divisions?

We would have needed 3 more points to get a play off place, something that I pointed out to chaddy, which he ignored. Also we would have needed another 24 points for promotion, tell me where these extra points are coming from next season.

Rovers Til I die? or just as long we are in the two divisions?

Dunno Abbey.... you might try asking someone who runs Blackburn Olympic.

Just as an aside you stated that you hate Venkys more than you hate Burnley. Reading your posts on here suggest that you hate the venky's more than you love the Rovers. :mellow:

Just as an aside you stated that you hate Venkys more than you hate Burnley. Reading your posts on here suggest that you hate the venky's more than you love the Rovers. :mellow:

I take it as he loves the Rovers more, much more

We would have needed 3 more points to get a play off place, something that I pointed out to chaddy, which he ignored. Also we would have needed another 24 points for promotion, tell me where these extra points are coming from next season.

Most recent results from the 1/4/14 until the last game v Wigan (8 matches) yielded 18 points. That equates to 103 over 46 games. More than enough. A strong defence, a variety of talents in midfield and two strikers scoring for fun worked wonders.

no i hate venkys more than anything ive ever hated. When i say hate i mean HATE. I just have trouble getting my head round the venky love now on show after all theyve done to us.

I take it as he loves the Rovers more, much more

Me too but not to the point of promoting a suicide policy for the club as a preference to getting rid of wealthy owners who at the moment appear to be supporting the club financially whilst staying well in the background. No one knows what the future will bring but wishing an end to a club which is a founder member of both the football league and the Premier League and winners of both is just the complete last resort.

Archived