BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Rao's

I hate pointing this out because it's churlish, but I find your belief more fatiguing- that everything that is happening at the club is negative or wrong.

And yes.. More thinking, less chucking money down a black hole!

GOOD FOR YOU

• Replies 972
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In that case, why did they go to the trouble of moving the club's banking to India?

If they have the money to get us out of this mess, then why didn't they pay off the club's overdraft immediately like they said they would?

If they're that loaded then why haven't they sourced the best possible manager to get us promoted?

I don't think what you are saying is borne out by what has happened.

Name Bryan? Only asking cos if you cant name one then how can you expect them to? Remember they have had much seriously bad advice from 'trusted' sources. No wonder they are acting like a tortoise under threat.

In that case, why did they go to the trouble of moving the club's banking to India?

If they have the money to get us out of this mess, then why didn't they pay off the club's overdraft immediately like they said they would?

If they're that loaded then why haven't they sourced the best possible manager to get us promoted?

I don't think what you are saying is borne out by what has happened.

Maybe not ever being a billionaire myself clouds my judgement a little where money is concerned but I would imagine even if I had billions, having lost signifant trusting supposed experts in their field and getting nothing back in return would make me a bit cautious too.

I would hope that Venkys must have learned by now that just chucking money at the problem doesn't guarantee instant success.

Maybe not ever being a billionaire myself clouds my judgement a little where money is concerned but I would imagine even if I had billions, having lost signifant trusting supposed experts in their field and getting nothing back in return would make me a bit cautious too.

I would hope that Venkys must have learned by now that just chucking money at the problem doesn't guarantee instant success.

Nah, if they have billions like you say, they would pay for the best advisors and employ the best people. Either they aren't as wealthy as you say, or they are clueless. My bet is both.

Nah, if they have billions like you say, they would pay for the best advisors and employ the best people. Either they aren't as wealthy as you say, or they are clueless. My bet is both.

I think you might be on the money there Den.

What is it they say about wealthy people:

One generation makes it.

The second maintains it.

The third loses it.

Is that what we are witnessing here?

If they are as intelligent as some would want, then they'd move heaven and earth to get JW and a few others back to wright the ship.

Yes, they've had seriously bad advice, but Jerome Anderson is nowhere near the club now. No doubt they have learned their lesson there, I would hope they now know how to spot a bad 'un. Bad 'un's are particular to football, you get them in all walks of business. If you can't spot a shark then you're dead in the water. Perhaps the issue was more that he was mates with Balaji before the takeover of the club, and so he was given more trust than otherwise would've been the case. Bet they're not mates now.

Am I to believe that if they hadn't had their fingers burned then they'd now be lavishing mega-bucks on getting Rovers promoted? Looking at the pattern of the last 3 years, I'd say no. With all that money on offer in the premiership, they'd be gagging to get back up, if they had billions it's my feeling that they wouldn't be so timid with their money.

I think you might be on the money there Den.

What is it they say about wealthy people:

One generation makes it.

The second maintains it.

The third loses it.

Is that what we are witnessing here?

If they are as intelligent as some would want, then they'd move heaven and earth to get JW and a few others back to wright the ship.

I think with Venky's the third generation will have their begging bowl out.

They'd never get JW back even if they did have the dough. They'd have to swallow their pride, never going to happen.

Yes, they've had seriously bad advice, but Jerome Anderson is nowhere near the club now. No doubt they have learned their lesson there, I would hope they now know how to spot a bad 'un. Bad 'un's are particular to football, you get them in all walks of business. If you can't spot a shark then you're dead in the water. Perhaps the issue was more that he was mates with Balaji before the takeover of the club, and so he was given more trust than otherwise would've been the case. Bet they're not mates now.

Am I to believe that if they hadn't had their fingers burned then they'd now be lavishing mega-bucks on getting Rovers promoted? Looking at the pattern of the last 3 years, I'd say no. With all that money on offer in the premiership, they'd be gagging to get back up, if they had billions it's my feeling that they wouldn't be so timid with their money.

I think with Venky's the third generation will have their begging bowl out.

They'd never get JW back even if they did have the dough. They'd have to swallow their pride, never going to happen.

Whether they have Millions, Billions or bloody Trillions. It makes no odds to me because at the moment I see no one else willing to part with their money for the sake of little old BRFC.

Either we battle on and hope to God we get promoted, or we go down Abbey's route and run the risk of losing our league status. After this season and the relative calm around the club (no, everything isn't perfect btw), then I would much prefer to continue as we are.

This lot are supposedly up there with the 'best' Den......... http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/8738350.So_just_who_are_Kentaro_and_the_SEM_group_/?ref=rc

After getting into bed with that lot it's small wonder that the tortoise syndrome has taken over is it?

Quite prophetic.............

Whether they have Millions, Billions or bloody Trillions. It makes no odds to me because at the moment I see no one else willing to part with their money for the sake of little old BRFC.

Either we battle on and hope to God we get promoted, or we go down Abbey's route and run the risk of losing our league status. After this season and the relative calm around the club (no, everything isn't perfect btw), then I would much prefer to continue as we are.

Unfortunately I think it is relevant because if they don't have the resources to maintain our losses in the medium term thne we'll be sunk anyway.

I say medium term, because I don't think promotion is a given in the next 2 to 3 years unless there's a significant change.

