BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Rao's

We would be in a position of rebuilding the club from top to bottom,wherever that mey be bring it on!

You and what army, with what finances, and what senior level management team i.e. Board members, financial team, administration, all the way through to kit man and everything in between?

We might not like the Raos' much but I can tell you I'd take a season like this one I personally quite enjoyed, over re-starting in the North West bloody God knows what. In fact I'd suggest there's a very good chance I'd find something better to do with my Saturdays rather than watch crap footballers play at the Anchor Ground once every two weeks. And I know I won't be alone there.

• Replies 972
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Abbey, are you happy for Blackburn Rovers to go bust and restart in north West counties league or conference league? Just to get rid of Venkys as Rovers owners.

YUP

You and what army, with what finances, and what senior level management team i.e. Board members, financial team, administration, all the way through to kit man and everything in between?

We might not like the Raos' much but I can tell you I'd take a season like this one I personally quite enjoyed, over re-starting in the North West bloody God knows what. In fact I'd suggest there's a very good chance I'd find something better to do with my Saturdays rather than watch crap footballers play at the Anchor Ground once every two weeks. And I know I won't be alone there.

REAL fans would still go.

"WE" comment? hahaha

YUP

"WE" comment? hahaha

You're frighteningly unrealistic. In three seasons we've lost over 10,000 fans on our average league gate. How many of those do you think would trail over to Darwen to watch players that aren't much better than them wear the famous blue & white halves?

Must be nice to be a real fan Abbey. But if being a REAL fan means selfishly, stubbornly and ignorantly wishing away our football league status all because you dislike the owners (despite how horrendous they have been), then I'm bloody glad I'm a plastic.

Be careful what you wish for.

And if Venky's think anyone is going to pay them to take the club, they're deluded. They do believe that though, don't they. Probably because they paid money for it whilst there were other interested parties at the time. Different club then though. There is no value there now. If they really do have mega money, they're not showing that they have the least idea how to use it. Either way, they are going to lose an absolute fortune. Great business minds have they?

No. Didn't the old fella have all the business acuman?

Problem is Den that whatever has gone on in the past (and you know well that I predicted most of it) and whoever screwed up by getting into bed with the Dastardly and Muttley is irrelevant. No one can do anything about that now, revenge is useless and damaging cos we are all in this together. Lots of things may happen in the future and that future is most uncertain but all that can happen that will repair the damage is promotion to then prem and the ensuing financial package. I've no idea how we'll do it (I know you want a new manager for starters ) but the only way anything positive can happen is if the club and it's supporters are all pulling in the right direction. And before you remind me I was one of the first to bale out cos I couldn't face giving my money to a crook / crooks. That is thankfully behind us now and imo last season saw real progress back to becoming a 'proper' club. Whether the much maligned Singh had any input to kick start it by cutting out the rot, whether Shaw and Bowyer work well together, whether the Rao's have taken wise advice I don't know. All I can tell you is that last season saw our fortunes noticeably turn around and head in the right direction for the first time in some years now.

Other clubs that have gone bust haven't dropped that far. I'd start again in Div 1 to get rid of them, no problem

Liquidation / bankruptcy is a very different animal than administration.

Go and sound out a bank manager and ask if the Rao's pull out would his bank step in to fund BRFC without massive levels of security..... which at the minute I can't see that we have.

YUP

"WE" comment? hahaha

There aren't enough real fans to pay for Dunny's take aways!

Careful Abbey ...... you are using an opinion as a stand point first expressed on here a couple of years back by Ewood Spark who stated how good it was to watch BRFC play some League Cup match in front of 5000 'proper' supporters like him and his brother without any tremblers in the ground. Thank goodness I wasn't there cos I hate that echoey public bath sound of a non league match. Would you really like to see Ewood Park razed to the ground just to get shot of the owners?

Personally Den I don't believe at present Venkys are even thinking about selling. A few seasons on and looking no closer to promotion then maybe.

There's an assumption that Venkys are in it for the money, so far it doesn't appear they've made any money from Rovers. I don't even believe they bought it TO make money. They certainly aren't going to make any if they were to try and sell the club right now but you are right that they would be expecting top dollar.

Personally Den I don't believe at present Venkys are even thinking about selling. A few seasons on and looking no closer to promotion then maybe.

There's an assumption that Venkys are in it for the money, so far it doesn't appear they've made any money from Rovers. I don't even believe they bought it TO make money. They certainly aren't going to make any if they were to try and sell the club right now but you are right that they would be expecting top dollar.

They did buy it to make money, but only via the relationship between their business and a PL club. I honestly don't see any kind of endgame here, that could leave the club in a decent position. Well there's one..................... We get promoted and they ignore the debt and still pour millions in. What's the chances of that happening?

Yes *yawn* because I must be related to the Raos or on their payroll right?

Your Ali G handle don't wash with me, probably a dingle

"the only reason the Rao's are still here is because they refuse to talk to anyone interested in taking the club on."

And pray tell where were these billionaire saviours all those years WT were desperately trying to offload us to anyone willing to stiff up the moolah?

I keep on hearing about these wonderful people who are prepared to step in and save the club but I have yet to hear how much these saviours are prepared to stump up to do it.

The reality is there isn't anyone with the financial clout to make Venkys part with the club and take over the debts. Anyone who thinks they would just hand over the keys for a pittance is seriously deluded. There's more chance of them selling off anything of value and leaving a shell in administration before that happens.

You say you've partied with the top in Pune like you know how things work at that level. If that is the case you should be well aware of how important pride and maintaining respect within their own is to the likes of Venkys.

You assume that I am an admirer of Venkys just because I don't come on here spewing bile or insulting others for posting their views but have you considered where we might be if Venkys pull the plug this season?

Did I mention billionaire saviours, have read you back on this message board and done some research ?

You are right about leaving a shell, they are well on course for that one. I just hope they fall foul of corporate governance!

Yes I know about saving face in India, it is the only explanation keeping them here until they find a way out, hence not talking to anyone at the moment because it will cost them.

"You assume that I am an admirer of Venkys just because I don't come on here spewing bile or insulting others" touched a nerve did I ?

The Rao's pulling the plug, see corporate governance and saving face.

So you would rather we end up in administration than stay with the Raos?

Strewth!

That is where we are heading with them

@Abbey and what if we could get promoted in the next few seasons isnt that a far better prospect or are you really going to tell us you would rather we did not get promoted if it means - and most certainly will mean - that we are stuck with Venkys for as long as Premiership football is a possibility?

Hatred of Venkys is one thing. Cutting your nose off to spite your face is another. As has been said countless times before, there's no guarantees that the next owner will be any better than the current ones, who at least seem to have taken the hint and adopted the stay behind the scenes attitude this last season and hopefully seeing how positive the impact that has had.

I'd go as far as saying I do hope we never have to see them at Ewood ever again but I suppose if we are ever promoted and play the munchesta clubs again they'd be back again like plastic fans.

Always a double edge sword whichever way you look at it!

Even if we are correct in the idea of the Raos themselves being screwed, their own victimhood(!) could never excuse them, though, could it it?

Take their very first promise to leave the management structure in tact-broken in a few days They were in a position of power and they continued to collude and cover for the (other) abuser, leaving "the kids" at risk....

Well put, okay with me

Oh so its Venkys to Dingle now Yoda. Pathetic attempt to rile I'm afraid. Try harder. Your all-knowing wise master monicker doesn't suit you either but name calling is usually followed from a weak argument.

Anger leads to fear and fear leads to the dark side don't you know?

I'm also slightly puzzled to why anyone thinks the stinking rich elite are any different wherever you go. I'm pretty sure Sheikh Mansour is no different with the class system in the middle east or Vinny Tan for that matter.

They're all a bunch of self important tossers who should never have been let anywhere near a football club.

• Backroom

Sad to say this thread highlights the problems with this board at times

Like his opinion or not BooyakaSha made well thought out posts and got abuse for daring to be of that mindset

Theres only one problem tom and people have forgot ..it begins with a V.

Scenario....IF 5 games in we are bottom with 0 wins will all this Venky love carry on or will fickleness rise again. At least I am constant and will hate them till the day I die.

Sad to say this thread highlights the problems with this board at times

Like his opinion or not BooyakaSha made well thought out posts and got abuse for daring to be of that mindset

Not from me he didn't, and some of his points if he had researched them might have made more sense,

Stop being so precious, our club has been ruined by shysters from Scotland, down south and India and you expect posters to just take it,

wake up and smell the coffee FFS

Whilst I can understand your reasoning for saying that,w hat was your reaction when you read about this court case where Balaji was supposedly dishing out a beating?

Or the one where Mrs D was involved ?