Of course no-one's willing to leap in and take over BRFC, and that's because the people you so desperately want to stay as owners have turned us into an economic basket case.

Well, they could have spent a fortune trying to make us virtually unbeatable and got us promoted, instead of making the manager trawl the lower leagues for freebies and cast-offs. They owed the Club that after selling a Premier League team for peanuts.

That's just one thing they could have done, I'm sure others can come up with more. Posters have already pointed to the number of

injuries and lack of fitness as a guide to the absence of expertise in the support staff.

Why, if they are so rich, did they, from the very beginning, announce they would be running the Club on the cheap? "Leasing players", 5M transfer spending a year FFS.

These people are "wrong uns" and the next disaster is always around the corner. Can't believe how people don't learn from experience.

Pretty much my feelings.

I never understood this either. Why all the cheap loan ideas at the beginning, when Premiership status was there to maintain and protect?

Why begin their first full season with last minute Primark shopping and a much weaker squad than the one that had only survived by the skin of it's teeth? Why all the wasted millions with Shebby, when Premiership had already been p***d away?

I am assuming there are a few jigsaw pieces that we just haven't seen yet. I guess that significant changes in actual ownership probably took place?

I just don't buy the idea that the agents were only advisers..Shebby, Agnew, the Berg dismissal, the court case, the shenanigans with the appointment and dismissal of Appleton smell like rather more than a squabble between employees in the same company.

Things do seem different now, but with all the secrecy and unanswered questions I have no trust in Venky's.

I can't believe that sone folk seem to think that the solution to our problems is for the Venkys to put sone more money in. They have poured money into this black hole of their creation for nearly 4 years and at every turn the mess has grown bigger and bigger. More of their cash just leaves the club in a more precarious position IMO.

Dickson Etuhu

Danny Murphy

Nuno Gomes

DJ Campbell

Leon Best

Jordan Rhodes

Josh King

This is the trash that turned up last time the Raos 'chucked some decent money at the playing staff' to the tune of £13.5m and god only knows how much in wages per week.

Alan Judge

Chris Taylor

Matt Kilgallon

Tommy Spurr

Corry Evans

Rudy Gestede

Tom Cairney

Craig Conway

Michael Keane

This is the list of players that were brought in following sensible scouting and player recruitment. Altogether I believe the sum total for that lot is around the £2m mark.

Now, which list would you choose to start the season with Rover_Shaun? Chucking money around isn't the answer for us at the moment. Quality recruitment within our means is the way forward, and I for one hope that Bowyer continues to unearth gems to compliment those that he has already so successfully gleaned.

Furthermore, they won't be able to chuck money at it come Christmas as we will be under the constraints of a transfer embargo come January 2015.

All from the proceeds of selling off our best players. They have put nowt into the transfer fee kitty.

Lets see if Cairney, Spurr and Gestede can repeat it next season before creaming our kecks and putting medals around Bowyers neck. We've had plenty of one season, or part season wonders in the past. Evans and Marshall have it all to proove. Are they just injury prone or can they become consistant. We have seen the former so lets see the latter

Would it not be better to get rid and start again now than in say 3 years time with total liquidation ?.

I can't believe that sone folk seem to think that the solution to our problems is for the Venkys to put sone more money in. They have poured money into this black hole of their creation for nearly 4 years and at every turn the mess has grown bigger and bigger. More of their cash just leaves the club in a more precarious position IMO.

What he said.

This lot are supposedly up there with the 'best' Den......... http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/8738350.So_just_who_are_Kentaro_and_the_SEM_group_/?ref=rc

After getting into bed with that lot it's small wonder that the tortoise syndrome has taken over is it?

That just fits in with the second part of the equation Gord - they are clueless. Jack Walker didn't need Kentaro to find John Williams did he? Nor do most other clubs. For me, all this talk of the current route, being the sensible route, is the dumbing down of fans expectations. There is an obvious way forward here, go get an experienced Chief Executive and give him control. Not a problem if you have the money and just a little idea.

You have written more sense in three sentences there than any of the hundreds of posts on this thread.

Well I certainly don't want the club to be more indebted than it already is. I am just trying to argue that the Rao's have a lot less money than some people seem to think.

Would it not be better to get rid and start again now than in say 3 years time with total liquidation ?.

What he said.

I admit that has often had a strong emotional appeal for me too. However, I decided that it is a bit like being smashing my very expensive racquet to work out my immense frustration at losing an important point in a tennis match!!!.

I have to make myself think through each stage, asking the "And then what?" question. I end up with the unpalatable acceptance that we are in intensive care, having to rely on the doctors who poisoned us in the first place!

That just fits in with the second part of the equation Gord - they are clueless. Jack Walker didn't need Kentaro to find John Williams did he? Nor do most other clubs. For me, all this talk of the current route, being the sensible route, is the dumbing down of fans expectations. There is an obvious way forward here, go get an experienced Chief Executive and give him control. Not a problem if you have the money and just a little idea.

And how would that help with cost-cutting before January?

I say this with questions in my own head hearing that Gazza's about to sign Varney who will probably cost more per week bench warming than getting in an experienced head which makes me wonder if they're just listening to him now and only him?

"Mr Purple" needs a brain transplant. (2nd contributor in the comments column). Mind you there were plenty like him at the time.

Archived