Just the fact that they were in bed with the likes of Kean and Anderson shows they have a dodgy side. I'll never swallow ALL this nieve crap.

Oh so its Venkys to Dingle now Yoda. Pathetic attempt to rile I'm afraid. Try harder. Your all-knowing wise master monicker doesn't suit you either but name calling is usually followed from a weak argument.

Anger leads to fear and fear leads to the dark side don't you know?

I'm also slightly puzzled to why anyone thinks the stinking rich elite are any different wherever you go. I'm pretty sure Sheikh Mansour is no different with the class system in the middle east or Vinny Tan for that matter.

They're all a bunch of self important tossers who should never have been let anywhere near a football club.

I wasn't trying to rile you, just prodding to see your reaction.

It is your argument that is weak because you have not done enough research, your comments re other countries are not valid and you can't use them to support the Rao's as they are the only Indians in the equation.

You will know if I start to call you names

;)

After all we've been through and now that sensibility seems to be on the up over the last year, then no. What's done is done and I've seen no evidence of Venky's stupidity or any bsnake-like employees over the last year. I hope this continues because, like it or not, they're our only chance of getting back to the PL.

Unlike you I don't think our owners are scumbags. They employed the wrong people who hurried our downfall with their own agendas. As much as we've been taken for a downhill ride as fans, I believe Venkys have, too. They are fools who should bear the responsibility, but they are far from evil ones. Evil ones usually profit out of a situation.

Now that THEY'VE got shut of the cretins they employed in the first place and there is a better ethos and feeling about the club I'd rather move forward than look back and bring our club further down in the process.

After what's happened over the past few years I can't understand for the life of me why any rovers fan doesn't hate them .

Not from me he didn't, and some of his points if he had researched them might have made more sense,

Stop being so precious, our club has been ruined by shysters from Scotland, down south and India and you expect posters to just take it,

Take it? No; That's why many of us protested about the running of the club 2 years ago. I assume you were present at all protests by the way Yoda?

Now we expect to think logically about this situation, perhaps with a thought for how this will play out in the long game. We can moan all we like about Venkys, crikey they've done enough to deserve every bit of stick that we give them. But like it or lump it right now they are the best option we have.

The alternative seems like a very very dark route to me. After the season we have just had (albeit frustrating at times), we should be looking to kick on and make a real go of it next season with a strong squad. We need PL football, without that we are doomed. Would you please explain how this will be possible without the Venkys?

Or the one where Mrs D was involved ?

Just the fact that they were in bed with the likes of Kean and Anderson shows they have a dodgy side. I'll never swallow ALL this nieve crap.

You mean the one where she was accused of despoiling an area of natural beauty and acting without planning permission?

It doesn't ring true of straight-dealers to me (of course, as far as I know, they haven't been found guilty as yet, but mud has this annoying tendency to stick).

I can't prove they're minted either way but given our current situation, ie that we're piddling money out of the door and missing out on Premiership mega-money, then if it was me I'd be chucking money at it to get back up. I know money is already being chucked at it, but compared to what's on offer in the Premiership, if they were sitting on a lot of dough, you'd expect they'd be pumping it in to get back into teh Prem. Especially if they wanted to dispose of us. Wouldn't taht make sense? Get back to teh Prem, pocket the TV money to recoup your losses and then sell the club on.

Would that not be the logical thing to do here?

Again, I'm not criticising them for not doing something I don't have the wherewithal to do myself, but I'm just trying to see the sense in a reduced budget and a promoted academy director as manager. That would be false economy if they could easily afford to spend more.

Take it? No; That's why many of us protested about the running of the club 2 years ago. I assume you were present at all protests by the way Yoda?

Now we expect to think logically about this situation, perhaps with a thought for how this will play out in the long game. We can moan all we like about Venkys, crikey they've done enough to deserve every bit of stick that we give them. But like it or lump it right now they are the best option we have.

The alternative seems like a very very dark route to me. After the season we have just had (albeit frustrating at times), we should be looking to kick on and make a real go of it next season with a strong squad. We need PL football, without that we are doomed. Would you please explain how this will be possible without the Venkys?

Please explain how we will get PL football with them.

We have no divine right to the PL, until they messed it up we were doing OK though.

WTF has attending all protest got to do with it ? I tried to get an audience with these lunes in Pune ( via contacts in Pune )

AT MY EXPENSE

• Backroom

I was more referring to the post that told him to F off basically for having an alternate viewpoint

Archived